Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Don't blame you, had a look myself last week - looks like the same recycled moe blobs over and over again. I'm only looking forward to Kuroko no Basket S2 and Samurai Flamenco (Director of Baccano! and Durarara!! and Character Designer of UtaPri :drool:). Pupa looks interesting too, might have more of a look into it.
    True true, a lot appears to be actiony which is my main beef :no:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    True true, a lot appears to be actiony which is my main beef :no:
    I've not looked up the Autumn shows in any detail yet, but while I usually like as much variation as possible, I have to say an action-heavy season doesn't sound so bad after the current comedy-heavy lineup. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, you can't watch an entire season's worth of anime, I am sure you will have a few left you won't have seen plus others which are good and you haven't discovered yet. =P

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda weird how for this season and the previous season almost every show has been one-cour. Other than Titan and Chihayafuru I don't think I've watched any two-cour shows starting this year. Last Autumn I was watching Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Jojo, Sakurasou and SSY.

I want to like Servant x Service, but Hasebe is a total creep to me, I can't like that guy at all. And if he and Lucy are going to be the main driving force of the show... bleh.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Well, you can't watch an entire season's worth of anime, I am sure you will have a few left you won't have seen plus others which are good and you haven't discovered yet. =P
    I usually give it my best shot. :p: I currently have 18 weekly series on the go, and that's after watching the first eps of everything and dropping the ones that impressed me the least (or made me laugh the least, as was largely the deciding factor this time around).

I'll admit that some (potentially) good series have slipped under my radar in the past though... I gave Kuroko no Basuke a miss last year, and judging by all the praise and high ratings it has gotten since, I'll have to go back to that. Also Hyouka, which ended up being the Ani-Blogger's Choice Anime of the Year... meh, I can't always be right.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by MJasper)
    It's kinda weird how for this season and the previous season almost every show has been one-cour. Other than Titan and Chihayafuru I don't think I've watched any two-cour shows starting this year. Last Autumn I was watching Psycho-Pass, Robotics;Notes, Jojo, Sakurasou and SSY.

I want to like Servant x Service, but Hasebe is a total creep to me, I can't like that guy at all. And if he and Lucy are going to be the main driving force of the show... bleh.
    That's an interesting point. :beard: I've not looked into how many of my summer picks are set to run on into next season, but over the last couple of seasons the only two-cour anime I've watched are the ones you mentioned and Mushibugyou. Having said that, I only picked up two in Spring '12 (Eureka Seven Ao and Phi Brain 2), and the same in Summer (Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse and Sword Art Online). :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I usually give it my best shot. :p: I currently have 18 weekly series on the go, and that's after watching the first eps of everything and dropping the ones that impressed me the least (or made me laugh the least, as was largely the deciding factor this time around).
    I don't drop after the first episode because otherwise, it would kill it.
    I watched Black Butler and if I judged it based on the first episode, I would never have watched the rest which I have to admit is on of the better animes I have seen. =P
    Seriously, first episode is crap + infinitely boring.

I usually watch the first 3 episodes of a short anime and 10 for longer ones to give it their best shot.

EDIT:
    Same would apply for FMAB because the first 13 episodes = basically FMA condensed into 13 eps. =l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've not looked up the Autumn shows in any detail yet, but while I usually like as much variation as possible, I have to say an action-heavy season doesn't sound so bad after the current comedy-heavy lineup. :p:
    In theory most of them are multi genre so comedy will still be around maybe i'm just being cynical, i'll wait for your preview and judge as its only my second/third season

ReputationRep:
    Are their any animes better than Naruto,Bleach,One Piece,Deathnote and Code Gueass???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economist2)
    Are their any animes better than Naruto,Bleach,One Piece,Deathnote and Code Gueass???
    I've started watching Attack On Titan, really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I don't drop after the first episode because otherwise, it would kill it.
    I watched Black Butler and if I judged it based on the first episode, I would never have watched the rest which I have to admit is on of the better animes I have seen. =P
    Seriously, first episode is crap + infinitely boring.

I usually watch the first 3 episodes of a short anime and 10 for longer ones to give it their best shot.

EDIT:
    Same would apply for FMAB because the first 13 episodes = basically FMA condensed into 13 eps. =l
    It's been a few years since I watched it, but I remember really liking the first episode of Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji, myself. :dontknow: Skimming through it now, there's plenty that appeals to me - Sebastian's over-the-top butler skills, the amusing incompetence of the other servants in comparison, and the darker, creepy scenes towards the end. Great soundtrack, too. Chances are I'd have picked it up if it was new this season, while the similar summer offering Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist didn't impress me at all.

As for FMA:B, I wouldn't have dropped that based on the rushed recap, I'd have at least given it until the 'new' (i.e manga material that wasn't in the first anime) started. Again using an example from this season, I gave Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen the benefit of the doubt, even though its first episode was basically an abridged version of 8 manga volumes in 20 minutes.

Lastly, while I do admit that making decisions based purely on one episode might not be the best method, it's certainly one of the quickest. Besides, if I watch too much of a bad anime, it might start to grow on me, then I may end up watching half a dozen 'guilty pleasure' shows. :p: And if I skip a series that turns out to be really popular, I can always go back to it later. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    oh man Naruto getting epic :excited: 5 against 1 :coma: that body blow :sogood:

(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Already had a sneaky look at whats coming up for the next season. Shant say for obvious reasons but i'm not greatly impressed.
    :eek: Hajime no Ippo season 3 yess yesss yessssssssssss :dice: screw everything else :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, the Umineku series is better than Death Note or to say the least, on par given you have to figure it out rather than it be handed on a plate to you. =l

Although, some of my top animes are the following (in no particular order, so hard to order them!)

1. Sword Art Online
    2. Black Butler
    3. Ao No Exorcist
    4. Umineku series
    5. Angel Beats (Music ftw!)
    6. Attack on titan
    7. Clanned (Comedy is great)
    8. Fairy Tail
    9. Heaven's Lost Property (Comedy is golden)
    10. Reserved for something which I think deserves to be in the top 10.

EDIT:
    I would mention FMAB, however, you probably seen it. Also, animes for me have to have at least some comedy in it at least every couple of episodes, if it's too serious, it can get to me but not one of the best IMO. Example, Death Note was good but would have appreciated some comedy (wherever possible) in it. FMAB had one of the perfect action/comedy ratio. Similar to Fairy Tail too. =P

ReputationRep:
    Watching Highschool DXD I just noticed there is a picture (yes, picture, not a random person in the background) of mion/shion from the Umineku series anime. =P
    See if you guys can find it! XD

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, the Umineku series is better than Death Note or to say the least, on par given you have to figure it out rather than it be handed on a plate to you. =l

Although, some of my top animes are the following (in no particular order, so hard to order them!)

1. Sword Art Online
    2. Black Butler
    3. Ao No Exorcist
    4. Umineku series
    5. Angel Beats (Music ftw!)
    6. Attack on titan
    7. Clanned (Comedy is great)
    8. Fairy Tail
    9. Heaven's Lost Property (Comedy is golden)
    10. Reserved for something which I think deserves to be in the top 10.

EDIT:
    I would mention FMAB, however, you probably seen it. Also, animes for me have to have at least some comedy in it at least every couple of episodes, if it's too serious, it can get to me but not one of the best IMO. Example, Death Note was good but would have appreciated some comedy (wherever possible) in it. FMAB had one of the perfect action/comedy ratio. Similar to Fairy Tail too. =P
    Have you seen all the five animes I mentioned?

ReputationRep:
    I've seen Death Note, found it good but not great. (7/10)
    Tried One Piece about a year ago (gave it 10 eps) and found it complete crap...

Haven't tried the rest yet. I think I tried the first episode of Naruto once but can't remember my reaction to it.

ReputationRep:
    Naruto is back off fillers, they are animating it pretty good

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Durarara, Mirai Nikki, Another, Black Lagoon, Fairy Tail and Baccano. They're all along similar lines - they're all addictive; contain action, suspense, awesome storylines etc.
    Whether they're better or not probably depends on personal opinion, but I recommend them anyway

ReputationRep:
    Sword Art Online
    Fairy Tail
    Darker Than Black
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Durarara
    Baccano
    Mirai Nikki
    Monster
    Elfen Lied
    D. Gray Man
    Hunter x Hunter
    Highschool of The Dead
    Full Metal Panic

I wouldn't say they're better than Bleach and Death Note but I only say that because they're my favourites.

Edit: Completely forgot to add Detective Conan, a very long series (still ongoing) but it's excellent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tintin95)
    Sword Art Online
    Fairy Tail
    Darker Than Black
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Durarara
    Baccano
    Mirai Nikki
    Monster
    Elfen Lied
    D. Gray Man
    Hunter x Hunter
    Highschool of The Dead
    Full Metal Panic

I wouldn't say they're better than Bleach and Death Note but I only say that because they're my favourites.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of the longest dragging animes ever... (unnecessarily long...)
    How is that one of your favourites? :confused:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.