The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800
Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
Hey guys, would it be worth me watching Fairy Tale? I know this show has a big and good reputation and has been suggested to me alot so i watched the first 5 episodes and wasn't impressed so just stopped watching it. I have seen just about every anime i've ever heard of and read so much manga and i have unfortunately reached one of those times when i just dont have anything to watch atm so was hoping giving Fairy Tale a second chance could solve that.

Fairy Tale is quite dull to be frank, er.. have you watched Gankutsuou? a rendition of a quite sublime novel. I could suggest others, if you are particularly inquisitive.
Original post by Numan786
I think that could be it I remember an episode where he had the sword and it looked like he was outside and it was raining tho my memory is crap sorry

Can't say I remember enough about the series to recognise that scene, it's been a few years since I watched it. :sadnod:

Original post by Numan786
I also wanted to ask if there was a manga thread? If not there should be

We usually discuss manga here too, since anime and manga overlap so much it seems silly to have separate threads for both.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Can't say I remember enough about the series to recognise that scene, it's been a few years since I watched it. :sadnod:

We usually discuss manga here too, since anime and manga overlap so much it seems silly to have separate threads for both.

Oh ok thanks for your help and have you read the latest naruto chapter ?? I feel kinda bad for obito tbh
Original post by Wrath121
Fairy Tale is quite dull to be frank, er.. have you watched Gankutsuou? a rendition of a quite sublime novel. I could suggest others, if you are particularly inquisitive.

I watched that really recently actually and although initially unsure about it did enjoy it in the end, and the art is cool :tongue: yeah, more suggestions would be really appreciated although they would probably have to be well off the beaten path as i've seen so much (both good and bad). I'm open to pretty much every genre although generally prefer male leads so i guess that's a place to start and i'm almost guaranteed to like almost everything which is dark/has a dark character/ character with a dark past and general bad-assness. Togaino no chi is a good example of what i'm almost guaranteed to like and i recommend it to you :wink: Thank you for all your help :smile:
Reply 4804
Original post by IShootLikeAGirl
I watched that really recently actually and although initially unsure about it did enjoy it in the end, and the art is cool :tongue: yeah, more suggestions would be really appreciated although they would probably have to be well off the beaten path as i've seen so much (both good and bad). I'm open to pretty much every genre although generally prefer male leads so i guess that's a place to start and i'm almost guaranteed to like almost everything which is dark/has a dark character/ character with a dark past and general bad-assness. Togaino no chi is a good example of what i'm almost guaranteed to like and i recommend it to you :wink: Thank you for all your help :smile:

I pm'ed quite a few animes.
no more Maou-sama :nooo:

2nd season plz :woo:

catching up with Naruto, ep 315, still filler but that was a good one :cry2:

aww mini Kyousuke and Kirino in the latest Oreimo :cute: Manami :eek: makes sense now :unimpressed: great ep with all that background stuff, sucks that the last 3 eps wont be aired until August sometime :s-smilie: also with ep 12, i dont like how this series sometimes jump about a bit, that last bit with Ayase felt so out of place :s-smilie:

nice end to Hentai Ouji :h: mini Yokodera and the girls :mmm: its been a fun show to watch :yep:

i has killed the thread :yeah:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4806
Anyone watching Free! here? The first episode had me in giggles the whole way through. It felt like I was watching a parody. I mean, even the way took their shirts off was so intense.

Having said that, it was a lot better than I expected. I mean, the fanservice was way OTT but I was expecting a male version of K-ON!, where they would speak about doing swimming a lot but not actually do it. Glad this isn't the case and that swimming is featured more heavily.

And my god, the ED. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Their dancing in the club had me laughing with tears.

One Piece is pretty epic tbh, glad I carried on watching it.

Has/Does anyone watch any sports anime? Are they as good as the typical superhero anime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Entrepreneur123
Has/Does anyone watch any sports anime? Are they as good as the typical superhero anime?

I've watched a few (e.g Cross Game, Giant Killing and Basquash). I'd say they're comparable to your average shounen action series - they tend to feature plenty of character development, training, development of new skills/techniques, and opponents that get continuously tougher. :yes:
(edited 10 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

the only sport anime ive seen is Hajime no Ippo, it is awesome :sogood:
Hello fellow anime lovers :smile:
Original post by Naami
Anyone watching Free! here? The first episode had me in giggles the whole way through. It felt like I was watching a parody. I mean, even the way took their shirts off was so intense.

Having said that, it was a lot better than I expected. I mean, the fanservice was way OTT but I was expecting a male version of K-ON!, where they would speak about doing swimming a lot but not actually do it. Glad this isn't the case and that swimming is featured more heavily.

And my god, the ED. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING. Their dancing in the club had me laughing with tears.

Think i'm going to watch it :smile: or at least try too. Tbh can't imagine i'll get very far going from that gif :lol:
Reply 4812
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Think i'm going to watch it :smile: or at least try too. Tbh can't imagine i'll get very far going from that gif :lol:

Oh that gif was pretty tame :colone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGHJre3UrhE

what do you guys think of this drawing done by a friend of mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

One Piece will always be king. Being a sports anime lover I would recommend you :
Hajime No Ippo
Slam Dunk
Major
Kuroko no basket
One Outs
Ookiku Furikabutte
Giant Killing
Chihayafuru (shojo / sports)
Hey everyone, just joined:smile: I've been on-and-off with anime/manga over the past three years; also a frequent MAL user (although its mainly used to keep track of things). I tend to prefer reading manga but watch anime whenever I get the time.

Finished watching Psycho-Pass today. :biggrin: Did anyone else watch it?
Reply 4816
Yeah I watched it when it came out, I thought it was pretty good.
that was a disappointing end to Yahari Ore whatever, well there was no proper conclusion, just ended by sticking one of those random sports festival eps at the end :s-smilie: heres hoping for a 2nd season as its been a pretty enjoyable show :smile:

watched the Kimi no Iru Machi PV, im reading the manga, pretty good romance but watching this was quite depressing, duno if i wana go through all that drama again lol :p: and if its true that its gona start from the Tokyo arc well thats a bit crap :s-smilie:

anyone read the Suzuka manga? quite tempted as its by the same author and i really love his artwork :wink: :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4818
Danganronpa was hilarious and very promising. Loved the art style too. :giggle:
Original post by Aiko
Danganronpa was hilarious and very promising. Loved the art style too. :giggle:

Yeah, the characters look as though they'll be a fun bunch! More survival game series are always appreciated. :biggrin:

Latest