Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    They're wearing some really strange things in Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth manga :indiff:

I don't even want to ask what it is :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Double Lariat!! :coma:

great ep of Shippuuden :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I marathoned the last few episodes of the Impel Down arc of One Piece earlier, meaning I'm now out of episodes until I return home for Easter. Should give me time to watch the final batch of this spring's first episodes that are airing over the next few days, as well as blog Kaiji and continue with Creamy Mami.

Since I've only got 37 episodes of One Piece to go even when I do get the episodes (I'm only watching up to the end of Marineford, at which point I'll wait for the next arc to finish), I'll probably replace it with D.Gray-Man or Rurouni Kenshin. I'm assuming they're series I'll be able to marathon at a similar pace. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    at the end of ep 7 of Wandering Son

Spoiler:
    Show
    the scene between Takasuki and Chiba :cute: good to see them starting to make up :yep:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How did Live-Evil manage to 'translate' the English word 'banshee' (which wasn't pronounced that badly to be fair) as 'Andrea'? :wtf: I'd had my doubts about their subs for Creamy Mami in a few episodes, but that's the first blatant mistake I've come across. Guessing they didn't put their best translators on the show, though I guess I should be happy it has subs in the first place unlike a lot of early 80's series. :s:

[EDIT] Catherine =/= Cassidy.

[EDIT2] Okay, 'onion chips' now? He said potato chip. :wtf: These subs are actually getting worse. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    really impressed with how they animated the malnourished takamura in Ippo new challenger:rofl: his behaviour in these recent eps :rofl: The stuff at the beach:hmmm: (:rofl:) and the stuff after with him examining his own excrement very closely.:lolwut:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Hatdance isn't working. I'm having yaoi withdrawal symptoms.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It's been such a hectic week with work and my parents currently staying here, that I haven't had the opportunity, barring one episode of Shippuden, to watch any anime. I probably won't have the chance today either since I'm going out, but will definitely delegate some time tomorrow to catch up with my weeklies and to possibly finish off Daughter of Twenty Faces.

On this topic, I have to admit that the amount of time I have to watch anime has dramatically decreased. It's unfortunate because, given the chance, I'd gladly indulge in one of my favourite pastimes. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on Samurai Champloo? I wanna watch but uncertain.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by HKDSP)
    Thoughts on Samurai Champloo? I wanna watch but uncertain.
    I would recommend this series. Watanabe is behind this one (director of Cowboy Bebop). Incidentally, I wrote a review last year, which you can read here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...postcount=1046
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tokyopop to Close North American Publishing Division)

ANN has confirmed with Tokyopop Senior Vice President Mike Kiley that the company will shutter its Los Angeles-based North American publishing operations on May 31. The company's film and European operations will be unaffected by this closure, and its office in Hamburg, Germany will continue to handle global rights sales for the company.

A public relations representative working for Tokyopop CEO Stu Levy informed ANN that "Tokyopop will announce the future of specific titles and other releases in the coming weeks."
    They'd better not be planning to drop a load of stuff, but hold on to the licenses to prevent others from rescuing them as usual. :afraid: Regardless, if anyone's thinking of starting an ongoing series licensed by Tokyopop, you might want to wait a while...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    They'd better not be planning to drop a load of stuff, but hold on to the licenses to prevent others from rescuing them as usual. :afraid: Regardless, if anyone's thinking of starting an ongoing series licensed by Tokyopop, you might want to wait a while...
    I was thinking to myself I should tell you as I knew you collected maria holic, but then I saw you mentioned it on fb

I'm lucky I guess- my ongoing TP stuff:
    Ikkitousen- up to date, seems to be released slowly anyway. Might be picked up.
    Fruits basket- I've been on the fence about continuing it anyway. Have the first 8 volumes.
    The first volume of Maria Holic. Didn't think much of it compared to the anime, so it isn't a major loss to me.

Just glad I decided to complete my collection of Karin/Chibi vampire recently, just in case stocks start to run out.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Truered)
    I was thinking to myself I should tell you as I knew you collected maria holic, but then I saw you mentioned it on fb

I'm lucky I guess- my ongoing TP stuff:
    Ikkitousen- up to date, seems to be released slowly anyway. Might be picked up.
    Fruits basket- I've been on the fence about continuing it anyway. Have the first 8 volumes.
    The first volume of Maria Holic. Didn't think much of it compared to the anime, so it isn't a major loss to me.

Just glad I decided to complete my collection of Karin/Chibi vampire recently, just in case stocks start to run out.
    I could live without Ikkitousen (you'd think my OCD would have other ideas, but it wouldn't be the first series I've been forced to stall). Elemental Gelade is the one I'm most worried about; it has more of an ongoing plot than the likes of Maria+Holic and Sgt. Frog, I'm 2/3 of the way into the series, and its finished in Japan so the ending is right there waiting to be translated. :s:

Oh, and who else would even consider licensing Seikon no Qwaser? :bawling: :p:

I'm currently up on campus, came here to download stuff. I know I said I'd stop, but I fail. Turns out I left my portable hard drive at home, so I fail twice. :facepalm:

[EDIT] I do have my mini 3 GB memory stick though, so managed to get the latest X-Men and the short OVA series Magic Users Club! Also found some coursework notes on there from last month that I thought I'd lost; luckily the work isn't due in until after easter, so they'll still prove useful.

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: The world middleweight champion Brian hawk is amazingly creepy:s: what could anyone with working eyesight see in hm :yucky:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by vin)
    really impressed with how they animated the malnourished takamura in Ippo new challenger:rofl: his behaviour in these recent eps :rofl: The stuff at the beach:hmmm: (:rofl:) and the stuff after with him examining his own excrement very closely.:lolwut:
    I loved Ippp! So funny

I promised myself I would get around to the manga but... 930-something chapters! :lolwut: Seems too long to start :sigh:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    The yaoi works :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    :lolwut: The world middleweight champion Brian hawk is amazingly creepy:s: what could anyone with working eyesight see in hm :yucky:
    Talent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    They're wearing some really strange things in Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth manga :indiff:

I don't even want to ask what it is :afraid:
    Ooh. I like your avatar; did you watch Kimi ni Todoke? I <3 that anime. ^.^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths_Lover)
    Ooh. I like your avatar; did you watch Kimi ni Todoke? I <3 that anime. ^.^
    I've only watched a few episodes of it but regardless. I really liked it

Sadako is kawaii

ReputationRep:
    I never gave Neon Genesis Evangelion a chance. I gave up at episode 3 because of the crappy site I was using. I'm going to watch it from scratch

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.