Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Any other anime like Ghost in the shell anyone can suggest?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Any other anime like Ghost in the shell anyone can suggest?
    Hello other AJ.

You might want to have a look at some of the following:

Ergo Proxy

Jin-Roh

Darker Than BLACK

Eden of the East

Armitage III

Hope something there interests you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    Finished FMA :sigh: And now I'm sad. But hopefully I can finally concentrate on my assignments!
    It's now time to watch FMA: Brotherhood
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hello other AJ.

You might want to have a look at some of the following:

Ergo Proxy

Jin-Roh

Darker Than BLACK

Eden of the East

Armitage III

Hope something there interests you.
    Thanks a lot will have a look through that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    It's now time to watch FMA: Brotherhood

Deadliiiines :cry:

But I really hope Mustang is in it :puppyeyes: *swoon*

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Ippo 66, Takamura fighting a bear
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    :rofl: Ippo 66, Takamura fighting a bear
    Yeah, that's a classic Takamura moment, and it only gets better later on. :giggle:

(PS - I'll respond to your previous post later. I completely missed it yesterday. )

ReputationRep:
    damn only like 9-10 eps of ippo left
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, that's a classic Takamura moment, and it only gets better later on. :giggle:

(PS - I'll respond to your previous post later. I completely missed it yesterday. )
    and yet you said you read my posts :emo:

also for a completely unrelated reason I was looking up the dempsey roll and alot of the results were ippo related:mmm: and one of the results that wasnt was a boxing forum where several posters mentioned that "hajime no ippo is awesome":awesome: aside from talking about the actual technique/move ...I dont know the correct terminology :redface: they also linked to videos of matches using elements of it and I watched it.:indiff:

Ive also downloaded the OSTs for use as motivation music.:3

ReputationRep:
    finally stuff is actually happening after 8 eps of Myself;Yourself :p: Nanaka :puppyeyes: that post box thing :cute:

ive devided to finish last seasons shows before i start any new ones or else my backlog would just keep on increasing :erm:

(Original post by vin)
    there was more after in dbz but for some reason its ending here
    aww may watch some DBZ then

looking at your above post, you like sport now? :awesome: :five:

ReputationRep:

Deadliiiines :cry:

But I really hope Mustang is in it :puppyeyes: *swoon*
    Mustang is in it :perv:

FMA: Brother basically follows the manga more so you could see it as a different ending? :beard: Or just more FMA :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Mustang is in it :perv:

FMA: Brother basically follows the manga more so you could see it as a different ending? :beard: Or just more FMA :awesome:
    I just saw half of the first episode, I was like :lolwut:

Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY ARE THEY TOGETHER AND AL IS IN ARMOUR WHAAATTTTTTT

So I'm going to let that sink in and then I might watch more :mmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    ippo ep 60 :s:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    how come the championship belt was between sendo and vorg after ippo lost :s: shouldnt he have been closer to it since he beat them both :confused:

vorg and sendo's fight didnt conclude satisfyingly :sad:

vorg

:mad: I dont like how the comic soc thread is red now, it sticks out more then ours.:hmpf: This one should be atleast purple!:unimpressed:
    Any boxer can challenge the current belt holder, irrespective of their winnings or losings with other opponents. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    The last episode of Star Driver was a bit unsatisfactory. In a way, it was befitting of a finale, certainly on the animation front, but it lacked something. I suppose it's representative of the entire series, which never hit that boiling point. I found the plot reasonably interesting due to its mystery and the character cast were likeable, but neither spurred my interest to the point where I was anticipating what was going to happen next. I suppose it's slightly disappointing that with such a stellar staff behind this (Takuya, Yoshiyuki and Kazuhiro to name but a few of the primary talent), I was expecting something so much more, possibly ranking alongside Bones's Eureka Seven, but this doesn't come close to that. It's very much in the same ilk as Xam'd, I'd say, even though that was arguably more engaging. So, to conclude, Star Driver was a solid series, perceivably above average, but nothing exceptional.

ReputationRep:
    I might try and finally make the last push through Katanagatari. Finally got the last five episode a few days ago, and watched episode 8 yesterday. Felt tired today after having to walk into town twice so didn't watch any more :emo:

Also I now have all 42 volumes of the dragonball manga :smug:

I just have to wait until my birthday (May) until I can actually have them :moon:

Woah, there's an entire subforum for anime now. (and comics)

I was looking forward to Steins;Gate this season, but I think I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out. I already know the major plot points, so it's not like I'm crying out to see what next. After how painfully slow ep 1 was, I want to be able to burst through a load in one go.

Also, has anyone here seen/heard of Cat **** One? The concept looks quite interesting, but would like some opinions first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susant)
    Woah, there's an entire subforum for anime now. (and comics)

I was looking forward to Steins;Gate this season, but I think I'm going to wait until all the episodes are out. I already know the major plot points, so it's not like I'm crying out to see what next. After how painfully slow ep 1 was, I want to be able to burst through a load in one go.

Also, has anyone here seen/heard of Cat **** One? The concept looks quite interesting, but would like some opinions first.
    yeah ive seen the only ep released of cat **** one :giggle: its quite entertaining and the animals are cute
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I just saw half of the first episode (of FMA Brotherhood), I was like :lolwut:

Spoiler:
    Show
    WHY ARE THEY TOGETHER AND AL IS IN ARMOUR WHAAATTTTTTT

So I'm going to let that sink in and then I might watch more :mmm:
    I'm guessing you didn't know Brotherhood was a remake then? :wtf: That's why I was surprised you were watching the first series; its alright as far as anime-original storylines go, but its a bit pointless now that the infinitely better Brotherhood has been released.

The one problem with Brotherhood is that it does speed through a lot of the early material that the first anime handled better (albeit with a few changes here and there).

ReputationRep:
    Bleach peeps

Spoiler:
    Show
    or the way Kubo introduces a arc is getting repetitive? Rukia, the vizard smiley guy(forgot his name..Shino? or something like that) and the new Ginjou guy were all introduced in a similar way...

And after almost 2 months without reading Bleach, after spending 20-30 minutes reading it all, I came to a conclusion - Bleach still sucks :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    ep 11 of Myself;Yourself, totally didnt expect that :eek4: the end of that ep :cry2: all these twists in the last few eps :eek2:

finished it :cry2: great show in the end, last few eps made up for the pretty average first half of the show :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    thank god it didnt end in a tradegy, poor Nanaka :cry2: glad Shuri and Shuu managed to get away from it all :love: but seeing it happen :cry2: didnt like how they suddenly stopped the ending bit then went straight to the ten years after thing, would have been nice to see a hug or something :puppyeyes: but it ended nicely Nanaka :love:

feel a bit :cry2: after finishing that show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm guessing you didn't know Brotherhood was a remake then? :wtf: That's why I was surprised you were watching the first series; its alright as far as anime-original storylines go, but its a bit pointless now that the infinitely better Brotherhood has been released.

The one problem with Brotherhood is that it does speed through a lot of the early material that the first anime handled better (albeit with a few changes here and there).
    Nah, I didn't - My friend told me it's a sequel I'm gonna beat her up :mmm:

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.