Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I learned something unforgivable yesterday, 2 of my friends have not watched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood because they think it is the same - one has only watched up to episode 13! DX

To be fair though, it is only AFTER this the plot deviates from the original.

ReputationRep:
    I've watched brotherhood, but only up to episode 8 of FMA...>_>

ReputationRep:
    I cant get out of my movie phase. Need to get watching some series again and pick myself up before the new season.
    Although just watched Windaria

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone here a Code Geass fan? I started watching it the other day (finished 1st series, just started R2) and I love it! Tons of people have recommended it but i put off watching it as i'm not really a fan of mecha anime but i'm now i'm really into it, it's so much like Death Note which is one of my favourites.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me identify an anime I watched when I was a kid I think it came on Cartoon Network or toonami basically I can't remember much but it was old an about this guy who had some blue kinda light saber/ sword and tbh that's mostly what I remember
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Can anyone help me identify an anime I watched when I was a kid I think it came on Cartoon Network or toonami basically I can't remember much but it was old an about this guy who had some blue kinda light saber/ sword and tbh that's mostly what I remember
    Not a lot to go on there, but my immediate thought is Tenchi Muyo? :hmmmm2:

[EDIT] Toonami trailer ring any bells?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Not a lot to go on there, but my immediate thought is Tenchi Muyo? :hmmmm2:

[EDIT] Toonami trailer ring any bells?

I think that could be it I remember an episode where he had the sword and it looked like he was outside and it was raining tho my memory is crap sorry

ReputationRep:
    I also wanted to ask if there was a manga thread? If not there should be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IShootLikeAGirl)
    Hey guys, would it be worth me watching Fairy Tale? I know this show has a big and good reputation and has been suggested to me alot so i watched the first 5 episodes and wasn't impressed so just stopped watching it. I have seen just about every anime i've ever heard of and read so much manga and i have unfortunately reached one of those times when i just dont have anything to watch atm so was hoping giving Fairy Tale a second chance could solve that.
    Fairy Tale is quite dull to be frank, er.. have you watched Gankutsuou? a rendition of a quite sublime novel. I could suggest others, if you are particularly inquisitive.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think that could be it I remember an episode where he had the sword and it looked like he was outside and it was raining tho my memory is crap sorry
    Can't say I remember enough about the series to recognise that scene, it's been a few years since I watched it. :sadnod:

I also wanted to ask if there was a manga thread? If not there should be
    We usually discuss manga here too, since anime and manga overlap so much it seems silly to have separate threads for both.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Can't say I remember enough about the series to recognise that scene, it's been a few years since I watched it. :sadnod:

We usually discuss manga here too, since anime and manga overlap so much it seems silly to have separate threads for both.
    Oh ok thanks for your help and have you read the latest naruto chapter ?? I feel kinda bad for obito tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wrath121)
    Fairy Tale is quite dull to be frank, er.. have you watched Gankutsuou? a rendition of a quite sublime novel. I could suggest others, if you are particularly inquisitive.
    I watched that really recently actually and although initially unsure about it did enjoy it in the end, and the art is cool yeah, more suggestions would be really appreciated although they would probably have to be well off the beaten path as i've seen so much (both good and bad). I'm open to pretty much every genre although generally prefer male leads so i guess that's a place to start and i'm almost guaranteed to like almost everything which is dark/has a dark character/ character with a dark past and general bad-assness. Togaino no chi is a good example of what i'm almost guaranteed to like and i recommend it to you Thank you for all your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IShootLikeAGirl)
    I watched that really recently actually and although initially unsure about it did enjoy it in the end, and the art is cool yeah, more suggestions would be really appreciated although they would probably have to be well off the beaten path as i've seen so much (both good and bad). I'm open to pretty much every genre although generally prefer male leads so i guess that's a place to start and i'm almost guaranteed to like almost everything which is dark/has a dark character/ character with a dark past and general bad-assness. Togaino no chi is a good example of what i'm almost guaranteed to like and i recommend it to you Thank you for all your help
    I pm'ed quite a few animes.

ReputationRep:
    no more Maou-sama :nooo:

2nd season plz :woo:

catching up with Naruto, ep 315, still filler but that was a good one :cry2:

aww mini Kyousuke and Kirino in the latest Oreimo :cute: Manami :eek: makes sense now :unimpressed: great ep with all that background stuff, sucks that the last 3 eps wont be aired until August sometime also with ep 12, i dont like how this series sometimes jump about a bit, that last bit with Ayase felt so out of place

nice end to Hentai Ouji mini Yokodera and the girls :mmm: its been a fun show to watch :yep:

i has killed the thread :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Free! here? The first episode had me in giggles the whole way through. It felt like I was watching a parody. I mean, even the way took their shirts off was so intense.

Having said that, it was a lot better than I expected. I mean, the fanservice was way OTT but I was expecting a male version of K-ON!, where they would speak about doing swimming a lot but not actually do it. Glad this isn't the case and that swimming is featured more heavily.

And my god, the ED. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Their dancing in the club had me laughing with tears.

ReputationRep:
    One Piece is pretty epic tbh, glad I carried on watching it.

Has/Does anyone watch any sports anime? Are they as good as the typical superhero anime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Entrepreneur123)
    Has/Does anyone watch any sports anime? Are they as good as the typical superhero anime?
    I've watched a few (e.g Cross Game, Giant Killing and Basquash). I'd say they're comparable to your average shounen action series - they tend to feature plenty of character development, training, development of new skills/techniques, and opponents that get continuously tougher. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entrepreneur123)
    One Piece is pretty epic tbh, glad I carried on watching it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the only sport anime ive seen is Hajime no Ippo, it is awesome :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Hello fellow anime lovers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Anyone watching Free! here? The first episode had me in giggles the whole way through. It felt like I was watching a parody. I mean, even the way took their shirts off was so intense.

Having said that, it was a lot better than I expected. I mean, the fanservice was way OTT but I was expecting a male version of K-ON!, where they would speak about doing swimming a lot but not actually do it. Glad this isn't the case and that swimming is featured more heavily.

And my god, the ED. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Their dancing in the club had me laughing with tears.

Think i'm going to watch it or at least try too. Tbh can't imagine i'll get very far going from that gif :lol:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.