Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Mally1)
    Also.. What do you guys think of me watching Fairy Tail?
    I watched 60 eps in 2 weeks. I hope to catch up really soon.

All of my anime buds are telling me its a mistake, and are extremely biased against it even though they haven't watched the series, or given it a chance!
    I'm not watching Fairy Tail myself, but assuming you like the series (enough to watch 60 eps in two weeks, at least), how can it be a mistake? I've only heard good things from the people I know who're up to date with it. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Saw the first ep of that basketball anime (yes Aiko a sport anime:hmmm:)... I forget its name.:hmmmm: I quite liked it. Was quite dramatic at times in a good shonen/sport way.:giggle:
    (Original post by Mally1)
    Also.. What do you guys think of me watching Fairy Tail?
    I watched 60 eps in 2 weeks. I hope to catch up really soon.

All of my anime buds are telling me its a mistake, and are extremely biased against it even though they haven't watched the series, or given it a chance!
    Those people clearly know nothing and should be ignored.:hmmm: I myself was watching it weekly but stopped around ep 60 for no particular reason.:hmmmm: There wasnt anything wrong with it. Was quite good at times.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My blog poll ended in a tie, so I've started both Koi Kaze and Pretear. So far, I'm enjoying watching both - Koi Kaze's slow pacing, light colours and (relatively) serious tone is the complete opposite of the bright, crazy and fun Pretear, and I enjoy such variation. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Sweet! Thanks alot for restoring my anime confidence in SHOUNEN!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    My blog poll ended in a tie, so I've started both Koi Kaze and Pretear. So far, I'm enjoying watching both - Koi Kaze's slow pacing, light colours and (relatively) serious tone is the complete opposite of the bright, crazy and fun Pretear, and I enjoy such variation. :yes:
    Both anime what you have started seem really really interesting.
    I myself don't particually watch animes with love stories *wimp*. But I do appreciate them!

Pretear seems like an anime what has caught my eye!
    I will put it on my plan to watch on MAL.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just found out Eureka Seven AO didn't air this week... keeping a weekly episode ranking is hard when the series' keep on going off and doing their own thing. :p: It'll be chaos at the gap between this season and the next!

ReputationRep:
    same with naruto :cry:

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Wandering Son and Ano Hana are both noitaminA shows though - it's more unusual for series in that slot to have over 11 episodes (or 22 if they're double length). Though according to ANN, Sakamichi no Apollon is getting 12.
    oh right ok fair enough :p:

(Original post by vin)
    AP has those :hmmm:

:ditto:, though I've barely used them aside from when I first joined, and when I want to report a mistake in the database. :p: They seem pretty active, though.
    the forum on AP just feels a bit distant from the profiles and i have to make a separate account for it while on MAL it feels more snug :p: and each anime got its own sub forum which i like :yes:

It made its way onto my want to watch list years ago, but I never actually got around to it. :s: Can't remember whether I simply couldn't find it, or whether I downloaded it and put it on the hard drive that ended up breaking, it'd be something like that. Either way, I suddenly remembered about it and put it back on the list. :yes:
    ah right, good to hear youre enjoying it :cool:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    Saw the first ep of that basketball anime (yes Aiko a sport anime:hmmm:)... I forget its name.:hmmmm: I quite liked it. Was quite dramatic at times in a good shonen/sport way.:giggle:
    I found this enjoyable myself, but decided to put it on hold due to the lack of time, and I already had my diet of sport with Area no Kishi.

ReputationRep:
    F/Z 24

Spoiler:
    Show
    I gather this episode covered huge amounts of the LN, so bits of it felt a tad rushed. Left me a bit confused at times.

Why did Lancelot hate Saber so much that he returned as Berserker to kill her?

When Kiritsugu killed Ilya and Iri inside the grail was it actually Iri that he killed or just the grail posing as her? Once more why did he draw the conclusion that the grail would kill the worlds population if he wished for Iri and Ilya to survive?

Aside from that amazing episode as ever.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to finish watching the last episode of Ikkotousen now, then watch F/Z 24.
    ANIME!!!!

Fairy Tail 72.

ReputationRep:
    F/Z 24.. Just wow..

ReputationRep:
    I'm with the previous posters on F/Z ep 24, just amazing :headfire:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm struggling to fully appreciate the awesomeness of the most recent Fate/Zero episode for the reasons already covered by Carecup. :sadnod: Definitely a few too many unanswered questions, at least for someone not familiar with the source material. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    F/Z 24

Spoiler:
    Show
    I gather this episode covered huge amounts of the LN, so bits of it felt a tad rushed. Left me a bit confused at times.

When Kiritsugu killed Ilya and Iri inside the grail was it actually Iri that he killed or just the grail posing as her? Once more why did he draw the conclusion that the grail would kill the worlds population if he wished for Iri and Ilya to survive?

Spoiler:
    Show

No idea why Lancelot hated Saber that much, was not explained in the anime so far.

The killing in the grail was all a figment of his imagination.
    The grail could take form as Iri (As remember when Kiritsugu questioned the Iri figure and she revealed that the grail needed a way to communicate and that way is via a human image), therefore it could also take form in many events in order to explain its use and test Kiritsugu's judgement. In that sense, his views upon the grail were wavered, hence the command seals were used.

That's what I got out of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    F/Z 24

Spoiler:
    Show

Just watched it, so I'll give you my piece.

Strong spoilers, even for people who've seen the episode.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He didn't return as Berserker to kill her. Servants don't choose their class, that's pre-determined by their legend and stats. To summon a Berserker class servant in Fate, you actively do so by adding lines to the summoning ritual and said servant must have been driven to madness at some point in their history. Kariya was instructed to summon Lancelot as Berserker because the Mad Enhancement would up his stats, to put him on par with other servants, due to Kariya being a weak magus and master.

To start, you need to look into some of Lancelot's tales. There are stories in Arthurian legend like where Lancelot is involved in an affair with Lady Guinevere. The the affair officially exposed by Sir Mordred and Guinevere is effectively put to the stake, Lancelot then kills several knights including Sirs Gareth and Gaheris of the round table in rescuing Guinevere. Lancelot then denounces his knighthood and goes hermit mode. All of this basically startsto the collapse of the round table, Mordred usurping the throne and the death of Arthur, etc. Throw in a few occasions where Lancelot goes mad (depending on the story): being tricked into fathering Sir Galahad by Elaine King and going crazy upon realising this, going a bit mad for blaming himself for Arthur's death and such. There's a lot to Arthurian legend and I can't be bothered with more than this. But that's the general jist of it.

Anyway, back to Fate and Berserker's reasons, because the Saber v Berserker fight was a whole load of different to the LN and they didn't cover the reasoning, so I'll just skip to the part where Berserker stops, with some omission:

Spoiler:
    Show
    "Lancelot…”

"Yes… Thank you. Perhaps, this is the only way I can convey my longing.”

Looking upon the sword that pierced his body with a gaze filled with compassion, Lancelot smiled wryly as he continued to speak.

"Actually… at that time I had hoped that you would personally punish me. My King… At that time I really wished that you would denounce me out of your own anger…”

The traitor knight, Lancelot who was called the culprit of the split of the Round Table — thus he spoke with sorrow to his only friend, who had never blamed him even until the very end.

"If I could have been punished by you… If you had demanded recompense from me… Then I would definitely believe in redemption… I would definitely believe that one day I can find a way to forgive myself. … The Queen is probably the same…”

"To die in the King’s arms, before the King’s eyes… haha, like this it is really… as if I am a loyal knight…”

In short, Lancelot wished to be condemned for his actions, something that Arthur never did, so that he could also find forgiveness for his actions.

About the actual fight:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Post-Arondight, Saber shouldn't have really have fought back as she did, seeing Lancelot basically left her broken and unable to do anything more than deflect Lancelot's blows. The anime made it look like Berserker's death caused Kariya's death, when it was the crest worms running out of prana to supply Berserker causing him to halt, which allowed Saber to make the killing blow.

Not only that, Kariya is meant to live long enough to make it back to the Matou household, where he tells Sakura that he's come to rescue her... before dropping dead.

As for the grail debacle. It was the grail posing as Irisviel, with her being its vessel and that. It would have been more apparent if she was wearing the black dress she was supposed to be wearing, but I don't think it wasn't too hard to figure anyway. The grail, being corrupted, is a ****, as stated in previous Fate stories and earlier in Fate/Zero, it doesn't grant wishes in the expected way, it grants them in the ******** genie way: wish for a million pounds, go a 2 million in debt first. The grail explains this methodology to him with the boats. Kerry wishes to end all human conflict, the grail would do this by killing everyone in a fashion similar to the boat dilemma until it boils down to an equilibrium. It's also a roundabout way to also show Kerry's actual desire, to be able to live in peace with his family.

Ufotable got a lot to sort out for the Blu-Ray releases. The episode was a visual treat and I did enjoy it for that, just like the UBW movie, that's about it. They didn't quite get across Kerry and Kotomine's fight down properly either. I can only hope they fill in some gaps next episode, but I doubt it due to time restraints.

Edit: Anyway, it's time to catch up on a 3 week dose of Hyouka.

ReputationRep:
    I felt F/Z ep 24 tried to put too much of the story into one episode but,

Spoiler:
    Show
    Did anyone else say aww when kiritsugu points the gun at Ilya's clueless face? That was sooo cute! Plus I swear Ilya looked more chubby than in episode 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0body)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Did anyone else say aww when kiritsugu points the gun at Ilya's clueless face? That was sooo cute! Plus I swear Ilya looked more chubby than in episode 2
    That was sooo cute!
    cute!
    You wouldn't happen to be a close relation of this girl would you?

ReputationRep:
    So, after catching up on the last 4 episodes of Hyouka, it's good to see things actually get going, because the start of the series was pretty slow and episode 5 in particular was quite mundane, to be honest. With that said, the last two episodes have been nice, building up a mystery over a few episodes rather than being standalone.

I forgot how much of a visual treat the show is. The animation, particularly in episode 8, is second to none.

And this week's Aquarion Evol :awesome:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Good news that Dragon Medaka Box is getting a second season. With one episode remaining, I was concerned that the anime adaptation would end when it was just getting started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tabris)
    So, after catching up on the last 4 episodes of Hyouka, it's good to see things actually get going, because the start of the series was pretty slow and episode 5 in particular was quite mundane, to be honest. With that said, the last two episodes have been nice, building up a mystery over a few episodes rather than being standalone.

I forgot how much of a visual treat the show is. The animation, particularly in episode 8, is second to none.

And this week's Aquarion Evol :awesome:
    Hyouka did pick up after a certain point but I found out that since
    Spoiler:
    Show
    the Hyouka mystery was solved
    it just went downhill and is now starting to have more dull episodes with too much talking. I'm still watching it since they might be saving something more after a few episodes (it's kyoani after all) and of course the visuals. But for now, it's just another club anime with characters that take clubs a bit too seriously.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.