The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Majikoi? If that's the show you mean then yeah, I watched that back when it aired. Was that really last year now!? Could have sworn it was a Winter season show. It was enjoyable in a 'guilty pleasure' kind of way.

Haha, I think you're about the fourth person to ask for horror series recommendations this month! :p:

I'd recommend Mirai Nikki, Baccano! or Shiki. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Hellsing Ultimate 10 the finale is out! LF>Subs fast!
I know you're not allowed to share download links but I should be able to ask this... Do you guys download or just watch online streams? I heard the quality is far better if you download but is it even worth it?
Original post by Bude8
I know you're not allowed to share download links but I should be able to ask this... Do you guys download or just watch online streams? I heard the quality is far better if you download but is it even worth it?

I download, and definitely consider it worth the time. :yes: The video quality tends to be much higher.
I download, and definitely consider it worth the time. :yes: The video quality tends to be much higher.

I don't really watch that many anymore (maybe like 2-3 series), maybe I should watch more..
But some animes, since technology is improving, the stream qualities are as well :smile:
Reply 4124
Original post by Bude8

I tend to download. It does look substantially nicer (well, usually -- I don't know if it makes much difference for some older things which have never been released in higher resolution formats).

How much it's worth it depends on the title, though, I think. Streaming Redline is an atrocity. Streaming Teekyuu or Inferno Cop? Go right ahead.
Original post by Bude8
I don't really watch that many anymore (maybe like 2-3 series), maybe I should watch more..
But some animes, since technology is improving, the stream qualities are as well :smile:

But the higher the resolution and video quality, the longer it takes to buffer when streaming... I have slow internet in the evenings and on weekends, which makes streaming at these times difficult, whereas if I download files when the internet is fast, I can watch them anytime. :yes:
But the higher the resolution and video quality, the longer it takes to buffer when streaming... I have slow internet in the evenings and on weekends, which makes streaming at these times difficult, whereas if I download files when the internet is fast, I can watch them anytime. :yes:

I probably need to find a new series, as I can't watch in boarding school (anime sites blocked), but I just don't find anime as entertaining anymore for some reason, which is a serious shame... Thankfully my internet isn't too slow.

How slow's your internet? http://speedtest.net/
Original post by Bude8
I probably need to find a new series, as I can't watch in boarding school (anime sites blocked), but I just don't find anime as entertaining anymore for some reason, which is a serious shame... Thankfully my internet isn't too slow.

How slow's your internet? http://speedtest.net/

~5.5 Mbps, a HUGE improvement since I switched providers to BT a couple of months ago. :yes: But it can still be slow during peak times, when I have two brothers and two sisters also using it.

I also forgot to mention the most obvious reason why I prefer downloading to streaming - I'm a hoarder. I just like having 500+ anime titles on my hard drives (or bought on DVD when available :p:).
~5.5 Mbps, a HUGE improvement since I switched providers to BT a couple of months ago. :yes: But it can still be slow during peak times, when I have two brothers and two sisters also using it.

I also forgot to mention the most obvious reason why I prefer downloading to streaming - I'm a hoarder. I just like having 500+ anime titles on my hard drives (or bought on DVD when available :p:).

that is considered slow? :O
Mine's slower and I think it's pretty fast LOL
I have a whole house using it :/
I guess I will download some so I can watch some in my free time...
Any good ones you can recommend right now? Preferably a bit of comedy/action
Original post by Bude8
that is considered slow? :O
Mine's slower and I think it's pretty fast LOL
I have a whole house using it :/
I guess I will download some so I can watch some in my free time...
Any good ones you can recommend right now? Preferably a bit of comedy/action

Out of the shows currently airing, I'd recommend Ixion Saga: DT, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Magi; other good action comedy series include Binbougami ga!, Excel Saga or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. :smile:
Out of the shows currently airing, I'd recommend Ixion Saga: DT, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure or Magi; other good action comedy series include Binbougami ga!, Excel Saga or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. :smile:

I'll probably look for some finished series since I don't want to watch some episodes at school and be like "OMG SHOW MOAR NAOW@@". Thanks though!
I prefer watching subbed though, dubbed sounds really bad and sometimes I can't hear things..
I'm put off anime with Japanese titles for some reason :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
I'm put off anime with Japanese titles for some reason :frown:

That's a bit of a problem, since they're made in Japan and all. :lolwut: I assume every series out there has an English title though, even if it's less used, unofficial and translated literally from the Japanese. :dontknow:
Reply 4132
The BD for Kokoro connect are subbed and released by Rori.

New full 4 episode arc contained within.
Reply 4133
Nekomonogatari was great as expected.

Also dat powerpuff girls reference.
Anyone seen the Hellsing Ultimate finale yet?
Thoughts?
So glad that there's chihayafuru season 2! AND Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai :awesome: Other anime titles look pretty impressive. I was rather disappointed at the really sudden endings of the series last year like Sukitte ii na yo or Btoom :frown: Hopefully there will be sequels.
Reply 4136
Figured I'd post another sporadic update regarding my anime viewing... So, with the majority from the past season coming to an end, freeing up what I can watch in the process, I decided to resume some of the anime I put on hold, specifically Eureka Seven AO. Ultimately, it was rather average, all things considered, and mainly because of its length. If it had the same amount of time as the first season, it might have been better. The pacing felt off, and the ending felt especially rushed and a tad incoherent as a result. Nonetheless, it was still enjoyable to watch, more so when I was watching episodes back to back, and given it's produced by Bones, it was visually very nice to watch. Accordingly, I've given it 4/5 on A-P, but this is definitely a low 4.
Reply 4137
Ok, just finished watching the first episode of Maoyuu Maou Yuusha. This is the first anime from the new season that has caught my eye and it's pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised by how much of an emphasis was placed on the politics and economics, and I'm sure they'll remain a prominent theme throughout the anime, which is definitely a good thing. The characters themselves were likeable, particularly the demon king queen who was very cute. The scene at the end made me laugh. Our main protagonist, despite how generic he is, is voiced by Fukuyama, which is an added bonus. I mean, there's obviously a lot of cliches presented here, and I can sort of predict how this one will transpire, but it was entertaining enough to keep on. It's not like I'm planning to watch that many, anyway.
Reply 4138
Well, after watching the first episode of Oreshura, it's difficult to ascertain how good this'll be in the long run. I was mildly intrigued prior to watching, despite the generic premise, because of its director, Kamei, who was responsible for Usagi Drop. While it's apparent that he's involved due to the slice-of-life feel, the antics that ensued in the latter half with our female protagonist, Chiwa, altered the tone completely and provided a very good indicator as to what we can expect from the rest of the series, for better or worse. But yeah, I'll keep this one on for a few more episodes before determining anything. Oh, and lastly, the chuunibyou blackmailing was aptly timed in account of another anime that aired recently. :tongue:
Has anyone here watched Higurashi When they cry?
I watched a lot of it a long time ago now, think I watched at least half of the first series can't remember exactly though.
Was just wondering if anyone could kinda explain it to me, because I'd like to get into it again but it always seemed to confuse me... Maybe I was just being stupid though.
I read something

Spoiler

Maybe I watched more episodes than I thought, because I vividly remember following a storyline with

Spoiler

Sorry for the rambling post but I'm just trying to sort together all the vague memories I have about this anime!
But as I said I would like to get into it again as I'm always hearing good things about it! Just wanted a little clarification on it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)