Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, who's your favourite anime character out of all the anime you have watched?

Mine is either Natsu Dragneel or Rin Okumera. =P
    Admiral Alexander Bucock from Legend of the Galactic Heroes, for reasons which are spoilers.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Guys, who's your favourite anime character out of all the anime you have watched?

Mine is either Natsu Dragneel or Rin Okumera. =P
    Probably Spice & Wolf's Horo. I had to think about that, but in the end there has to be some reason I watched the anime, buy the light novel and manga, and have an image of Horo as my desktop wallpaper and on my mousemat. :p:

ReputationRep:
    For those who don't sleep at night like myself, Paprika is on film4 tonight at about 2 in the morning
    Its always better watching anime on the tv over my small laptop.

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the latest Oreimo, I really enjoyed this episode. It made me laugh really hard a few times, it's been a while since an anime made me laugh like that.

ReputationRep:
    Just started to watch One Piece. Not so good so far but according to other One Piece fans it will get better. Before I get way into it, is there anything else that you guys recommend I watch instead?

Ideally I don't want to have to wait every week for a new episode, but if its really good then I don't mind. I'd like something with a lot of action and strong characters, something with a solid storyline to go with it and not just meaningless fights, and a little but of humour (Naruto was pretty funny at times)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Entrepreneur123)
    Just started to watch One Piece. Not so good so far but according to other One Piece fans it will get better. Before I get way into it, is there anything else that you guys recommend I watch instead?

Ideally I don't want to have to wait every week for a new episode, but if its really good then I don't mind. I'd like something with a lot of action and strong characters, something with a solid storyline to go with it and not just meaningless fights, and a little but of humour (Naruto was pretty funny at times)
    While I would recommend sticking to One Piece (it is worth it eventually, trust me), I'd also suggest Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, and/or Basilisk. :yes:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hunterxhunter sounds like what you want. Haven't watched the remake yet but watch some episodes of the original first and if you like it, watch the new one

ReputationRep:
    Yahari Ore is just getting better and better, Hikky's slogan explanation oh god i almost cried :toofunny: and Yukinon's reaction :rofl2: :cute:

and i almost died from this scene

Spoiler:
    Show

that was just too adorable :pinch:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianh16)
    Just watched the latest Oreimo, I really enjoyed this episode. It made me laugh really hard a few times, it's been a while since an anime made me laugh like that.
    yeah same here, couldn't believe some of the stuff that was coming out of those characters mouths :rofl: was nice to see more of Kanoko as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    While I would recommend sticking to One Piece (it is worth it eventually, trust me), I'd also suggest Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Baccano!, and/or Basilisk. :yes:
    I watched it for the first 10 episodes - WAS SO BORED! I forced myself to watch it on the understanding it would pick up because it was so big in Japan!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    FMA/FMAB
    Death Note
    Ao No Exorcist
    Steins Gate
    Angel Beats
    All Higurashi series
    Fairy Tail (Continuing)
    Heaven's Lost Property/Forte (Waiting on season 3)
    Highschool of the dead
    DN Angel
    Dog Days
    Dragonball series
    Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles - Second series trumps the first in terms of humour, not enough humour is season 1 personally
    Elfen Lied
    Soul Eater
    Sword Art Online
    Shaman King
    Black Butler (Season 1 and 2)
    Ouran Highschool Host Club
    Eden of the East
    My Bride Is A Mermaid

Some of the animes I have watched (just copied from a thread a made months back).
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I watched it for the first 10 episodes - WAS SO BORED! I forced myself to watch it on the understanding it would pick up because it was so big in Japan!
    Well, it does pick up... it just takes a bit more than 10 episodes to do so. I'd say ep 30 was the start of the first half-decent arc, but to be perfectly honest, for me it didn't reach that whole new level of awesome until about ep 230 - which still left me with over 300 episodes to go, during which it just got better and better.

So yeah, One Piece takes patience. :p: That alone means it isn't for everyone, I guess, but personally I'm glad I made it the first long-running shounen series I picked up, as I feel it paid off in the end.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it does pick up... it just takes a bit more than 10 episodes to do so. I'd say ep 30 was the start of the first half-decent arc, but to be perfectly honest, for me it didn't reach that whole new level of awesome until about ep 230 - which still left me with over 300 episodes to go, during which it just got better and better.

So yeah, One Piece takes patience. :p: That alone means it isn't for everyone, I guess, but personally I'm glad I made it the first long-running shounen series I picked up, as I feel it paid off in the end.
    So basically, I have to watch 88.17 (accumulatively) hours of one piece until it starts to get decent?!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah another question for you guys;

If you could enter any anime world and be friends with/meet any anime characters, who would it be and why? =P

ReputationRep:

Yh really glad one piece is long running but every time I someone says thing it always reminds me of hunter x hunter which started around the same year of before one piece. In my opinion hunter x hunter would be better than one piece if there were no breaks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    So basically, I have to watch 88.17 (accumulatively) hours of one piece until it starts to get decent?!
    Well, I found it pretty decent before that, just not as 'epic' as people who were up to date with it were making it out to be. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    I watched the first episode, it seems interesting. So she's basically broken a vase that belongs to a host club that basically let women come and talk to them and make them feel special for a fee?

Watching Magi at the moment and it seems pretty awesome :yep:
    Yes! That is basically it. Entertain all the females.
    I don't usually like harems/reverse harem type anime because they're always so cheesy but with this I let it slide because its so funny.
    Are you watching the dub or sub? ლ(╹◡╹ლ)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HayleyChuu)
    I don't usually like harems/reverse harem type anime because they're always so cheesy but with this I let it slide because its so funny.
    I think Ouran's kind of atypical 'cos it knows how cheesy it is, and 'cos it's fairly honest about the fact that a few of its characters are basically sociopaths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QHF)
    I think Ouran's kind of atypical 'cos it knows how cheesy it is, and 'cos it's fairly honest about the fact that a few of its characters are basically sociopaths.
    I agree! It's over the top but not in a way that makes me wanna barf, instead I laugh. ಥ‿ಥ

ReputationRep:
    ...the season is coming to an end...

...but at least I still have shingeki....:moon:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.