The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4660
Original post by F_shakeey
Hmm I might check it out. I enjoy the shcol life aspect but alos the comedic side to it all.
Ahh so you're not up to date. Well you'll soon meet them all in the next 20 odd chapters and see akashi in play around 160~ :yep:

Yup I'm excited to meet him, especially after the Kuroko OVA :colondollar:
Original post by Naami
Yup I'm excited to meet him, especially after the Kuroko OVA :colondollar:

Haven't seen that, another one to see :gah:

Suffice to say the way he plays...I can see why he's the captain. Hurry up and catch up :tongue:
This week's anime episodes have been ridiculously good so far. Chihayafuru 2 ep 21, Hunter x Hunter ep 82 and Date A Live ep 9 were nothing short of epic, Suisei no Gargantia ep 9 was great for shock factor, the 9th eps of Mushibugyou, Red Data Girl and even Crime Edge were better than usual, and Aku no Hana... could hardly be worse than the half episode of slow paced, silent walking I forced myself to sit through last week. :P

About the only things that aren't way better this week (in my opinion) are Hataraku Maou-sama! (probably due to my usual preference for plot over comedy), and Attack on Titan (which doesn't need to improve as it's consistently awesome).
Don't know where I'm going to put these... but it doesn't matter. :biggrin:

Reply 4664
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Don't know where I'm going to put these... but it doesn't matter.

Space can always be found! I had a revoltech arrive the other day, and suddenly realised that I could recycle a big stack of paper to make room for it. Me buying revoltechs is good for the environment.
Original post by QHF
Space can always be found! I had a revoltech arrive the other day, and suddenly realised that I could recycle a big stack of paper to make room for it. Me buying revoltechs is good for the environment.

I'd have a lot more space if the one side of my bedroom wasn't prone to leaking without warning, and if I didn't have to put up with the giant table football table (an old birthday present I didn't ask for, and that my mother won't let me get rid of... might be able to convert it into a bookshelf with a little cardboard and creativity, though). :beard:

More manga arrived today, the 10th and final volume of RG Veda. I read the 6th volume yesterday, and am really enjoying the series so far!

At a friend's recommendation, I joined the site Goodreads, which (after I added all the manga I've read, which surprisingly didn't take too long) has provided me with a lot of promising series that I'd not heard of/forgotten about. Better than Amazon's recommendations, at any rate. :p:
(edited 10 years ago)
Yukinon :puppyeyes: latest ep of Yahari Ore..

Spoiler

this shows cranked up a couple of notches last 2/3 eps, really enjoying it :yep:
oh god naruto spoilers last page nooooooo :frown: please put them in spoiler tags guys, some people dont follow the manga
Anyone read the latest chapter of Fairy Tail (334)?!
I was in shock when I saw what happened! :eek:
Any anime fans coming to the meet up???!
I'm fighting the urge to watch the webstreamed pre-airs of Red Data Girl - as much as a marathon of the final few episodes would be fun, and reduce my backlog of weekly shows, it would mess up my blogging a bit. Also, the animation is definitely the series' strongest point, and webstreams are usually of lower quality... so I think I'll wait a couple more weeks. :p:

Original post by lilmissshady
Any anime fans coming to the meet up???!

Meetup? :confused:
I'm fighting the urge to watch the webstreamed pre-airs of Red Data Girl - as much as a marathon of the final few episodes would be fun, and reduce my backlog of weekly shows, it would mess up my blogging a bit. Also, the animation is definitely the series' strongest point, and webstreams are usually of lower quality... so I think I'll wait a couple more weeks. :p:

Meetup? :confused:

yup!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2370616

Meh, not sure I'd be up for a general TSR meet, hardly know anybody who posts outside these threads. Still have fond memories of the Anime Soc meetup several years back, though... even if the rain did ruin all the manga I bought that day. :frown:

Almost half way through Drakuun now; I had planned to read one issue a day to make it last, but ~20 pages isn't enough to satisfy me, so it's become more like five or six a day. :p: So far, not as strong as Manabe's other work Outlanders plot-wise, or Caravan Kidd comedy/character-wise, but it's amusing enough. Stellar art and character designs, as always.

One thing I didn't know until now (despite doing some pretty thourough research, or so I thought :facepalm:) is that there's actually a 5th arc/volume which hasn't been published or even scanlated in English. Not a problem right now - in a way it's probably for the best that I didn't find out until after buying it, otherwise it would have ended up in the pile of good series I'll never read. No doubt I'll be raging once I get to the 24th issue and am unable to continue, though. :bawling:
(edited 10 years ago)
ahh anisoc meet was fun times :h: i could make that meet cos im close to London but dont think i know anyone on that thread :p:

spent 2/3 hours the other day adding anime onto MAL :nothing: gona finally start using it for proper now but will still mainly use A-P to update eps :yes:
Reply 4674
I would love a TSR AniSoc meet up! I've been using MAL for years, only heard of anime planet recently from this thread though I think I prefer the MAL layout.

On a side note, finished Kids on the Slope. A good show that was good at playing the emotional cards but I'm still left with questions and not a very satisfied feeling. Idk what it is about Watanabe but I can never fully enjoy his works. I'm reading the manga now, I'm surprised how much Watanabe left out (literally years!) I'll be buying the blu ray release this month though, I'm interested to see how the dub will be especially since Chris Patton will be voicing Kaoru :love:
(edited 10 years ago)
I showed my friends Lucky Star, they all pointed out the best part was:
[video="youtube;IjhkREEQIHQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhkREEQIHQ[/video]

Is there any god-sent anime which is entirely animated in that over dramatic style?
Original post by Bude8
I showed my friends Lucky Star, they all pointed out the best part was:
[video="youtube;IjhkREEQIHQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjhkREEQIHQ[/video]

Is there any god-sent anime which is entirely animated in that over dramatic style?

Aside from the short Anime Tenchou (which is where that guy is originally from), the recent Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series is the closest thing I can think of. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Aside from the short Anime Tenchou OVA (which is where that guy is originally from), the recent Jojo's Bizarre Adventure series is the closest thing I can think of. :yes:

Thanks!
Original post by eugenius 8
ahh anisoc meet was fun times :h: i could make that meet cos im close to London but dont think i know anyone on that thread :p:

spent 2/3 hours the other day adding anime onto MAL :nothing: gona finally start using it for proper now but will still mainly use A-P to update eps :yes:

MAL's anime list system drives me crazy :angry: its so useless compared to A-P but I use both still :tongue:

As for the general meetup that is a no from me. Don't really know anybody that well from that thread plus august is pretty rammed for me. An AniSoc meetup though would be most interesting!
Hello :ahee:.

Latest

Trending

Trending