Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    But you get to see SSJ4! And cute little Goku (because we all know he was the best when he was a kid) and Pan.
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)

And miss SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta/Gogeta, Baby Vegeta and Shenron!??:zomg:
    Do not want :huff:

ReputationRep:
    For all those Hip hop fans/DBZ fans please tell this made you laugh hard.

For those who dont know, this is the original song: (LL Cool J - Mama Said knock you out)

Here is the Vageta version (first minute or so at least :P)

Anyway, since exams have been over, I watched code geass which I thought was amazing. Although I was getting confused near the end with all the information being thrown our way, i need to watch it again.

I've now got 2 episodes of cowboy bebop left. This is also brilliant. It starts off very cool with Spike and his Jeet Kun Do, but the character depth as it progresses is amazing so far.

Next im going onto full metal alchemist. I'm going to watch both anime series, but im watching the initial one first and the other one a bit later. I read the first 10 or so chapters a looong time ago and it seemed very interesting, we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Started watching SAO. Pretty enjoyable so far. Will pick up Jinrui and probably Tari Tari soon as well.

ReputationRep:
    So.

The K-ON movie has been subbed by coalguys.

I know everyone hates everything about it and we totally don't watch it anyway as a guilty pleasure.

I just thought someone may need this information at some point in their life.

ReputationRep:
    I've no time for K-ON and haven't watched it (no disrespect to its fans, it's not my thing) but I've been kind of anticipating the film, just because I enjoy Britsploitation anime. Which reminds me that I should get around to trying that Emma romance anime one of these days.

ReputationRep:
    oh god that looks like the start of naruto filler :nooo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    So.

The K-ON movie has been subbed by coalguys.

I know everyone hates everything about it and we totally don't watch it anyway as a guilty pleasure.

I just thought someone may need this information at some point in their life.
    Watched the raws, watched the subbed copies for better encoding and quality, got BDs on the way :awesome:

It looks fan-tucking-fastic on a 48" LED TV.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Started two series today; The first was All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku TV, which I can already tell is going to be garbage. :p: Makes me wonder whether the first OVA was actually any good, as I remember it fondly, but I did watch it a long time ago. :hmmmm2: Nuku Nuku Dash! was also quite bad.

The second was Tenshi na Konamaiki, a series which makes Toei's Kanon look pretty in comparison. :rofl: Not all my laughter was due to the animation quality though - it actually had a very funny first episode. :yes:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    The second was Tenshi na Konamaiki, a series which makes Toei's Kanon look pretty in comparison. :rofl: Not all my laughter was due to the animation quality though - it actually had a very funny first episode. :yes:
    This is hilarious, animation included.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Manga-wise, I won all three volumes of CLAMP's Suki on ebay just a minute or two ago (cost £20.70 - my maximum bid was £21 :zomg:). I might have been able to get the series a little cheaper elsewhere, but I'm happy enough. Besides, yesterday I was able to win Alien Nine Emulators for £9 - it sells for £40+ on Amazon, so it somehow still feels as though I've profited. :proud:

*won't buy any more manga now, at least not until he's read Rave Master and Suki*

ReputationRep:
    So i watched the first episode of deathnote as i thought lets see if uts really as good as the people say, the outcome? On episode 26 (been watching it 9 hours today its that addicting epic storyline which isnt obvious which makes me craving to know what will happen) hopefully should finish all 37 by 7

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's coming to that stage now where I'm beginning to question whether it's worth continuing on with the 27 something anime series I'm following, and if I'm brutally honest, a few of them are incredibly generic to the point that even I'm pondering why I'm watching them (I'm looking at you Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!). Still, I'm remarkably managing to fit them into my, ahem, terribly busy schedule over the weekend with relative ease, so I might for once keep pretty much everything I have going on.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    It's coming to that stage now where I'm beginning to question whether it's worth continuing on with the 27 something anime series I'm following, and if I'm brutally honest, a few of them are incredibly generic to the point that even I'm pondering why I'm watching them (I'm looking at you Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai and Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!). Still, I'm remarkably managing to fit them into my, ahem, terribly busy schedule over the weekend with relative ease, so I might for once keep pretty much everything I have going on.

:hmmm: :p:

I'm happy with most of what I picked up this season. A bit disappointed in Arcana Famiglia's second and third episodes, but something has to come last in my rankings. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Major including the OVA. It left this empty feeling that only the great animes/books can leave.

pd: Goro --> :gangster:
    (if it wasn't for the glod teeth xD)

ReputationRep:
    Finished off Mysterious Girlfriend X, still haven't started any new shows.

I did watch Redline last night, very pretty but a bit underwhelming at the end. Also started Birdy the mighty decode.

Oh and I finished the first One piece omnibus last night and today started reading Bakuman.

I'm actually doing ontopic postable things :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Watched Vampire Hunter D : Bloodlust which was great and that's taken me to 100 anime completed.:proud:
    http://myanimelist.net/animelist/princejan7
    Started Rainbow and Spice and Wolf as well, both of which I'm really enjoying.

ReputationRep:
    I just found my old anime-planet acount

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r4ndom)
    I just found my old anime-planet acount

cool, nice signature. I like Gungrave too :top:
    You should rate your anime. Maybe I can find something that I'll want to watch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by confuzzled92)
    cool, nice signature. I like Gungrave too :top:
    You should rate your anime. Maybe I can find something that I'll want to watch.
    Thanks ^^ (I didn't make it myself doh... xD)

And aaahhrr.... I'm so lazy, maybe one day :rolleyes:

edit: Ok, done, most of them anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r4ndom)
    Thanks ^^ (I didn't make it myself doh... xD)

And aaahhrr.... I'm so lazy, maybe one day :rolleyes:

edit: Ok, done, most of them anyway
    Not so lazy after all

Today is a special day for me as I have gone through my first year of watching anime. (Party!)
    Needless to say, after reviewing the anime's I watch, I have come to the conclusion that I watched too many sad/depressing/mind blowing anime's.

Sooo does anyone have any "happy" anime's they would like to share with me?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.