Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone just finished watching berserk and i was hoping for something similar i.e medieval and gory anyone have any recommendations?

thanks all

ReputationRep:
    Finished Code Geass. I'm in tears.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by gutsgriffith)
    hey everyone just finished watching berserk and i was hoping for something similar i.e medieval and gory anyone have any recommendations?

thanks all
    From your username, I'd never have guessed you were a Berserk fan. :p:

The currently airing Attack on Titan should be perfect. :yes: Or, if you'd prefer something that's already finished, I'd recommend Claymore, *******!! (that's an anime title, not an insult :p:) or Basilisk.

ReputationRep:
    after 4 months of it, finally finished the fate VN!

Feel like watching fate/zero again as I'd understand things better this time

ReputationRep:
    I've found myself re watching the action scenes in fate/zero, in particular the very last battle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    From your username, I'd never have guessed you were a Berserk fan. :p:

The currently airing Attack on Titan should be perfect. :yes: Or, if you'd prefer something that's already finished, I'd recommend Claymore, *******!! (that's an anime title, not an insult :p:) or Basilisk.

thanks a bunch ile check em all out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jehuty^)
    That is an epic haul :eek: how was the Expo?
    I only went on Sunday but it was pretty good still! I saw some epic cosplays - including two guys in red and blue jumpsuit with a cardboard around their neck saying "Tesco Value Cosplay" in their font lol. I really wanted to see Shinichiro Watanabe but I think he was there on Saturday only Next time I'll definitely get a weekender ticket and try some cosplay!

ReputationRep:
    Oh my goodness berserk is an amazing anime, I dont think there is any like it, how did u find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    Oh my goodness berserk is an amazing anime, I dont think there is any like it, how did u find it
    Read the manga a million times better, i got so glued into it i read all 300 odd chapters in 2 days, plus the anime only goes up to like 1/10 the way the manga has

Its nothing like the anime

Every chapter has extreme gore, rape, sex when i mean extreme i mean HEAVY.

Actually i wouldn't read it because some scenes are so bad (Like the rape) it'll make u rage

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Been watching Joshikousei aka High School Girls after spying a short clip on youtube...
    Its not too bad I guess quite funny at times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CosmicVengeance)
    Read the manga a million times better, i got so glued into it i read all 300 odd chapters in 2 days, plus the anime only goes up to like 1/10 the way the manga has

Its nothing like the anime

Every chapter has extreme gore, rape, sex when i mean extreme i mean HEAVY.

Actually i wouldn't read it because some scenes are so bad (Like the rape) it'll make u rage

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The mock eclipse part was amazing! really brutal and bizarre, and yet so good
    I remember seeing a goat man with a snake for a penis :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Well I guess while I'm on here...

It's been about eight months since I last watched any anime. I did start the Sailor Moon manga recently but I'm still on volume one, and I've read a bit of the HSoTD manga.

Currently more interested in movies and games which is part of the reason I haven't been on here for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    If I were you, I would buy a nice external hard drive with that 120£ and download all these mangas then read with cdisplay.

I think you can download manga from shounen jump magazine directly, if you have a subscription.

ReputationRep:
    I really dont know why the anime was not so long, I hope sometime in the future they bring the animation series back just like hunter x hunter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by electro14)
    I really dont know why the anime was not so long, I hope sometime in the future they bring the animation series back just like hunter x hunter

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you aware of the recent Berserk movie trilogy? It retells the Golden Age arc from the start rather than continue where the series left off, but since the third movie only premiered in Japan last February, there's always the possibility they may animate other arcs in the future. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zambrino)
    If I were you, I would buy a nice external hard drive with that 120£ and download all these mangas then read with cdisplay.
    I like owning paper copies and supporting the industry. Same reason why I buy anime, though I always download the series first to see if I like it then go out to buy the DVD copy.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Looks like I'll be picking up the Here is Greenwood manga, after a friend offered to sell me four of the nine volumes for £20 + P&P. One of the volumes would otherwise cost £30 on its own! :zomg: Luckily she got them when they were lower priced, so doesn't mind.

ReputationRep:

Eren, Miskasa and Connie singing AoT OP.

You can go home now the whole AoT OP fits with everything meme is dead.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm now halfway through the final volume of Negima!... I started the series only a few months after discovering manga, seven and a half years ago. The fifth series I started. It's like the end of an era! :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    It's episodes like the latest Titan that make me hate watching uncompleted anime. I want the next episode NOW!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.