The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3520
Original post by r4ndom
Great :^_^:

Ok, It's a mixture of the animes I like most. There are a bit of everything... accion, comedy and sports.
Also, I write as they come to my mind, so I may be forgeting a few :smile:

Gungrave
Berskerk
Hajime ni ippo
One outs
Darker than black
Fate state night
Getbackers
D-Gray Man
Rorouni Kenshin
Great Teacher Onizuka
Lucky Star
Initial D
PlaneteS
Last Exile
____
Slam dunk

Mmm, I'll add some more titles when I have checked my old lists :rolleyes:

Ok, here's a few that I'd recommend, based upon your list that are worth watching:

Major
Hunter x Hunter
YuYu Hakusho
Giant Killing
Durarara!!
Noein
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Gankutsuou
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
Over Drive
Blue Gender
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo
Air Master
Project ARMS
Mirai Nikki
Eden of the East

And lastly, assuming you haven't seen them or were unaware:

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing
Reply 3521
Original post by Aiko
Ok, here's a few that I'd recommend, based upon your list that are worth watching:
Major
Hunter x Hunter
YuYu Hakusho

Giant Killing
Durarara!!
Noein
History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
Gankutsuou
Gungrave
Gunslinger Girl
Over Drive

Blue Gender
Tenjou Tenge
Samurai Champloo

Air Master
Project ARMS
Mirai Nikki
Eden of the East

And lastly, assuming you haven't seen them or were unaware:

Hajime no Ippo: New Challenger
Last Exile: Fam The Silver Wing

This ones I have already watched.
And this ones I was never able to finish xD

I'll try the others :smile: I think I had already got Noein...

I watched all the Ippo stuff, but I didn't know about the second part of Last Exile. Is it a serie or a movie? ^^

Thank you.
(edited 11 years ago)
Just won volume 4 of Dorothea for 99p (plus £2.50 postage) - this volume sells for ~£45 usually.

[EDIT]...and also the 5th volume for the same price. Slightly less rare, but would still cost a good £20 on Amazon.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3523
Lucky you :smile:
Original post by r4ndom
Lucky you :smile:

I know. :biggrin: I thought I was taking a risk when I bought the first three volumes (£10 each, a good deal considering vol. 3 alone sells for >£60), but since then the others have been cropping up cheaply too. Only one left to get now!
Reply 3525
Original post by r4ndom
This ones I have already watched.
And this ones I was never able to finish xD

Haha, I don't blame you, they're pretty long. However, I would definitely look into resuming Hunter x Hunter when you can. :smile:

I'll try the others :smile: I think I had already got Noein...

Noein is sorely underrated. Easily one of the best of its genre, in my opinion. Has a great soundtrack too. :smile:

I watched all the Ippo stuff, but I didn't know about the second part of Last Exile. Is it a serie or a movie? ^^

Thank you.

It's a television series, 23 episodes. It's not as good as the first series, but it's definitely worth watching. :smile:
Reply 3526
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I know. :biggrin: I thought I was taking a risk when I bought the first three volumes (£10 each, a good deal considering vol. 3 alone sells for >£60), but since then the others have been cropping up cheaply too. Only one left to get now!

:smile:
I stoped buying manga because it's just too expensive.

Original post by Aiko
Haha, I don't blame you, they're pretty long. However, I would definitely look into resuming Hunter x Hunter when you can. :smile:

Noein is sorely underrated. Easily one of the best of its genre, in my opinion. Has a great soundtrack too. :smile:

It's a television series, 23 episodes. It's not as good as the first series, but it's definitely worth watching. :smile:

I'm going tomorrow on a 3 days trip to Canterbury to the Open day, to look for accomodation and all that.
When I get back home I'll have July and August to watch them all :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Anybody here read Tower of God?
Started FMA:Brotherhood again as I had it stalled. Just seen episode 8

Spoiler

I had seriously forgotten how good Brotherhood is, just finished episode 17

Spoiler

Reply 3530
Watching 'Nabari no Ou' after randomly choosing it off the funmation channel...finding it really bizzare :lolwut:

You know American 4Kids dubs where they miss out the first 12 episodes of a series so there's no character development and everything seems a little out? Well this feels the same :s: I'm 8 minutes in and things keep happening for no conceivable reason...a load of characters are thrown at you...apparently one's a ninja and the only explanation that seems to be necessary is that he's hot and can make a hand signal...I think? And there's a club of some kind....I liked the first 30 seconds but...now I'm a bit lost to be honest

Kind of curious though....

*continues to watch*
Reply 3531
So just finished Ano natsu de Matteru.

Not really sure how I feel about this series. I was recommended it by a friend who went on about how amazing the ending was and how he cried after it finished, but I really didn't feel it. Although that's probably because I couldn't find myself getting at all invested in the main couple and their developing romance. That being said I actually found the supporting cast to be much more interesting and probably would have preferred a series that concentrated on their little

Spoiler

That being said it bucked many of the trends commonly seen in romance and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

One final thing

Spoiler

Give it a solid 8/10 overall.
Reply 3532
I watched Roujin Z today, and very much liked it. It was an effective, funny satire and it also had giant robots fighting.
Reply 3533
Speaking of giant robots fighting, this is amazing:

Unfortunately it's apparently just for a pachinko machine, and doesn't herald the arrival of a glorious new high-budget Combattler V anime. Oh well.
Reply 3534
Finally, the weekend is upon us and therefore I can watch some anime! Specifically, the first episode of Koto Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru (that took a while to type out), Natsuyuki Rendezvous, Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai (another unnecessarily long title) and lastly Hagure Yuusha no Estetica (nearly as long). Looking at the PV for all, the only one that seems remotely promising is Natsuyuki Rendezvous, but we'll see. :tongue:

I did have the chance to watch Arcana Famiglia yesterday before going to bed, and it's pretty standard affair; nothing especially interesting or original about it. The only thing I do like is the proposed tournament that's very battle shounen. I'll give it a few more episodes before deciding whether to continue watching it weekly or not.

Edit:

Well, Koto Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru was precisely as I expected, a typical harem romance series.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3535
Is it just me or is Anime-Planet failing to displaying any anime when viewing a user's list? Coupled with the slow loading times for me, I'm starting to really consider emigrating, even if it means manually adding everything to MAL, something I'm reluctant to do. :s-smilie:
Original post by Aiko
Is it just me or is Anime-Planet failing to displaying any anime when viewing a user's list? Coupled with the slow loading times for me, I'm starting to really consider emigrating, even if it means manually adding everything to MAL, something I'm reluctant to do. :s-smilie:

Just you. :yes: Or at least, neither of those issues is affecting me. :hmmmm2:

My internet has been constantly disconnecting since yesterday, which has made me fall behind with the new season's shows. I replaced one of the wires though, so hopefully the problem will be fixed now... I'm hoping to get Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai and Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate next, if only so I can say I've given them a chance. :p: Can't say I'm overly enthusiastic about either.
i joined MAL a few weeks ago but still havent added anything yet :p:

finished hayoire nyaruko-san, twas a fun series :yep: nyaruko :awesome:

also finished mysterious gf x, was a nice ending to a surprsiingly good show :h:

Original post by HolyFuzazzle
I do concur. Saw the manga at Waterstones and I was like @-@ I haz no monies.

:five: aww :mmm: i started to read scanlations :ninja:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by eugenius 8
i joined MAL a few weeks ago but still havent added anything yet :p:

finished hayoire nyaruko-san, twas a fun series :yep: nyaruko :awesome:

also finished mysterious gf x, was a nice ending to a surprsiingly good show :h:

:five: aww :mmm: i started to read scanlations :ninja:

Ah, when I joined MAL it was reaaaally annoying because it would never update after adding anything but it seems a lot better at it now :/ Still a pain though. Though that MAL automatic updater thing you can download is pretty useful.

Yeah, me too. Though I've been on chapter 40 something of Yotsuba for ever @_@
Reply 3539
Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai is extremely average and cliched to the point that even I'm pondering whether to watch this weekly or not. I don't know what's up with this trend we've been subjected to recently where the protagonist is openly perverted and proud of it, it's just incredibly lame. I'll give it one more episode to convince me otherwise.

Edit: Oh yeah, I guess I should briefly comment on Campione. While this wasn't as bad as the former despite the similar dynamic between the two main leads, at least it has something vaguely interesting going for it with the flashy battle at the end. Nonetheless, it was still rather shallow and lacking of any real promise, so similarly I'll give a few more episodes before deciding whether to keep it on.

Lastly, on the other hand, I was quite impressed by Muv-Luv. The cliche of having young girls pilot mecha is certainly nothing new, but the way they handled it, particularly the seriousness of the situation, was worth noting. The production wasn't bad either, so I'm definitely keeping this one on for now.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending