Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesR1993)
    What anime are people watching from the current quarter? Personally i am a fan of Ginga Kikoutai MJP (my favourite over last two quarters), Shingeki no Kyojin, Highschool DxD New, Dangan Ronpa: The Animation, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou, Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, TWGOK3 and SxS
    Still way to busy going through old stuff to catch the new things but i've caught the first ep of Genshiken Nidaime and it was a good start so hopefully i'll be sticking with that. Right now though I just really want to finish Higurashi :^_^:

Any good horror or hard sci-fi anime out so far this year?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Higurashi: Outbreak is being released?
    Been waiting FOREVER AND A HALF for it! DX
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    Still way to busy going through old stuff to catch the new things but i've caught the first ep of Genshiken Nidaime and it was a good start so hopefully i'll be sticking with that. Right now though I just really want to finish Higurashi :^_^:

Any good horror or hard sci-fi anime out so far this year?
    Suisei no Gargantia is probably the best sci-fi offering so far this year; there's also Kakumeiki Valvrave, but that's hard to take seriously. :p: Horror-wise, Shingeki no Kyojin and Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou spring to mind. :yes:

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Does anyone know when Higurashi: Outbreak is being released?
    Been waiting FOREVER AND A HALF for it! DX
    There's no set release date so far. :no:

ReputationRep:
    I thoroughly enjoyed Watching Suisei no Gargantia. I seems this is quite a year for decent robot based anime. We've had Suisei, Valvrave (season 2 next quarter), Robotics;Notes, Ginga Kikoutai to name a few. It seems gaming anime (Sword Art for example) are on the up as well

ReputationRep:
    That's because Goku sounds like a woman in sub...
    Then again, he is voiced by a woman and I don't like it when women are VA to guys, it just doesn't work, it sounds, well, Goku...
    Sounds like a little kid which is want they went for because of his personality etc etc
    I agree not trying to be sexist but if it's a man then it needs a mans voice, if a woman can pul that off then that's fine but in Gokus case he was made to sound like a kid so they used a womans voice and I just cant take him seriously in it.

Hardest decision of my life : Watch sub battle of the gods or wait 1-2 years for a dubbed version? :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Suisei no Gargantia is probably the best sci-fi offering so far this year; there's also Kakumeiki Valvrave, but that's hard to take seriously. :p: Horror-wise, Shingeki no Kyojin and Gen'ei o Kakeru Taiyou spring to mind. :yes:

Many thanks, i'll watch them once i'm done with Higurashi, Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze and Elfen Lied. I don't think my sanity could take much more than these :s:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Many thanks, i'll watch them once i'm done with Higurashi, Paranoia Agent, Texhnolyze and Elfen Lied. I don't think my sanity could take much more than these :s:
    I'm not sure I'd have any sanity left after watching those particular series in short succession. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm not sure I'd have any sanity left after watching those particular series in short succession. :p:
    I watched 'Another' in two days a bit back, finished at night when everyone was asleep, went to get some food and screamed my head off at the shape of the hedges outside ;__;

I've got Ouran, Polar Bear Cafe, Kino's Journey and Princess Tutu on the go right now as well so it's... Varied.

ReputationRep:
    Just blitzed through Girls und Panzer in a couple of days after getting into the military meets highschool genre. Was shocked to say I enjoyed it greatly, the historical references of the series really got my love of history going again as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Just blitzed through Girls und Panzer in a couple of days after getting into the military meets highschool genre. Was shocked to say I enjoyed it greatly, the historical references of the series really got my love of history going again as well
    You know that's a genre that has currently completely passed me by, the closest i've got is Chrno Crusade :rolleyes: but GuP looks rather good, i'll give it a shot :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering guys but, does anyone have a guilty pleasure anime? =P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just wondering guys but, does anyone have a guilty pleasure anime? =P
    Pretty much every season. :p: This time around it's Senki Zesshou Symphogear G, but previous examples include Phi Brain, Queen's Blade, Upotte!!, Zettai Bouei Leviathan and Shukufuku no Campanella.

How about you?

ReputationRep:
    tu tu ru~!

Anime I'm watching this season (roughly in order of preference):
    Uchouten Kazoku, Watamote, Silver Spoon, Kamisama no Inai, Rozen Maiden, Gatchaman Crowds, Genshiken, Love Lab, Titan, Servant x Service, Gen'ei, Illya, Danganronpa
    + Space Bros, AOTY

All-time favourites :3 - Utena, Gurren Lagann, Penguindrum, Baccano, Eva
    Favourite characters - tu tu ru~, Nia, Asuka, Kida Masaomi

And that's my introduction :P
    Hi everyone~ *waves*
    I make graphics over at isml, so there's my plug for it if you watch those kinda moe shows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJasper)
    tu tu ru~!

All-time favourites :3 - Utena, Gurren Lagann, Penguindrum, Baccano, Eva
    Favourite characters - tu tu ru~, Nia, Asuka, Kida Masaomi
    :hugs: Welcome to the thread! Any fan of baccano is a friend of mine

Revolutionary Girl Utena and Penguindrum also deserve all of the love in the world :yep: Although I -still- haven't got around to Gurren Lagann, it's a pain when you're new to anime to get around to everything.

Edit: Is that a Ghost trick avatar I spot? :O

ReputationRep:
    You know that's a genre that has currently completely passed me by, the closest i've got is Chrno Crusade :rolleyes: but GuP looks rather good, i'll give it a shot :yep:
    I shot it down originally thinking the concept is stupid and illogical (which it is when you think school girls can drive tanks) but I warmed up to it on the basis that I watch what I enjoy rather than logic. Should give it a shot without a doubt as long as you don't try to think too much

ReputationRep:
    I've recently finished Toradora!. Sooo sweet! :')

I'm currently watching WataMote and Yuyushiki. Can anyone watching them give some views on these series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leeks)
    I've recently finished Toradora!. Sooo sweet! :')

I'm currently watching WataMote and Yuyushiki. Can anyone watching them give some views on these series?
    You lovely chap, that's what I was just about to watch (Toradora!). Its been getting put back week after week and doesn't help I've just started K-On! Must watch soon...

As for the other two- Watamote: I dropped before the season began; Yuyushiki: On plan to watch list

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    You lovely chap, that's what I was just about to watch (Toradora!). Its been getting put back week after week and doesn't help I've just started K-On! Must watch soon...

As for the other two- Watamote: I dropped before the season began; Yuyushiki: On plan to watch list
    K-On! is a great anime, especially, if you like the more cute (or 'moe') types! Also, the music is superb!

Also, why did you drop WataMote? It's pretty cool in my opinion.

BTW, don't call me a chap. I'm a girl.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Welcome to the thread! Any fan of baccano is a friend of mine

Revolutionary Girl Utena and Penguindrum also deserve all of the love in the world :yep: Although I -still- haven't got around to Gurren Lagann, it's a pain when you're new to anime to get around to everything.

Edit: Is that a Ghost trick avatar I spot? :O
    Yup, here's the original image: http://jotamora.deviantart.com/art/S...rick-265422748
    Spoilers :P

I have a short-haired black kitty myself who I named Sissel. She's a girl though :P

I love Gurren Lagann with all my heart and soul. Make sure you get the blurays! They came out very recently.

I really enjoy watching Watamote. It's 'cringe comedy' to the max, with Tomoko being pretty cute as well if that attracts you. I find it's really well executed.

Uchouten Kazoku is my recommendation for this season. The first episode is quite confusing but really it's a fun, charming family-oriented show about cute tanuki. Plus Mama Tanuki is a wonderful character.

ReputationRep:
    Just got Sherlock Hound for £10. I art a happeh bunneh :ahee:

(Original post by MJasper)
    Yup, here's the original image: http://jotamora.deviantart.com/art/S...rick-265422748
    Spoilers :P

I have a short-haired black kitty myself who I named Sissel. She's a girl though :P

I love Gurren Lagann with all my heart and soul. Make sure you get the blurays! They came out very recently.

I really enjoy watching Watamote. It's 'cringe comedy' to the max, with Tomoko being pretty cute as well if that attracts you. I find it's really well executed.

Uchouten Kazoku is my recommendation for this season. The first episode is quite confusing but really it's a fun, charming family-oriented show about cute tanuki. Plus Mama Tanuki is a wonderful character.
    I wubed Ghost Trick, 'The Black Hello' is probably the only time i've audibly 'awww'ed at a video game.

Alas I have a crummy SD TV so blu-rays don't make a difference on my screen, will certainly get around to it though! Maybe i'll do a mecha double bill every week :yep: Thanks for the recs as well, i'll certainly be giving them ago even if my current 'to watch' list is at over 160 animes...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.