Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Splashed out on manga big time this payday.

Bought all of Drakuun (24 individual issues), the final three volumes of RG Veda (the seller's quality descriptions for vols 8 and 10 weren't fantastic, but I don't have several hundred pounds for new copies :p:), the final volume of Negima (vol. 37 has been lying unread for a few months, as I was planning to marathon them together), volume 3 of Karakuri Odette (still waiting for the 2nd volume that I ordered last payday...), and volume 4 of Wandering Son (which isn't due to be published for a few weeks, but should arrive in no time thanks to the magic of The Book Depository :p:).

I also picked up the anime movie King of Thorn and the full series of Jyu Oh Sei on DVD this weekend while visiting a friend in Shrewsbury. Was sorely tempted by Loups=Garous too (despite most reviews/ratings for the film being mostly 'meh', the premise still appeals to me), but I can only afford so much from HMV and their high prices. :sadnod: Might get that for my Birthday instead, or 'acquire it by other methods'. :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Get that list moving i've stalled everything at the moment until the last exam on tuesday, i'm already at breaking point
    Marathons are fun, I prefer marathoning stuff rather than weekly watching tbh.
    WAHOO THAT MEANS YOU'RE FREE NOW My last exam is on the 5th of June, epic crunch time D: Marathons are so much fun you don't feel guilty afterwards when you don't have a pile of work to do. Oh those days are almost approaching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya8D)
    WAHOO THAT MEANS YOU'RE FREE NOW My last exam is on the 5th of June, epic crunch time D: Marathons are so much fun you don't feel guilty afterwards when you don't have a pile of work to do. Oh those days are almost approaching.
    It does indeed been watching stuff like crazy during the offpeak hours of internet usage (gone over our cap) and been watching the dvds I have until peak time is over.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    It does indeed been watching stuff like crazy during the offpeak hours of internet usage (gone over our cap) and been watching the dvds I have until peak time is over.

Good luck
    Thank you! Have fun

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai NEXT...
    Spoiler:
    Show

I enjoyed it so much I must say the last few episodes took me by surprise a bit but was still pretty good. Talk about a cliff hanger of an ending, they must have to follow this up at some point in the future even if its a few years down the line.
    I think I was hoping for some closure on the series based around Sena and Kodaka but thats not happening poor old Pegasus rambling about his daughter to every bugger he met on the street :lol:

Overall I enjoyed the series and would recommend it if people haven't seen and its their sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    Finished Kuroko no Basket last night, and I seriously cannot contain my excitement for season 2! I don't know whether I should wait for the new season (which starts in Oct!) or if I should just read the manga...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Finished Kuroko no Basket last night, and I seriously cannot contain my excitement for season 2! I don't know whether I should wait for the new season (which starts in Oct!) or if I should just read the manga...
    JXHKSNDKAMAKAMWKWMD I can't wait for season 2 as well! I'm planning to read the manga, if you are too, you have about five months!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasunerd)
    JXHKSNDKAMAKAMWKWMD I can't wait for season 2 as well! I'm planning to read the manga, if you are too, you have about five months!
    (Original post by Naami)
    I absolutely remember that feeling of un-containing excitement, but that was long ago.

The manga is nothing but awesome when it really gets the heat down, but with no spoilers expect to see all of Generation of Miracles playing, so nothing but worth reading. Actually I read to the latest within 3 hours lol, but I haven't read it in long and kinda forget the story so when the anime is out I will defo watch it.

ReputationRep:
    Code Geass has got to be one of the best animes ever, it's so complete, and the ending actually lives up to and indeed surpasses your anticipation. I've never teared up so bad before, not even for LOTR. Was literally bawling :'(

Don't know how anything else I watch will ever live up to this xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sasunerd)

(Original post by Xmarksthesh0t)
    I absolutely remember that feeling of un-containing excitement, but that was long ago.

The manga is nothing but awesome when it really gets the heat down, but with no spoilers expect to see all of Generation of Miracles playing, so nothing but worth reading. Actually I read to the latest within 3 hours lol, but I haven't read it in long and kinda forget the story so when the anime is out I will defo watch it.
    LOL I've already caved in, reading it right now XD I'm enjoying it, but that just makes me want to see it animated even more! Can't wait to see movements given to the pictures My brother's already caught up with the current chapters and he's said he's already forgotten half the stuff too so when he watches the anime he can still expect to be shocked/surprised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    LOL I've already caved in, reading it right now XD I'm enjoying it, but that just makes me want to see it animated even more! Can't wait to see movements given to the pictures My brother's already caught up with the current chapters and he's said he's already forgotten half the stuff too so when he watches the anime he can still expect to be shocked/surprised
    Yeh your brother, like me, has read alot and forgets quite a bit, so that is why I am also going to watch the anime, also there a huge amount more characters IMO and the anime could help clear it up.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the new Titan ep

(Original post by ianh16)

Spoiler:
    Show
    As for titan I have a feeling that the new titan has something to do with eren

Spoiler:
    Show
    Told You This weeks episode was really good, knew they couldn't kill off Eren that early. Mikasa never really felt like the main character.

ReputationRep:
    nooo latest oreimo

Spoiler:
    Show
    damn it did feel like things were going to smoothly but didnt think it would happen so soon

kuroneko so adorable in this ep :yep:

***** onii-san :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I've picked up watching a few series again, feels like ages since I saw anything. New hard drive means epic batch spree!

Sword Art Online :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    nooo latest oreimo

Spoiler:
    Show
    damn it did feel like things were going to smoothly but didnt think it would happen so soon

kuroneko so adorable in this ep :yep:

***** onii-san :rofl:
    I agree, I laughed so hard when her sisters walked in. The whole convo was just :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    I've picked up watching a few series again, feels like ages since I saw anything. New hard drive means epic batch spree!

Sword Art Online :woo:
    youre alive :eek: :woo:

SAO is awesome :five:i still need to finish the 2nd half :pinch:

(Original post by ianh16)
    I agree, I laughed so hard when her sisters walked in. The whole convo was just :rofl:
    yeah those 2 were awesome especially the middle one :eek: :rofl2: they need more screen time :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    youre alive :eek: :woo:

SAO is awesome :five:i still need to finish the 2nd half :pinch:
    Yeah it is :five: Asuna :love:

ReputationRep:
    Went London MCM expo today, and well, I went mental. Spent £120 on anime/manga ALONE. But oh well, it was worth it

^My loot from today

EDIT: Payday this Friday, planning to buy vol 14-16 of Hikaru no Go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Amukee)
    Code Geass has got to be one of the best animes ever, it's so complete, and the ending actually lives up to and indeed surpasses your anticipation. I've never teared up so bad before, not even for LOTR. Was literally bawling :'(

Don't know how anything else I watch will ever live up to this xD
    It definitely has one of the better endings of the anime I've watched. It left a sad but satisfying feeling.

With regards to shingeki...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Eren looked a little psychotic in the preview of the next episode...

Anyways, I never thought he'd be back in human form, limbs and all...

...:iiam:

And I was just getting myself accustomed to Misaka as the MC...-_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Went London MCM expo today, and well, I went mental. Spent £120 on anime/manga ALONE. But oh well, it was worth it

^My loot from today

EDIT: Payday this Friday, planning to buy vol 14-16 of Hikaru no Go!
    That is an epic haul :eek: how was the Expo?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.