Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ianh16)
    Is anyone watching Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko? I'm thinking about picking it up and adding it to my weekly watch, just wondered if anyone can give me opinions?
    The first couple of episodes were hilarious; wasn't overly impressed by the last two though, as the focus has shifted from comedy to drama/romance too early. Basically, when it isn't making me laugh, it's painfully generic. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carecup)
    As an anime only viewer of Attack on Titan you can consider me stunned by the latest episode.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So I'm guessing Misaka is the main character then and I got caught by the old bait and switch by them setting up Eren as the main character then killing him off so brutally. Unless there is some serious deus ex machina coming I really see no way that he could have survived. Did do an amazing job of setting up how futile the resistance against the Titans is though.

I think its time for a "my face when" gif.

oohhh...spoiler convo...

Spoiler:
    Show
    As much as I like Misaka and find Eren a wee bit annoying, I'd still rather have Eren as the MC. Misaka is too flawless...>_>

The only way I can think of Eren escaping is by cutting the neck from the inside. which seems unlikely.

Also, valvrave is so ridiculous, it's hilarious. L-elf predicts with such calculation it's like he can see the future, and then gets taken off guard by a little girl... :cookie:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)

Spoiler:
    Show
    The only way I can think of Eren escaping is by cutting the neck from the inside. which seems unlikely.

Spoiler:
    Show
    He's lost an arm and leg already. Surely there's no way that he could do anything

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    He's lost an arm and leg already. Surely there's no way that he could do anything
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I do agree that the chances are slim...you're probably right. For Misaka's sake, I can't help but hope otherwise

Thinking back, I didn't quite get how such a giant titan managed to quite literally disappear near the beginning...

:iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Caught up with SnK. Haven't really watched it since week 1. The style of the anime itself suits some characters, but not others when compared to their manga counterparts. The animation itself is pretty bad; a lot of panning still frames, non-moving characters and the like. I think IG are being a bit too obvious in trying to make the show was predictable as possible as well.

Still been enjoyable to watch so far. Yuu Kobayashi is a perfect voice for Potato.

ReputationRep:
    well i did not see that coming in the latest Hentai Ouji ep :lolwut: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    well i did not see that coming in the latest Hentai Ouji ep :lolwut: :laugh:
    My sides were splitting. Going to have to read the manga.

Just caught up on that and Oreimo too. It's been a good 6 hours of anime.

ReputationRep:
    I've caught up on everything today ands spent a good 3 hours watching anime, so glad I get 2 days off college a week.

ReputationRep:
    No new episodes of the anime I'm currently watching have come out for the past few days...but I still managed to spend a good five hours watching the old stuff today :evil:

...I should be watching lectures or something...

Normally, on which day are most animes aired? Is there a typical day of the week, or is it different for each one?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    No new episodes of the anime I'm currently watching have come out for the past few days...but I still managed to spend a good five hours watching the old stuff today :evil:

...I should be watching lectures or something...

Normally, on which day are most animes aired? Is there a typical day of the week, or is it different for each one?
    Different shows air every day of the week. :yes: I use mahou Showtime! as a guide, it lists the (Japanese) airtimes and days for all ongoing series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Different shows air every day of the week. :yes: I use mahou Showtime! as a guide, it lists the (Japanese) airtimes and days for all ongoing series.
    That'll be useful. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Burnt out on Anime (and TSR) recently
    However with exams coming i'm back and getting back into my regulars.
    Found myself reading some random manga while in a bookshop that got me interested, any manga suggestions?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Found myself reading some random manga while in a bookshop that got me interested, any manga suggestions?
    Depends what genre(s) you're interested in, really. In terms of general recommendations though, I'd highly rate A Bride's Story, Gunslinger Girl and xxxHolic. :yes:

*hasn't read a huge amount of manga himself*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Bloody monday is one I have been reading and enjoying.

ReputationRep:
    watched Video Girl Ai from the start which i stalled for a few years :redface: although the ending was a little weird and it left a few things unresolved, it was a great watch on the whole i duno if its cos its an older show but i felt it had some kind of charm to it which i dont feel with modern romance shows which made me really enjoy it gona be checking out more of these older kinda shows :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    As an anime only viewer of Attack on Titan you can consider me stunned by the latest episode.

Spoiler:
    Show
    So I'm guessing Misaka is the main character then and I got caught by the old bait and switch by them setting up Eren as the main character then killing him off so brutally. Unless there is some serious deus ex machina coming I really see no way that he could have survived. Did do an amazing job of setting up how futile the resistance against the Titans is though.

I think its time for a "my face when" gif.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Nah, I doubt they would want to kill the MC that early even if they wanted to. It's just speculation but that drug or whatever it is that Eren's father injected in him in the second episode will probably be a Chekhov's gun and something will happen to Eren.

It's just speculation but I really doubt that they would kill him off that quickly and even if it's not that then it'll probably some deus ex machina (although that would seriously change my view of the show and not for the better

ReputationRep:
    drama in the latest oreimo ep :eek: go kuroneko! :woo: the dad :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it hard to get over the lack of actual animation in SnK. For a big budget show, there is a distinct lack of quality in the animation department. I can only hope that they're saving a lot of the budget for the 2nd cour or the BDs. Panels from the manga have more animation than the anime at times.

Hentai Ouji and Oreimo were as enjoyable as ever. I just want the final Oreimo LN to be released already.

ReputationRep:
    Moved onto Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai and got quite far for a day- Its turning out to be enjoyable to be honest

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I'm looking for some new anime to watch.

I recently finished Steins;Gate which was quite good.
    Watching Angel Beats, Psycho Pass, Accel World, Code Geass and Senki Zessho Symphogear atm. I shared some with friends and they liked it as well! :woo:

I had some other ones, but my computer hard drive wiped and I couldn't watch them

If anyone could recommend some action/fantasy/comedy anime I'd really appreciate it

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.