Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    I started watching animes that haven't been able to watch before since I'm not watching any of the ones that are out this season. I started with "5 centimeters per second" and it certainly was....different. I had to watch the last episode twice to understand what was going on. But it was still enjoyable nonetheless.

ReputationRep:
    I got hold of my old DVD's filled with anime.
    I'll be watching Major next while I obtain Fate/Zero

I might re-watch D-Gray Man later on ^^

ReputationRep:
    I got hold of my old DVD's filled with anime.
    I'll be watching Major next while I obtain Fate/Zero

I might re-watch D-Gray Man later on ^^

edit:

I just saw some chapters of Major. I'm enjoing it so far but...
    Spoiler:
    Show

was it necesary to kill the poor kid's father as well?

ReputationRep:
    Finished Jormungand :unimpressed: good series.. really liked it. But I was hoping it was going to be longer.:huff: Instead of being continued at a later point.:huff:

..Her name is Koko she is loco I said oh no. :flute:

:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I started watching Full Metal Alchemist. It is EPIC!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IchigoKurosaki)
    I started watching Full Metal Alchemist. It is EPIC!
    The first series or Brotherhood?

ReputationRep:
    Hey for anyone who might know (possibly Cara) what are Vampire Knight and Sakura hime like?

For some reason I've kept thinking about picking up VK for years now, I don't mind shoujo stuff, but is it just fangirl bait?

Heck I don't even mind that as long as it isn't too angsty :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Truered)
    Hey for anyone who might know (possibly Cara) what are Vampire Knight and Sakura hime like?

For some reason I've kept thinking about picking up VK for years now, I don't mind shoujo stuff, but is it just fangirl bait?

Oh the vampire knight anime had alot of angsting in it :erm: particularly the first series. That frigging ..cant remember his name .. white haired boy.. just went on and on.:indiff: Second series was better, more action and less white haired boy moaning.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by vin)
    Oh the vampire knight anime had alot of angsting in it :erm: particularly the first series. That frigging ..cant remember his name .. white haired boy.. just went on and on.:indiff: Second series was better, more action and less white haired boy moaning.
    I did like Vampire Knight, but have recently got pissed off with the series & ended up selling all my manga of it - it's all gotten a bit ridiculous (and considering it was ridiculous to start with that's saying something).

The anime was fun though and very pretty - it's complete fujoshi bait, and yes it is choc full of angsty bishies (which is what made me like the series to start with!).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yet again, another slow server/database issue from A-P:

This is seriously convincing me to take the plunge, assuming I can even view my list on A-P, and move to MAL. I'm tiring of this. :sad:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Both were reasonably enjoyable in their own way, although far from the best that shojo can offer. I've not hidden in the past that I'm a big fan of Arina Tanemura, mainly because I love her artwork, so much so, that I even queued for a few hours in the cold when I was younger just to have the opportunity to meet her and get a signed copy of Full Moon. Anyhow, Sakura Hime is an endearing manga, one that I personally enjoyed, although it's hard to say whether you'll like it or not. Can't hurt, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Both were reasonably enjoyable in their own way, although far from the best that shojo can offer. I've not hidden in the past that I'm a big fan of Arina Tanemura, mainly because I love her artwork, so much so, that I even queued for a few hours in the cold when I was younger just to have the opportunity to meet her and get a signed copy of Full Moon. Anyhow, Sakura Hime is an endearing manga, one that I personally enjoyed, although it's hard to say whether you'll like it or not. Can't hurt, I suppose.
    Well I did enjoy full moon (picked it up after Cooro kept saying how she liked it). If I recall correctly (it was a few years ago) I felt the ending was a teensy bit rushed, but it was an enjoyable enough series.

Decided to go for Sakura hime, but not VK. Might try black god instead, I've been thinking about taking the plunge on it for years now
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well I did enjoy full moon (picked it up after Cooro kept saying how she liked it). If I recall correctly (it was a few years ago) I felt the ending was a teensy bit rushed, but it was an enjoyable enough series.

Decided to go for Sakura hime, but not VK. Might try black god instead, I've been thinking about taking the plunge on it for years now
    To be honest, among the two, as much as I enjoyed manga's answer to Twilight, I'd rather read Sakura Hime.

And on another note, it's the weekend! Yay! Time to watch some anime.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I started watching animes that haven't been able to watch before since I'm not watching any of the ones that are out this season. I started with "5 centimeters per second" and it certainly was....different. I had to watch the last episode twice to understand what was going on. But it was still enjoyable nonetheless.
    Shinkai is awesome. A Miyazaki in the making. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Weird, this is what I'm getting:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Edit: And it seems I can't even access their forum:

They must be experiencing some sort of database issue.
    Post about server stuffs :hmmm:
    http://www.anime-planet.com/forum/si...-can-help.html
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who is experiencing this, so I'll leave it up to those who post regularly on there.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Just organising what to watch and for the first time in what seems like eons I'm actually starting to get confused as to what's what, which is strange as I had very little trouble during my teens following 35+ anime series, whereas presently I'm following 27.

ReputationRep:
    I already finished the first temp of Major. I enjoied it a lot. I was getting it mixed with some poor anime with a monkey-like kid shouting thinks like MAX and MAXIMUN all the time...

I'm glad I was confused xD
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by r4ndom)
    I already finished the first temp of Major. I enjoied it a lot. I was getting it mixed with some poor anime with a monkey-like kid shouting thinks like MAX and MAXIMUN all the time...

I'm glad I was confused xD
    Major is brilliant, easily one of the best sport anime series there is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Major is brilliant, easily one of the best sport anime series there is.
    I'm enjoing it a lot
    Yeap, one of the bests with slam dunk, one outs and hajime no ippo

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.