x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else completely obsessed with Shingeki no Kyojin? :woo:

I cannot withstand the pain of having to wait for monthly manga updates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R4INBOW)

Yeh I started the manga before, but if you want some good mangas then try these:
    Soul Eater- Epic fighting and funny
    Deadman Wonderland( not complete, author broke his/her hand or something lol)
    Kuroko No Basket-EPIC Basketball

just post for me buddy
    Edit: Saw you are a girl, so sorry if buddy doesn't make sense lol.

ReputationRep:

I was at first, but ive read the manga inb4 sao

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    Naruto and Naruto Shippuden (I've watched some but I want to do a marathon )
    Clannad, Fate Zero, One Piece, the list goes on! I'm so behind
    Get that list moving i've stalled everything at the moment until the last exam on tuesday, i'm already at breaking point
    Marathons are fun, I prefer marathoning stuff rather than weekly watching tbh.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No, but I have been following it for just over 2 years now, so I'm way past the honey moon phase of fandom. And trust me when I say that the monthly updates for SnK are nowhere near as bad as the waits between chapters for other manga out there.

Personally, I'm still a bit picky about the anime itself. As an adaptation, they're doing pretty well with it. The lack of animation is still somewhat annoying, but it was nice to see some decent scenes in the most recent episode, especially the final one. Still way too many stills for my liking. The fantastic OST does help make up for it.

Now to catch-up with Henneko and Oreimo.

(Original post by Shoegazer92)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope there is some resolution in attack on titan but i'm feeling they will keep leaving us on cliffhangers (haven't read the mangas but i've heard its a different ending), also it just seems to go continually from a bad situation for the characters to worse.

also with oreimo it'll be interesting to see what kyosuke says...
    The anime has followed the manga to a tee so far. I'd figured it'd have an anime original before it aired, but based on Blu-Ray and DVD pre-orders and predicted sales in Japan, it's likely to get a second season, most likely another 2 cour season, at that.

As for Oreimo, you're in for a bit of fun over the next few episodes. Personally, I'm [not] looking forward to seeing how the light novels are resolved as the final book is out soon.

ReputationRep:
    Episode 7 of Attack on Titan...I just...I can't...WHAT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I've been giving my friends anime and they love it!
    Can anyone recommend some animes with fan service? They're into that sort of thing (and so am I, maybe :ninja:)
    I'm going to be getting a lot more anime next week though, I'll have a look at all the ones you guys have recommended

Was thinking of getting History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi since I liked the manga, not sure if it's good though :/

ReputationRep:
    I watched the latest oreimo last night and the latest titan this morning.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really didn't expect oreimo to go the way it did. I personally am a Kirino/Kyosuke fan but who knows how things will go.

As for titan I have a feeling that the new titan has something to do wit eren

ReputationRep:
    Kuroneko so :cute: in the latest Oreimo :pinch:

(Original post by ianh16)
    I watched the latest oreimo last night and the latest titan this morning.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I really didn't expect oreimo to go the way it did. I personally am a Kirino/Kyosuke fan but who knows how things will go.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah neither did i, really thought it was gona go to the Kirino route especially with last weeks ep but then had that twist near the end, also a Kirino/Kyou fan but wouldn't mind Kuroneko/Kyou, but yeah still early into the series, anything could happen..

really need to start watching Attack on Titan

(Original post by Bude8)
    Can anyone recommend some animes with fan service? They're into that sort of thing (and so am I, maybe :ninja:)
    I'm going to be getting a lot more anime next week though, I'll have a look at all the ones you guys have recommended

Was thinking of getting History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi since I liked the manga, not sure if it's good though :/
    fan service eh? :ninja:

Golden Boy - its old but probs the most perverted show i've ever seen, one of my faves, that guy is legendary :laugh:
    Ladies vs Butlers - just fun enjoyable ecchi :cool:
    Sekirei - fan servicey fighting :yes:
    Sora no Otoshimono - really funny, Tomo is just :adore: :rofl2:

with Kenichi, i recently rewatched it, great watch but havent read the manga yet so im not sure if it'll be as good a watch if you've already read it, i'd probs give the first couple of eps a go see if you like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)

HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, its action+Loads of fan service

One of
    My fav anime anyway, its like the anime version of zombie land but much better

Saeko <3Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967861.871492.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  52.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Kuroneko so :cute: in the latest Oreimo :pinch:

fan service eh? :ninja:

Golden Boy - its old but probs the most perverted show i've ever seen, one of my faves, that guy is legendary :laugh:
    Ladies vs Butlers - just fun enjoyable ecchi :cool:
    Sekirei - fan servicey fighting :yes:
    Sora no Otoshimono - really funny, Tomo is just :adore: :rofl2:

with Kenichi, i recently rewatched it, great watch but havent read the manga yet so im not sure if it'll be as good a watch if you've already read it, i'd probs give the first couple of eps a go see if you like it
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    HIGHSCHOOL OF THE DEAD, its action+Loads of fan service

One of
    My fav anime anyway, its like the anime version of zombie land but much better

Saeko <3Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368967861.871492.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  52.4 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you both. I'll have a look. One of my friends is the sort of guy who's like
    "Oh look, the door has locked itself, and the light has turned itself off. What's going to happen to us? "
    So yeah, he asked me for some fanservice anime :ninja:
    I'll have a look though, I'm looking for more recent things though; I like the graphics :moon:
    Well, so long as it's not in 4:3 then it's good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nin_)
    Episode 7 of Attack on Titan...I just...I can't...WHAT

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know its a really good show!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    really need to start watching Attack on Titan
    Just read the manga then use the anime to flesh some scenes out.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Tabris)
    Just read the manga then use the anime to flesh some scenes out.
    I disagree. I would advise those who haven't read the manga to watch the anime adaptation now that's it's airing. It's considerably more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen, given the amount of twists and revelations. Moreover, you're less inclined to nitpick and draw comparisons, further reducing your enjoyment. That said, I think this is a pretty faithful adaptation, all things considered, and the production is more than satisfactory (stills, when presented appropriately, can still be effective and aren't necessarily bad). Easily one of the better anime series to air in the past year or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I disagree. I would advise those who haven't read the manga to watch the anime adaptation now that's it's airing. It's considerably more enjoyable when you don't know what's going to happen, given the amount of twists and revelations. Moreover, you're less inclined to nitpick and draw comparisons, further reducing your enjoyment.
    The thing is, you still get those unexpected twists and revelations in the manga. It's not like the medium really changes any of that, unless you have a stronger preference for anime over manga. From what I've read and heard, the anime is also behind schedule, so there's every chance that the final act will be somewhat rushed; all the more reason to read the manga, because Isayama isn't quite as rushed as the anime staff and the quality is consistent.

Personally, I think it's better to be aware and familiar of source material, more so when it is readily available. Whether it's a manga, light novel, visual novel, etc. I enjoy it all the same. Totally agree about being less inclined to nitpick, which can detract from some enjoyment of adaptations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    I know its a really good show!!!!!!
    I'm also obsessed with Attack on Titan.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody still watch Yugioh, or have people stopped watching it since Zexal?

Yugioh Zexal is the worst series so far. It was a BAD idea making the protagonist 12 years old, but I still watch it because its Yugioh lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Anybody still watch Yugioh, or have people stopped watching it since Zexal?

Yugioh Zexal is the worst series so far. It was a BAD idea making the protagonist 12 years old, but I still watch it because its Yugioh lol.
    attempted to watch GX fully (watched it a fair bit when it first came out) but just couldn't do it. was too slow and repetitive though and only reached 40-60 episodes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    attempted to watch GX fully (watched it a fair bit when it first came out) but just couldn't do it. was too slow and repetitive though and only reached 40-60 episodes.
    Yeah yugioh can get kinda repetitive, especially when the main character keeps using their ace monster every duel. If you do wanna start watching it again, I recommend watching 5Ds as it's slightly better than the original. Also watch it subbed as the music is way better.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.