Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    The first episode of Sword Art Online english dub was released on the 27th. =l
    Blue exorcist was dubbed recently.
    Is this a zombie was also dubbed recently.

Also, some of the second series of Fairy Tail =l
    i like none

wats sword art online like? is it mature or just random fighting and nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    i like none

wats sword art online like? is it mature or just random fighting and nonsense
    It is one of the more mature animes I have seen more or less. It gets really dark towards the end given the main female protagonist gets;

Spoiler:
    Show
    Raped

It's like 20% relationships, the other 80% = fighting.
    + a little comedy thrown in, try the first 3-4 eps.

EDIT:
    Since you seem to be into dubs, I have included the trailer in it (english dub).

ReputationRep:
    is there a website those shows the latest animes or the latest episode of that anime that has been english dubbed and released ?

like a website that shows when the an anime is going to be released with english dubbed episodes as soon as possible? it doesnt have to be the whole anime..maybe they start of with episode 1 and then carry on...etc
    The website Cartoon World usually puts the dubs online before the official release of the DVD, hell, they have the Highschool DXD English Dub on there and that isn't due for release until the 20th August. =l

ReputationRep:
    It is one of the more mature animes I have seen more or less. It gets really dark towards the end given the main female protagonist gets;

Spoiler:
    Show
    Raped

It's like 20% relationships, the other 80% = fighting.
    + a little comedy thrown in, try the first 3-4 eps.

EDIT:
    Since you seem to be into dubs, I have included the trailer in it (english dub).

WTF WAS THAT?

there just swinging there swords and stuff and killing monsters.......u call that mature.....

it looks like a kids show, why did they show a rape scene, wtf?????

serious man, give me some real anime

ReputationRep:
    WTF WAS THAT?

there just swinging there swords and stuff and killing monsters.......u call that mature.....

it looks like a kids show, why did they show a rape scene, wtf?????

I take it you are one of those "I will watch the trailer and if I don't like a 2 min clip, I will lump it" sorta people, am I right?

Ok, Higurashi, Blue Exorcist, When Seagulls Cry, Monster and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Trailer for Monster;

ReputationRep:
    I take it you are one of those "I will watch the trailer and if I don't like a 2 min clip, I will lump it" sorta people, am I right?

Ok, Higurashi, Blue Exorcist, When Seagulls Cry, Monster and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

Trailer for Higurashi;

was already watching higurashi, stopped at like episode 17/18 coz i got bored of them telling a different story every time..i mean is there even a proper ending?

blue exorcist looks gay

was watching monster too. stopped at episode 20 something, anime is long so will continue later one day...

what is seagulls cry? why would i watch seagulls crying

fullmetal achmeist brotherhood again is all that fantasy action and adventure stuff which i wont find appealing

ReputationRep:
    was already watching higurashi, stopped at like episode 17/18 coz i got bored of them telling a different story every time..i mean is there even a proper ending?

blue exorcist looks gay

was watching monster too. stopped at episode 20 something, anime is long so will continue later one day...

what is seagulls cry? why would i watch seagulls crying

fullmetal achmeist brotherhood again is all that fantasy action and adventure stuff which i wont find appealing
    What animes do you find appealing? Name some. =l

ReputationRep:
    What animes do you find appealing? Name some. =l
    well the animes i really liked were death note, elfen lied and clannad...angel beats and high school of the dead wasnt bad either....attack on titan at the moment i really like, first time watching subs....

code geass was kinda gay no offense

basically animes with mystery, mature tones, good story, serious, moral messages

ReputationRep:
    well the animes i really liked were death note, elfen lied and clannad...angel beats and high school of the dead wasnt bad either....attack on titan at the moment i really like, first time watching subs....

code geass was kinda gay no offense

basically animes with mystery, mature tones, good story, serious, moral messages
    List I can think of;

1. Black Butler (Skip first episodes, completely unnecessary and crap)
    2. Steins Gate
    3. Tsubasa is fairly matureish but kinda slow, second series trumps the first imo.
    4. Durarara
    5. Code Breaker

About all I can think of off the top of my head.

Would strongly recommend Sword Art Online and Blue Exorcist though.

ReputationRep:
    List I can think of;

1. Black Butler (Skip first episodes, completely unnecessary and crap)
    2. Steins Gate
    3. Tsubasa is fairly matureish but kinda slow, second series trumps the first imo.
    4. Durarara
    5. Code Breaker

About all I can think of off the top of my head.

Would strongly recommend Sword Art Online and Blue Exorcist though.
    black butler is gay emo stuff sorry
    subabsa...seriously? i am not watching this crap, plot looks crap
    durarrarararara? yawn.....plot looks boring, different characters stupid...
    code breaker? great..another anime with guy who comes to school with super powers...

only one i would watch is steins gate, but i already knew about that one
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Sword Art Online... is one of the more mature animes I have seen more or less.
    Probably shouldn't be sneakily reading this site while I'm at work, as this almost sent me into a fit of giggles. :giggle: Sword Art Online undeniably covers some mature themes, but they're not presented in a particularly mature way, at least not in my opinion. :nah:

I'm struggling to think of many series that might fit the bill, if only because I don't pay attention to what's dubbed and what isn't. :hmmmm2: About all I can think of is Paranoia Agent, which is a bit of a mindf**k.

If you don't mind watching with subs for Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass might be worth checking out. :dontknow: Or there's Rainbow, which (despite the bright, happy sounding name) is one of the darkest series I've ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Probably shouldn't be sneakily reading this site while I'm at work, as this almost sent me into a fit of giggles. :giggle: Sword Art Online undeniably covers some mature themes, but they're not presented in a particularly mature way, at least not in my opinion. :nah:

I'm struggling to think of many series that might fit the bill, if only because I don't pay attention to what's dubbed and what isn't. :hmmmm2: About all I can think of is Paranoia Agent, which is a bit of a mindf**k.

If you don't mind watching with subs for Attack on Titan, Psycho-Pass might be worth checking out. :dontknow: Or there's Rainbow, which (despite the bright, happy sounding name) is one of the darkest series I've ever seen.
    paranioa agent looks weird? theres a kid smacking people with a baseball bat?

rainbow looks intersting, might see
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    paranioa agent looks weird? theres a kid smacking people with a baseball bat?

rainbow looks intersting, might see
    Paranoia Agent certainly is weird, it focuses on a whole host of characters, victims of the baseball bat kid, and how their lives are affected by the attack. It does go into the realms of fantasy quite a bit, but it's more people's fears and delusions than 'magic' or anything like that. It's definitely a love it or hate it kind of series.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm struggling to think of many series that might fit the bill,
    I think he limited his kind of anime to maybe like 0.01% of what's available out there myself. =l

ReputationRep:
    Finished the xxxholic ovas, the '10 years later' one was especially good. I miss that series :moon:

Gungrave and Princess Mononoke are really good, got good dubs too(or so I've heard :pierre:)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I think he limited his kind of anime to maybe like 0.01% of what's available out there myself. =l
    While I think that being open minded and trying different shows is a good thing, everyone has their own tastes and interests. :dontknow: Plus, I personally like the challenge of finding series to fit really specific requests/interests, even if the preference for dubs makes it a bit difficult for me.

I probably wouldn't have thought to suggest Rainbow if you hadn't already asked so many questions, and if he hadn't given all that feedback about your suggestions, though, so thanks for the help. It's a bit too dark and depressing to give out as a general recommendation!

ReputationRep:
    Eid Mubarak guys! To celebrate I bought Tiger and Bunny Part 1 and Evangelion 1.11. Also won a bid yesterday on entire Cromartie High School collection

<--- my feels atm
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This might be of interest to some people... titans look a bit derpy, though!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to any upcoming conventions?

I'm off to insomnia in a couple weeks then i've got Jcon in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ianh16)
    Anyone going to any upcoming conventions?

I'm off to insomnia in a couple weeks then i've got Jcon in September.
    I don't know whether it counts as a convention, but I went to Hyper Japan a couple of weeks ago

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.