Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    I found Bakemonogatari kinda confusing as well.
    I didn't really know what was happening most of the time.
    I kinda felt like they tried to make the girl too overly mean and mysterious, which made me not like her that much.

On the up side, Steins;Gate is AMAZING! 'Tuturu'. <3
    I think they tried to do something different and it was quite good but not the best. I think the girl was like really mental with a physical barrier between everyone but she opened it when Agararaari (I stuttered- you will get it because you watched the anime :P) started to "play love" her but soon it became real and she tried her best to be nice and give him everything while he was nice and understanding of it. That actually made me like her and made me sad when she never appeared much in the end.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    It's taken about a month, but I've finally gotten back into my old, unemployed anime habits. :p: On top of my 18 weekly series, I started Eat-Man '98 (much better than the 1997 series) and Haiyore! Nyaruko-san (because there's a sequel coming next season) a day or two ago, and will likely finish them in another day or two. Am also watching Nana, which I briefly stalled last month because it was a bit too slow-paced for marathoning, but then it suddenly got really good. :yes: Finally, I've also managed to fit in one of the Gall Force OVAs every day, and have a pile of other OVAs (mostly from the 80's) to watch once I run out.

*hopes to hit 8 months of Anime by his birthday in July... or find a job, whatever happens first*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    Sorry to burst your and my bubble but the anime is finishing on the 30th of march , manga carry's on but it is not going to be released anymore , I don't really mind because I read the manga though I am just were the anime is right now but I was so damn ad maybe though they said that they will try and get it back up later, according to hasimara ( the maker)
    How can it end halfway through the best arc currently in the series! If it ends on March 30th, it'll be just before the 5th day of GMG arc and that has some amazing fights :cry:

It might return later hopefully...but I thought the same with D.Gray-man, Bleach and Hitman Reborn and it doesn't look like they will ever return.

At least the manga is still continuing. I still have some hope though as Mashima said that he has some good news which he was going to announce soon. :s:

ReputationRep:
    May pick up K-On! and see how that pans out, I have enough time on my hands after all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mystogan.)
    How can it end halfway through the best arc currently in the series! If it ends on March 30th, it'll be just before the 5th day of GMG arc and that has some amazing fights :cry:

It might return later hopefully...but I thought the same with D.Gray-man, Bleach and Hitman Reborn and it doesn't look like they will ever return.

At least the manga is still continuing. I still have some hope though as Mashima said that he has some good news which he was going to announce soon. :s:
    D.gray man was epic but they had no money FT is the 5th biggest manga I think so it properly going to come back. I just wanted to see laxus fight a strong enemy and mysagon/jerrar/jellal lol to use that star thing.

ReputationRep:
    Is Neon Genesis Evangelion worth watching to the end? I'm on episode 10 and I have to say I'm finding it quite boring at this point. I was planning to watch this before Cowboy Bebop but I might just skip to that if Evangelion is not worth it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Blair Waldorf)
    Is Neon Genesis Evangelion worth watching to the end? I'm on episode 10 and I have to say I'm finding it quite boring at this point. I was planning to watch this before Cowboy Bebop but I might just skip to that if Evangelion is not worth it.
    I'd say it's worth it, but then again, I liked the first ten episodes, so hard to say. :dontknow: And as much as I'd like to say it gets better later on, the ending is more than a bit obscure. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'd say it's worth it, but then again, I liked the first ten episodes, so hard to say. :dontknow: And as much as I'd like to say it gets better later on, the ending is more than a bit obscure. :p:

I'm going to brave it until the end and hope for the best. The show is enjoyable as a whole but some characters like Asuka really get on my nerves.

ReputationRep:
    Overrated, Shinji is probably one of the characters I hate the most. Cowboy Bebop is more worth it

ReputationRep:
    It is worth it for the movie experience that is "End of Evangelion" :yes:

Hey guys, I'm new.

ReputationRep:
    Caught up with HxH. Greed Island hasnt been nearly as anoying this time for me.:tongue: I hated it it before partly for the drastic change in animation and the fact they seem to change the series from a shonen fight/adventure one to .. yu gi oh.:unimpressed: But this time it just feels like good hxh.:yes: The faster pace probably helps there.:beard:

Although they did kind of shoot through the best bit of the old series.:sad:

p.s. hisoka:mmm:
    I'm going to brave it until the end and hope for the best. The show is enjoyable as a whole but some characters like Asuka really get on my nerves.
    Hmmm Id say its worth watching, although im not exactly a fan of it. It did things differently to other series of its time or before and so on. Asuka is a ***** yes :tongue: but she was a break from the constant "oh woe is me:bawling:" that was shinji.:giggle: The last episodes are awful, but the end of film is better.

That said the new rebuild films are alot better. Partly from having shiney new animation, but also since its alot shorter there's much less shinji whining time, so its less likely to get on your nerves.:tongue: They still capture the feeling of the series.

ReputationRep:
    Eva builds everything up, piles more and more questions until you're leaning so close to the screen that your nose is pressed up against it.

It then proceeds to sucker punch you (in a bad way) in the last 2 episodes that leaves so much unanswered and results in a massive cockup that no 'explanatory' movies can remedy.

Oh and if your wondering about the 'symbolism' this image pretty much sums up what 'meaning' it all has, in the creators own words.

Forget about the TV series and go straight to the movies You are (not) Alone and You can(not) advance.

ReputationRep:
    1.0 is a good alternative to watching the first six episodes.
    However, 2.0 was like a poor mecha anime with lots of explosions and boobs, but with a Shinji that wasn't as whiny.

You're better off watching the series, but skipping the last two episodes and watching End of Evangelion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    Eva builds everything up, piles more and more questions until you're leaning so close to the screen that your nose is pressed up against it.

It then proceeds to sucker punch you (in a bad way) in the last 2 episodes that leaves so much unanswered and results in a massive cockup that no 'explanatory' movies can remedy.

Oh and if your wondering about the 'symbolism' this image pretty much sums up what 'meaning' it all has, in the creators own words.

Forget about the TV series and go straight to the movies You are (not) Alone and You can(not) advance.
    My feelings of Eva in a nutshell. Pretty much spot on.

Even 'The End of Evangelion' derailed in the end. The sad thing is it will be remembered more than other great series because of the philosophical nonsense at the end and the random christian symbolism that make people like this jizz in their pants:

If only they knew :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    My advice is that if it's boring you, you might as well stop watching it and give Cowboy Bebop a shot instead.

ReputationRep:
    I think they tried to do something different and it was quite good but not the best. I think the girl was like really mental with a physical barrier between everyone but she opened it when Agararaari (I stuttered- you will get it because you watched the anime :P) started to "play love" her but soon it became real and she tried her best to be nice and give him everything while he was nice and understanding of it. That actually made me like her and made me sad when she never appeared much in the end.
    Yeah I dunno.
    I didn't HATE her character but I just felt like something was missing and she was too awkward.
    Sometimes awkwardness can be cute but I got kind of bored of it really. :c </3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    Yeah I dunno.
    I didn't HATE her character but I just felt like something was missing and she was too awkward.
    Sometimes awkwardness can be cute but I got kind of bored of it really. :c </3
    Just found season 2, on episode 2 now, and on episode 10 on stiens gate, I was up literally for 2 nights in a row playing fate/stay night VN, if you have not already checked it out, I suggest you DO! .

ReputationRep:
    Just saying, I remembered this scene: made me really sad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBwoisoA84

Contains spoilers.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just saying, I remembered this scene: made me really sad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOBwoisoA84
    Erm, any chance you could edit your post to say you're linking to a major Mirai Nikki spoiler? :wtf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Erm, any chance you could edit your post to say you're linking to a major Mirai Nikki spoiler? :wtf:
    Woops sorry, I keep forgetting as I think people here have seen all the anime.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.