Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Section9)
    Are you watching the original series, of Shippuden? (Give us an idea of where you are )

Or as Entrepreneur123, google naruto filler episodes, and I'm sure you'll find a decent guide to them pretty quickly
    I'm on Shippuden, lastest episode bar the last few goddamn fillers -.-

ReputationRep:
    I tend to watch the fillers, I hate knowing I misssed a scrap of infomation :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching anime on 1.5-2x speed. Is that just me? I can easily keep up with the subs, and it feels like a waste of time to watch a full episode tbh, just increasing my anime per hour xD

ReputationRep:
    OMFGGGGGGGGGGG you have got to be kdding me -.- I just wacthed the first epsiode of Shingeki thinking it was the lastest one and it all fits in cos it starts with Erin having a dream and I was like wtf it was all a dream really?? :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I'm watching anime on 1.5-2x speed. Is that just me? I can easily keep up with the subs, and it feels like a waste of time to watch a full episode tbh, just increasing my anime per hour xD
    do you have your anime downloaded? How do you watch it at increased speed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Amukee)
    do you have your anime downloaded? How do you watch it at increased speed?
    Yes. VLC player, press ] button

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Yes. VLC player, press ] button
    cheers, now I'll have to start downloading my anime xD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I did that for a couple of anime series during my 'must not drop anything, no matter how bad it is' phase. :p: Not sure I could have sat through Combustible Campus Guardress or Nuku Nuku TV without doing so!

Its not something I'd do for a series I like though, even if it means I can watch more anime in less time - for me, music and voices (even if I can't understand them without subs :p:) are as important as the plot, and you can't appreciate them at double speed and higher pitch. :no: I might sometimes skip the opening and ending themes to save time and get straight back to the story, but even then there are some themes too good to skip. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Might do a mini marathon event after my last exam and see how much random stuff I can get through in a day

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think makes a good anime? I've shared Sword Art Online with my friends - they all say it's really good but I think it's quite overrated :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    What do you guys think makes a good anime? I've shared Sword Art Online with my friends - they all say it's really good but I think it's quite overrated :/
    Depends though, reason why a lot of people like me loved it because it was related to us, as it had the gaming atmosphere, say if an anime related to a really popular topic came up the same would happen...

Anyway a good anime will have a good bit of romance in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Depends though, reason why a lot of people like me loved it because it was related to us, as it had the gaming atmosphere, say if an anime related to a really popular topic came up the same would happen...

Anyway a good anime will have a good bit of romance in xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a bit of romance is good, but any more than that just makes it too cheesy

ReputationRep:
    I'm really looking forward to my exams finishing. I have a list of animes to devour through

ReputationRep:
    Watch hataraku maou sama, its my fav this season

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    I think a bit of romance is good, but any more than that just makes it too cheesy
    Everyone loves a bit of cheese every now and then Romance is a good addition to most stories though.

(Original post by priya8D)
    I'm really looking forward to my exams finishing. I have a list of animes to devour through
    Whats on the list?

ReputationRep:
    qtest avi evr

ReputationRep:
    that tower scene in ep 17 of Mirai Niikki, epic :cry2: and right at the end there

oh man ep 18, finally crossed that line :teeth:

start of ep 19, slight time skip there :lolwut:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yuki has grown a pair :woo: :party:

aww no

ahh kind of predicted that from that scene at the start of this show

ep 20

Spoiler:
    Show
    oh my gah the sudden proposal :rofl2: :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    k my custom Chrome Theme is op

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Whats on the list?
    Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (I've watched some but I want to do a marathon )
    Clannad, Fate Zero, One Piece, the list goes on! I'm so behind

ReputationRep:
    I'm so glad my course doesn't have exams, although that means I can't slack at all throughout the year. I don't have to slow down at this time of year

I'm kind of getting sick of the Naruto fillers too, it's not like it's close to the manga anymore.

As for what makes a good anime? In my eyes it needs to have an excellent story line, the way the story is told and set out can differ depending on the genre and director etc. But it needs to be either gripping or moving, you neef to either be able to fantasize or relate. I need the visuals to be at least average but if we are talking best of the best then the visuals should be beautiful, SAO has been one of the recent ones with great visuals and many of the ghibli films also have them.

I hate anime that either leave things unfinished or rush through character or story development just to get to the end. There needs to be a balance and not many anime with the potential ever manage it.

It all depends on a persons preferance really, it's the same with games. I prefer them to have great storys and visual and at least good gameplay whereas a lot of people prefer great multi player gameplay.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.