Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Good to see you back.

It is indeed. I've not read any of the posts in any detail since I didn't watch the series itself, but it must have really stuck in people's minds to make so many 'end of year' lists, especially since it aired back in the winter!

Most of them are very critical indeed, hence why I tend not to write reviews... unless they're for obscure shows that nobody else has seen, that way they can't argue with me. :p:

I agree with the majority on Sword Art Online; I rated it a bit higher than most in my weekly rankings last season, back when the pacing, harem building and lack of character development were the only problems. :giggle: But the second half has just been one big joke.
    Thanks

It was an awkward scene, I remember switching between feeling uncomfortable and laughing out loud. Definitely one of the most memorable scenes of 2012. :lol:

It's also one of the reasons I don't blog (that and time) I'm afraid I'd be too lenient

I don't even watch SAO but reading the reviews and watching them rage over is enough entertaiment for me :giggle:

(Original post by Tabris)
    Well they're not entirely wrong, in my opinion. SAO is enjoyable in the same way Guilty Crown was, like a train wreck with some nice visuals. The LNs, from what I've skimmed, are better, but not by a lot.

Also, for the sake of it.

Yup, still gave me the same reaction as before :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    That toothbrush scene... yeah I can remember why it still stands out.:erm:

In the I imagine "blogosphere" negativity tends to flow better like on the rest of the interwebs.:pierre:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've now finished three Autumn series; Chuunibyou I finished yesterday, and really liked the ending. Hidamari Sketch's fourth season finale was... just like any other episode really, which I have no complaints about. Finally, BTOOOM! had better get a continuation, they can't leave it like that. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    I've now finished three Autumn series; Chuunibyou I finished yesterday, and really liked the ending. Hidamari Sketch's fourth season finale was... just like any other episode really, which I have no complaints about. Finally, BTOOOM! had better get a continuation, they can't leave it like that. :zomg:
    I finished chunnibyou as well and it was really good imo sad to see it end though lol. What did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I finished chunnibyou as well and it was really good imo sad to see it end though lol. What did you think of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it was good enough to place 7th in my Top 12 series of the year, so that says a lot. :yes: I loved the grand, exaggerated and delusional battle scenes, and thought the shift from comedy to focus more on romance and drama in the second half was handled well.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was a tad rushed, to be honest. I still enjoyed it a lot though. A return to life scene, with everyone else, at the end would have been nice.

I can't wait to see

Spoiler:
    Show
    How ridiculously bad today's knife fight in SAO is. I just want to see the return of Silica and Liz.

ReputationRep:
    Well it was good enough to place 7th in my Top 12 series of the year, so that says a lot. :yes: I loved the grand, exaggerated and delusional battle scenes, and thought the shift from comedy to focus more on romance and drama in the second half was handled well.
    Yh i agree with you lol it was all handled well imo aswell. Have you watched sakurasou?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tabris)
    I thought it was a tad rushed, to be honest. I still enjoyed it a lot though. A return to life scene, with everyone else, at the end would have been nice.

I can't wait to see...
    Could you mention the name of the series you're talking about BEFORE the spoiler tags, please? Not that it's that much of a spoiler or anything, but I assumed you were still talking about Chuunibyou when I opened it.

Have you watched sakurasou?
    I saw the first episode, but didn't continue with it. It looked fun enough, but a little too similar in setting and humour to Chuunibyou, and I like to vary my viewing. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Could you mention the name of the series you're talking about BEFORE the spoiler tags, please? Not that it's that much of a spoiler or anything, but I assumed you were still talking about Chuunibyou when I opened it.

I saw the first episode, but didn't continue with it. It looked fun enough, but a little too similar in setting and humour to Chuunibyou, and I like to vary my viewing. :yes:
    If i would recommend an anime for you to watch imo it would be sakurasou its worth a watch trust me lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    If i would recommend an anime for you to watch imo it would be sakurasou its worth a watch trust me lol
    I've heard a few people speak highly of it actually, so I'll add it to my ever increasing list of shows to go back to. :p: Thanks for the recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard a few people speak highly of it actually, so I'll add it to my ever increasing list of shows to go back to. :p: Thanks for the recommendation.
    Lol no probs and you ever watched magiki?.. damn forgot the name lol

ReputationRep:
    I finally started to watch Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic and Sword Art Online.

I feel Sword Art is a tad rushed and if prolonged could have been a really tragic love story about the epic heroes journey of some geek saving his girl from a virtual reality game. Which is what it technically was in the second season but it all went too fast so was never really emphasized.

Magi is exactly the sort of anime i used to watch as a kid. Quite innocent, fun and doesn't take itself too seriously, plus i already love Arabian Nights tales.

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Apologies for the vague post but I used to be really into anime, can't remember everyone i've seen but love elfen lied, death note, fruits baskets and Higurashi (watched most of that). I wanna get back into some good anime but have no idea what to watch. Do any of you have any good recommendations ?

Particularly something horror themed, but doesn't matter if not Just anything good and popular I guess!

Thanks !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alejandro)
    Hey

Apologies for the vague post but I used to be really into anime, can't remember everyone i've seen but love elfen lied, death note, fruits baskets and Higurashi (watched most of that). I wanna get back into some good anime but have no idea what to watch. Do any of you have any good recommendations ?

Particularly something horror themed, but doesn't matter if not Just anything good and popular I guess!

Thanks !
    You ever watched fate stay night and fate zero?? not horror but action and definetely worth a watch
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Lol no probs and you ever watched magiki?.. damn forgot the name lol
    Majikoi? If that's the show you mean then yeah, I watched that back when it aired. Was that really last year now!? Could have sworn it was a Winter season show. It was enjoyable in a 'guilty pleasure' kind of way.

(Original post by Alejandro)
    Hey

Thanks !
    Haha, I think you're about the fourth person to ask for horror series recommendations this month! :p:

I'd recommend Mirai Nikki, Baccano! or Shiki.

ReputationRep:
    Majikoi? If that's the show you mean then yeah, I watched that back when it aired. Was that really last year now!? Could have sworn it was a Winter season show. It was enjoyable in a 'guilty pleasure' kind of way.

Haha, I think you're about the fourth person to ask for horror series recommendations this month! :p:

I'd recommend Mirai Nikki, Baccano! or Shiki.
    I was onabout the one with a young alladin im not sure what its calle
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I was onabout the one with a young alladin im not sure what its calle
    Ah, that one's just Magi. :p: I'm watching that at the moment, but I'm a couple of eps behind.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, that one's just Magi. :p: I'm watching that at the moment, but I'm a couple of eps behind.
    and is it good?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    and is it good?
    It's alright. I'd say the main thing about it that sticks in my mind is how jarring the violence is with the cute, childlike character designs, certainly not what I was expecting when I started it.

ReputationRep:
    It's alright. I'd say the main thing about it that sticks in my mind is how jarring the violence is with the cute, childlike character designs, certainly not what I was expecting when I started it.
    Lol i thought it would be good after seeing all the manga reviews for it but i watched the first couple of episodes and it didnt really interest me although i should stick to the rule of thum first 5

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.