Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    777 anime titles marked as watched on Anime-Planet. The movie that got me there, Welcome to the SPACE SHOW, was amazing on so many levels. :coma:

The rest of my evening will be dedicated to downloading + watching more new season shows. I'll only be picking up one more series for now, and am almost certain that series will be Deadman Wonderland, but if it somehow disappoints I've got plenty of others to fall back on.

[Edit] I'm also pretty close to 5 months of anime, as you'll see from my sig. If that isn't an ideal target to reach by the end of the Easter holiday, I don't know what is. :excited:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Liquidus Zeromus)
    My sister has an obsession with Kimi No Todoke, but so far I've managed to resist :ninja:
    Give in, its surprisingly good :ninja: Though I went for the manga as well because the anime is behind :ninja2:

(Original post by Maths_Lover)
    Hai! I had a bit of a crush on Kazehaya myself. :ninja:

I have watched all of the episodes. It is great. :yes:
    A new one :party: Noww I'm not one of the newest haha welcome!

I just caught up on on Beelzebub, B and Oga are looking pumped, I can't wait to see what happens next :dumbells: And I swear Hilda was never this strong, she suddenly got stronger after getting stabbed :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm looking for a new series to take up (manga - preferably moderate length/ still running) but not sure what to go for. Preferably something not the typical action shonen but something different, maybe something that involves some though like Lain. Not anything like Chaos Head though which I was recommended but I got bored and even after gruelling through it was thoroughly disappointed :sigh: Any suggestions?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Facticity)
    I'm looking for a new series to take up (manga - preferably moderate length/ still running) but not sure what to go for. Preferably something not the typical action shonen but something different, maybe something that involves some though like Lain. Not anything like Chaos Head though which I was recommended but I got bored and even after gruelling through it was thoroughly disappointed :sigh: Any suggestions?
    Junjou Romantica

ReputationRep:
    Rosario vampire :ahee: (Can't really think of anything thought provoking at the moment)

Talking of manga, I took a photo of my collection for a different forum, so here it is :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show

Before moving onto posting pictures of my collection, I'm just going to have to point out that currently my room is a bit of a mess, as soon I'm going to have to move everything into my new room, so I haven't really felt like rearranging my collection to its normal neat self, only to have to put everything into boxes in a few weeks :lol:

Also my current room is so small I can't actually get far enough away to get the whole of my two large shelves in shot :lol:

First up is what I used to call my Shonen corner until I moved my Naruto collection.

When I move into the new room, the large shelves will be purely for manga

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    Deadman Wonderland - wow, that is all.
    Indeed, probably the best opening episode I've seen of the season or certainly one of. I've actually read the manga for this one as well, so I was curious to see how Manglobe would handle the opening. Needless to say, I'm definitely picking this one up weekly. Oh, and lastly, Romi Park did a great job with Ganta. :smile:

ReputationRep:
    A new one :party: Noww I'm not one of the newest haha welcome!
    Thank you.

Nice to meet you all. ^.^

ReputationRep:
    How did you all get such large avatars?

ReputationRep:
    How did you all get such large avatars?
    You have to pay for a subscription.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    Junjou Romantica
    Thank you, I shall try this :awesome:

(Original post by Truered)
    Rosario vampire :ahee: (Can't really think of anything thought provoking at the moment)

Talking of manga, I took a photo of my collection for a different forum, so here it is :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show

Before moving onto posting pictures of my collection, I'm just going to have to point out that currently my room is a bit of a mess, as soon I'm going to have to move everything into my new room, so I haven't really felt like rearranging my collection to its normal neat self, only to have to put everything into boxes in a few weeks :lol:

Also my current room is so small I can't actually get far enough away to get the whole of my two large shelves in shot :lol:

First up is what I used to call my Shonen corner until I moved my Naruto collection.

When I move into the new room, the large shelves will be purely for manga

That is a lot of manga :zomg: But isn't Rosario + Vampire an ecchi comedy/ actiony anime. I watched some but it wasn't too thought provoking

Thank you.

Nice to meet you all. ^.^
    No problem <(^_^<) And large, animated avatars are a subscription thing, paid through credits (which you get from submitting essays) or pay monthly for like 3/4 pounds I think. Many get it then just let it expire because your avatar stays even after subscription expires

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meowmeowmutiny)
    You have to pay for a subscription.
    Oh. In that case, nah.

ReputationRep:

No problem <(^_^<) And large, animated avatars are a subscription thing, paid through credits (which you get from submitting essays) or pay monthly for like 3/4 pounds I think. Many get it then just let it expire because your avatar stays even after subscription expires
    Ah.

:cute:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Thank you, I shall try this :awesome:
    Some people don't like it, but it's my favourite :blush:

And large, animated avatars are a subscription thing, paid through credits (which you get from submitting essays) or pay monthly for like 3/4 pounds I think. Many get it then just let it expire because your avatar stays even after subscription expires
    Some people get free subs for life :zomg:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    Some people don't like it, but it's my favourite :blush:
    shonen ai?! :zomg: I think i'll pass on this one :sadnod:

Some people get free subs for life :zomg:
    How? :lolwut:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Quick note, would you suggest the manga or anime and are there differences in the anime to the manga?
    And what is it about? Guessing from the title, its a romance? :ninja:
    I'm not really a fan of manga in general. I have the manga, but it's a bit more complicated.

It's about a man who falls in love with another man and they do yaoi things together.

How? :lolwut:
    You had to be born in a cabbage patch
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'm not really a fan of manga in general. I have the manga, but it's a bit more complicated.

It's about a man who falls in love with another man and they do yaoi things together.
    As I said above, I'll probably pass on the shonen ai o_O I was hoping for something more complicated and less ... shonen-ai
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    As I said above, I'll probably pass on the shonen ai o_O I was hoping for something more complicated and less ... shonen-ai
    I don't understand such words.

Maybe try Pokemons :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Indeed, probably the best opening episode I've seen of the season or certainly one of. I've actually read the manga for this one as well, so I was curious to see how Manglobe would handle the opening. Needless to say, I'm definitely picking this one up weekly. Oh, and lastly, Romi Park did a great job with Ganta. :smile:
    Agreed. Simply amazing. I haven't read the manga before though just saw the episode but I was blown away, it was just too much to take in. Hope i'm not exaggerating but I really felt it was top notch and can't wait to see how it unfolds.

Dat animation, dat art! :broken:

ReputationRep:
    Being a follower of the Ao no Exorcist manga I was curious of the anime adaptation. To put it simply, it was great. The voice actors are brilliants, the animation was top notch, and the ED was 2PM (an awesome Korean band). Definitely impressed and keeping it on.

Deadman Wonderland had a good first ep, but I wasn't a fan of some of the voice actors and the animation seemed average in places, but again as a follower of the manga I'll keep it on as I want to see how they handle some of the fights and gore later on.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Juno)
    I don't understand such words.

Maybe try Pokemons :dontknow:
    Haha well if pokemon was the limit of no shonen-ai, then I think the anime market would suffer quite a bit

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.