Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by electro14)
    Once you finish it you have got to watch code geass, its GOAT
    Erm, the whole reason I suggested Death Note and the others is that she's already watching Code Geass and wanted something similar. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowninginsound)
    Been lurking on this thread a while, thought it was probably time to post something.

I've been watching Code Geass recently, which I LOVE, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anime similar? I'm finding that I slightly prefer the characters over the plot, if that helps.

In reply to the previous post, Ouran HSHC was one of the first anime I ever watched and I really enjoyed it. It's funny and the characters are great - I thought it was going to lean more to the romance side but it didn't, which I enjoyed.
    You may like Guilty Crown. I quite enjoyed it, however I may just be an exception since I haven't heard many people talk about it/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies - I'm looking forward to watching all the ones you've suggested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Apologies for double post

I've heard about Ouran Highschool, what's it like in your opinion or anyone else here who's watched it?
    Yeah haha happy as in not romance but something that doesn't make you feel sad or shaken. Code Geass was pretty cool though considering it's a psychological anime :yep:
    If you're looking for a funny school life anime Ouran Highschool Host Club is probably the best you're going to get. Some people may disagree but I weirdly preferred the dub to the sub. I just thought the voice acting was much more animated and funnier. (I prefer sub on pretty much every other anime apart from Ouran). I genuinely laughed at parts when I first watched it, you should give it a go. Its just a fun anime. Would highly recommend. Not long either, less than 30 eps. ◝(⁰▿⁰)◜

ReputationRep:
    Neon Genesis Evangelion has to be one of the most daring animes ever, the ending was so abstract and unique o.O Nice to see an author venturing in an unusual direction.

Also, Code Geass is AMAZE, a lot of people get bored in season 2 but stick to the end, it's worth it. The depth of the plot and amount of character development in it make Death Note look so basic :') (No downplay to Death Note tho, still one of the best) Guilty Crown has the best artwork out of them though, although I don't think the plot was very smooth, took a bit of re-watching to understand it fully :/ (or maybe that's just me).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    If you're looking for a funny school life anime Ouran Highschool Host Club is probably the best you're going to get. Some people may disagree but I weirdly preferred the dub to the sub. I just thought the voice acting was much more animated and funnier. (I prefer sub on pretty much every other anime apart from Ouran). I genuinely laughed at parts when I first watched it, you should give it a go. Its just a fun anime. Would highly recommend. Not long either, less than 30 eps. ◝(⁰▿⁰)◜
    I watched the first episode, it seems interesting. So she's basically broken a vase that belongs to a host club that basically let women come and talk to them and make them feel special for a fee?

Watching Magi at the moment and it seems pretty awesome :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I wish manhawas were made into anime

ReputationRep:
    finished zan sayonara zetsubo sensei, best last episode ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3tG7T1TyrE :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when funimation will make more dubs for Fairy Tail - I seriously find the animax one annoying. Juvias french? Come on!

ReputationRep:
    Does any know what will happen to hunter x hunter when the anime gets close to the manga, since the manga is still on hiatus

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by electro14)
    Does any know what will happen to hunter x hunter when the anime gets close to the manga, since the manga is still on hiatus

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It'll end most likely since the manga will need a good few months once it starts up again before the anime can start catching up. Can't see any fillers being made unless hunterxhunter gets going soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    QFA
    So I downloaded JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and I'm about halfway through
    Spoiler:
    Show
    JoJo senior and Speedwagon are such bosses, I almost cried when JoJo senior died
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    JoJo senior and Speedwagon are such bosses, I almost cried when JoJo senior died
    Ah yes, that was a sad moment. Great series, though. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I watched FMA a years years back and I was wondering is it worth watching Brotherhood if I have seen the original before? I heard the original deviates from the manga towards the end, but brotherhood follows the manga...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bude8)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    JJBA was such fun, I had a real blast watching it. I hope you enjoy the rest!

(Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    I watched FMA a years years back and I was wondering is it worth watching Brotherhood if I have seen the original before? I heard the original deviates from the manga towards the end, but brotherhood follows the manga...
    My impression is that the consenus on this is that Bro'hood is worth watching if you're familiar with the previous anime, but you may want to skip through some of the initial episodes. But I'm no FMA expert, so don't take my guess as gospel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Yup, Brotherhood follows the manga's storyline 100% because the manga was near completed when Brotherhood came out whereas FMA only follows the manga to a certain extent before it caught up and the producers had to create their own 'original' storyline, with the mangaka's help of course. Seeing the previous FMA anime adaptation puts you in a good stead for Brotherhood as it the first 10 episodes is very similar to the first 15-20 eps of FMA (but is more rushed to cover the story quickly and get to the main plot). However I wouldn't completely skip these episodes as I *think* they do put some original content in some of the episodes, like new character introduction and what not (it's been a while since I've seen it).

Tbh I didn't really enjoy Brotherhood that much, preferred the first adaptation - but I seem to be in the minority for holding this opinion.

ReputationRep:
    finished Zero no Tsukaima F, what a wonderful end really feels like an ending this time so a little :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    but then again i wouldnt mind another series with their life in Japan, that would be kinda cool

oh yeah Saito coming through in the pilot jet was just epic lulz :rofl2:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Summer season thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2382198

ReputationRep:
    AJ daisuki :love:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, who's your favourite anime character out of all the anime you have watched?

Mine is either Natsu Dragneel or Rin Okumera. =P

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.