Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have too many favourites as well
    The openings to Durarara!! are fantastic. I also love the OSTs in that series (especially this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE5UBdEATN8)

Most of the soundtracks for Bleach are brilliant. I'm still considering buying their OST CD... It was the first anime I watched, and I can never forget the OST Hollowed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d0yVyqexno

Has anyone actually bought a soundtrack CD? If so, is it worth it?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Guys, what's everyone's favourite anime related song?

Mine is the following;

Spoiler:
    Show
    Agree with Rothwell that there's too many to pick just one, I have over 600 OP and ED themes downloaded (those are just the ones I could find), and about 30 full soundtracks.

More recently, the OP themes for Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W and Mondaiji-tachi have probably gotten the most plays, as well as the ED theme for Maoyuu Maou Yuusha... odd, as I didn't really like any of those series themselves that much. :p:

Songs that have stood the test of time, and are still on my mp3 player a good 3-5 years after I watched their series include the first ED for Kurokami, the OP for Gunslinger Girl, and the OP for Chronicles of the Heroic Knight. Also, the second Soul Eater OP that you linked to (and most of the series' other themes). :five:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by porridgeandrhi)
    Has anyone actually bought a soundtrack CD? If so, is it worth it?
    Missed this post, sorry.

I've only bought two anime soundtrack CDs, one for Haibane Renmei (one of my favourite series and soundtracks, definitely worth the money), and the other for Strawberry Marshmallow (which isn't anything special, actually, but at least it looks great on my shelf :p:)

Not really an anime soundtrack, but I also bought The Delgados album Hate, since it includes the Gunslinger Girl OP I linked to in my last post, and I wanted to hear more of the band's music. Money well spent, IMO :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Gundam Seed has one of my favorite OST's and I like pretty much any anime song by fictionjunction and savage genius

btw, third season of hajime ippo incoming

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what's everyone's favourite anime related song?

Mine is the following;

Spoiler:
    Show
    There are too many things I rather like to say for sure, but 'Tsuki no Mayu' is my honourary favourite, I suppose.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hey AJ, have you seen Kick-Heart yet? I haven't had the opportunity to watch this, even though I received the download link a while back (downloading now). Still waiting on the DVD/t-shirt.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Hey AJ, have you seen Kick-Heart yet? I haven't had the opportunity to watch this, even though I received the download link a while back (downloading now). Still waiting on the DVD/t-shirt.
    Yep, I can proudly claim to be the first person to mark it as watched on Anime-Planet. :proud: Though far from the first backer to watch it, I'd imagine, since I had to sit through a whole day of work before I could get home and download it. :p:

It was... definitely something. Something good. Glad I backed it, at least.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I can proudly claim to be the first person to mark it as watched on Anime-Planet. :proud: Though far from the first backer to watch it, I'd imagine, since I had to sit through a whole day of work before I could get home and download it. :p:

It was... definitely something. Something good. Glad I backed it, at least.
    Just wondering but, do you watch the big animes (animes with 150+ episodes)?

EDIT:
    And if you were suggested to watch one from the beginning, would you think about watching it given it will take you 57.5 hours on average of accumulative watching to catch up? =P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just wondering but, do you watch the big animes (animes with 150+ episodes)?

EDIT:
    And if you were suggested to watch one from the beginning, would you think about watching it given it will take you 57.5 hours on average of accumulative watching to catch up? =P
    After stubbornly refusing to pick up anything over about 50 episodes for quite a few years, I eventually picked up One Piece, one of the longest out there. :p: It took me over a year to catch up (not a year of continuous viewing, obviously, I tended to marathon each arc individually, often with gaps of a month or more inbetween), but I figured there's no rush. :nah: Aside from that, the only 150+ ep series I've watched is Urusei Yatsura, a classic.

ReputationRep:
    After stubbornly refusing to pick up anything over about 50 episodes for quite a few years, I eventually picked up One Piece, one of the longest out there. :p: It took me over a year to catch up (not a year of continuous viewing, obviously, I tended to marathon each arc individually, often with gaps of a month or more inbetween), but I figured there's no rush. :nah: Aside from that, the only 150+ ep series I've watched is Urusei Yatsura, a classic.
    Would you ever consider picking up Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach?
    Or are you too busy with other anime you need to watch? =P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Would you ever consider picking up Fairy Tail, Naruto or Bleach?
    Or are you too busy with other anime you need to watch? =P
    I'd certainly consider them. Especially Fairy Tail, since I read and liked the Rave Master manga by the same creator. I am a bit busy with some other, *not quite as long* series at the moment though, namely Candy Candy and Legend of the Galactic Heroes. I should probably finish those first. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose anyone knows when Higurashi: Outbreak is due to be released do they?
    Been looking for it FOREVER since the announcement and nothing! DX

On a side note, I suppose I am happy given I just found out the Blue Exorcist movie is released the day before my birthday on DVD which means I should be able to find a good quality subbed version on my birthday.

Been wanting to see this for ages!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished the Chronicles of the Heroic Knight manga... abrupt ending, as was the case with the other two Lodoss series, but it was great revisiting the story anyway. Just need Deedlit's Tale for my collection now (I read it scanlated years ago, but will buy it for the sake of completion), and after that I'll have to seek out The Demon of Flame (the only one not to be published in English, so scanlations will have to do).

For now though, I'll take a break from Lodoss to pick up the Cross Game manga! It's been years since I watched the anime, so again I figured I'd revisit the story, this time in its original manga form.

*After School Nightmare vol. 1 arrived in the post yesterday, and Knights of Sidonia is due in a day or two - is skint, but happy*

ReputationRep:
    *After School Nightmare vol. 1 arrived in the post yesterday
    Ah, I'm quite a fan of this series, it's a good take on intersex people and there's a consistent dark/eerie atmosphere. I thought the series went OOP, as I would love to own the series but to get a decent copy of the first volume is quite pricey -.-
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Naami)
    Ah, I'm quite a fan of this series, it's a good take on intersex people and there's a consistent dark/eerie atmosphere. I thought the series went OOP, as I would love to own the series but to get a decent copy of the first volume is quite pricey -.-
    I was lucky enough to find six volumes in a 3-for-2 offer at Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton (would never have gone there if I hadn't missed my train connection, so that ended up being ridiculously good luck). The first volume wasn't amongst them, hence why I've been unable to start the series until now, but I was able to get a decent copy from Amazon marketplace for about £15. Not bad considering the saving I made on the rest!

ReputationRep:
    So happy, just found a subbed version of the blue exorcist movie. =)
    Subs grammar could be more desirable but at least you get the basics! XD

http://www.phianimetv.info/ao-no-exorcist-movie/

EDIT:
    Don't suppose anyone knows the ending credits song do they?
    (Same song as in the trailer)

EDIT2:
    Never mind, found out what it is called. =)

ReputationRep:
    I was lucky enough to find six volumes in a 3-for-2 offer at Forbidden Planet in Wolverhampton (would never have gone there if I hadn't missed my train connection, so that ended up being ridiculously good luck). The first volume wasn't amongst them, hence why I've been unable to start the series until now, but I was able to get a decent copy from Amazon marketplace for about £15. Not bad considering the saving I made on the rest!
    Wow, that is lucky! :yep: That reminds me I need to take a trip down to FP myself - haven't been there in ages!

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering but does anyone know of any anime shops (in the highstreet)?
    I know you can find tonnes online but the high street is a bit more difficult. =l

ReputationRep:
    Just watched the first 4 episodes of Rave Master, well, certainly one of the older animes I have watched. =P
    2001 - 2002...

I don't know why (well, could probably give a good guess lol) as to why I keep comparing it with Fairy Tail but when I do this, it just doesn't seem up to par and am thinking of stopping. Advice?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just watched the first 4 episodes of Rave Master, well, certainly one of the older animes I have watched. =P
    2001 - 2002...

I don't know why (well, could probably give a good guess lol) as to why I keep comparing it with Fairy Tail but when I do this, it just doesn't seem up to par and am thinking of stopping. Advice?
    That's not old! :zomg: The earliest (TV) anime I've watched would be Jungle Taitei/Kimba the White Lion, 1965-1966. :giggle: Which is the first colour anime, hence why I thought it was worth a look. I haven't watched much else from the 60s or early 70s, if only because a lot of it isn't subbed, but I love most 80s and 90s animation/manga styles.

On Rave Master... well, it is Hiro Mashima's earlier (and I believe his first) work, so it's no surprise he'd have learned from his mistakes and made improvements for Fairy Tail. I though the manga was fun, if nothing special, but I've heard the anime ends abruptly. :s: Can't give much advice besides suggesting you stop watching it if/when it stops being entertaining. :dontknow:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.