Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Watched Arrietty (on blu ray) last night, and so according to MAL I've now completed 300 things.

After the terrible earthseas and slightly disappointing Ponyo this was more of a return to the type of slow Ghibli magic that got me into anime in the first place :woo:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    10th episodes of shows are coming out, and I've not even finished the 8th episodes yet! :bawling: My internet situation is looking pretty dire...

*has 92.4% of Sword Art Online episode 8 downloaded, though, which he supposes is progress*

I've been making swift progress manga-wise, though. Maybe too swift, as I'd intended my mountain of newly purchased books to last at least a month. :p: This week I've finished Suki (a bit of an abrupt ending :s:), read volume 31 of Rave Master (the best so far in my opinion), volume 1 of Dr. Slump (the short chapters are perfect for the 10 minute train ride!), and most of the first volume of The Flowers of Evil (which is AWESOME. Don't judge this book by its cover!). (Yes, I have nearly called it 'The Faces of Evil' on several occasions online and offline... hence my current avatar).

ReputationRep:
    so hard not to get manly tears from those epic moments in space bros :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Steins:dub. What is this I don't even.

ReputationRep:
    Paprika was odd (recorded it on Film4). Pretty, but odd.

Origin spirits of the past (or Spirits of the past Origin) started off ok, but after 40 minutes became a so-so 7/10 film. Not bad, but not amazing either.

ReputationRep:
    I got MAR on dvd, it's really good!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Autumn Preview Thread is up!

*goes back to edit/proof-read for the umpteenth time*
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble:

It's a little depressing to see the 11th episodes of some series being released when I'm still stuck in week 8 of the season. :s: Hopefully my internet will be restored to full working order tomorrow though, so that I can spend my day off on Tuesday marathoning at least part of my 37 ep backlog.

I bought Shirahime-Syo today, as the price seemed to have dropped a lot since I last looked! The seller describes it as the hardback version (yeah, I didn't know Tokyopop did hardbacks either until I looked up this manga :p:), in very good condition.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, what did people think of [C]?

I'm more than willing to overlook the nonsensical plot purely on the basis of the announcer and the sound effects ><

http://youtu.be/VcmPZ_FX7Ls?t=1m27s <3<3<3
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by meowmeowmutiny)
    Just wondering, what did people think of [C]?

I'm more than willing to overlook the nonsensical plot purely on the basis of the announcer and the sound effects ><

http://youtu.be/VcmPZ_FX7Ls?t=1m27s <3<3<3
    I think you've already summed up my thoughts on the series - the nonsensical plot stops it from being a must-see, but it had a lot of style. Great animation, character designs and music. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Up to ep 538 of one piece.. its started to get upsetting again.:cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowmeowmutiny)
    -
    how do you manage to put SNSD next to NWA??(Your sig)

ReputationRep:
    My anime viewing habits have changed.

(And not just because I'm actually watching some now :nyoron: )

In the past I'd try to watch as many new things as I could to keep up with here and uni animesoc. However I'm far less active there and here, so that motivation has gone- and I kind of like it. The last time I was highly active I was mainly forcing my way through stuff so I could talk about new things.

Now I'm mainly sticking to DVDs, the occasional CR and working off my backlog. Honestly nowadays I prefer games and western stuff/older anime to the new stuff, and the extra time has even seen me rewatch anime.

I bought Ika musume S1 last week, and I've already watched the first disk, which is probably a first for me, having seen it on CR as it aired :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    so ive spent the last few days rewatching FMA Brohood up to ep 46 which was where i stalled on a couple of years ago, oh man its starting to get :sogood:

**** me ep 54 :eek:

Spoiler:
    Show
    that part with mustang and envy completely blew me away :eek2: one of the most powerful scenes ive seen in anime, i actually felt a little bad for envy even though i hated her by far the most

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desijut)
    how do you manage to put SNSD next to NWA??(Your sig)
    I have diverse taste

ReputationRep:
    ep 62 of FMA Brohood :eek3: 2 eps to go :nooo:

ahh finished, that was just frigging awesome

ReputationRep:
    K-CON ep 11

Spoiler:
    Show

HNGGGHHH.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I finally finished the Rave Master manga... it had the most generic of copout happy endings ever, and the final battle was rushed because (according to the afterword) the manga-ka miscalculated the number of chapters he had left to tie things up... but somehow, my overall feelings about the series remain positive. It had some very good moments, and a lot of laugh out loud comedy moments too.

I found out earlier that the average 9th volume of Dr. Slump sells for £30+... I could have sworn I checked beforehand that all the volumes were cheap and easily available! I'm hoping Viz are reprinting the series, as my copy of vol.1 is a March 2012 2nd edition, but I've not found any release dates, or even a mention that the first volume was getting a reprint. So I'll pretty much have to wait for that, or for a cheap, battered ex-library 1st edition to crop up, or until I have a ton of money going spare. I could be in for a long wait whichever way. :p:

Still on the subject of manga (because my anime viewing is virtually zero at the moment), I purchased vol. 3 of Gate 7 tonight. Am also planning a *small* spending spree when I get my first payslip next week - probably won't spend £30 though, and even if I do I'll be prioritizing bulk over expensive volumes like the one mentioned above. I need to, as I'm ploughing through one volume every working day on average!

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here watching sword art online?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ya.

Capsule song in sig and Love or Lies going into addiction overdrive o.o

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.