Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched Fruits Basket? Not usually into shojo, I like stuff like Naruto and Bleach (hence avatar chibi Hinata c but Fruits Basket was really good.

ReputationRep:
    I seem to be doing a marathon of Hikaru No Go tonight...
    Gets really good after ep. 34, the pro tournament is AWESOME!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I seem to be doing a marathon of Hikaru No Go tonight...
    Gets really good after ep. 34, the pro tournament is AWESOME!
    Woo, Hikaru No Go is amazing! I like the first opening especially :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    Woo, Hikaru No Go is amazing! I like the first opening especially :cool:
    First opening's good but I prefer this (ending 3):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sNotMyFaultx)
    Anyone watched Fruits Basket? Not usually into shojo, I like stuff like Naruto and Bleach (hence avatar chibi Hinata c but Fruits Basket was really good.
    The manga is even better! Like, a billion times better than the anime. *Sigh* I need to re-read it sometime :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, new to the thread, and to TSR.

Here is my list of manga/anime that I've read/am reading that I love. (No order)
    Beelzebub
    Bleach (to a certain extent, it's a bit too repetitive in the formula used)
    Blazing transfer student
    Blust (one shot)
    Captain tsubasa (the anime although there is a manga, loved football because of this as a kid)
    Case closed (detective Conan!)
    Dragonball
    Death note
    Bakuman
    Eye shield 21
    Hunter x hunter
    One piece (what a masterpiece.)
    Fairy tail
    Full metal alchemist
    Naruto
    Samurai champloo (my favourite anime)
    Rurouni kenshin
    Pokemon adventures
    Detective school Q
    Yakitate Japan.

I probably have more that I can't remember... But yeah mostly shonen.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you AJ for recommending fate/zero, it was amazing!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I found myself not knowing who to root for half way through the series with all the darkness involved. It was Kariya until I got to like episode 22, then I was just like :confused: Also Kiritisugu through most of the first season but that declined through series 2. I guess that's one of the things that makes Fate/Zero so good, there was no obvious protagonist. All the fighting scenes were amazing too.
    I am a bit of a baby though and sometimes the darkness was OTT for me. Caster was really creepy.
    I don't know where I am going with this, but I did like it a lot. Did not expect the ending AT ALL although I am still slightly confused so if someone could explain. After Kiri tried to destroy the grail using saber, why did Kirei come back alive? Since Kiri rejected it, is that why Kirei's wish was granted instead? The ending was so disturbing.

I might just watch Fate/Night although I know I shouldn't expect it to be as good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    The manga is even better! Like, a billion times better than the anime. *Sigh* I need to re-read it sometime :moon:
    Will read. Have you watched 5 centimetres per second?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It'sNotMyFaultx)
    Will read. Have you watched 5 centimetres per second?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, though I didn't enjoy it that much Loved the animation and all, just got a bit bored watching it :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Yeah, though I didn't enjoy it that much Loved the animation and all, just got a bit bored watching it :yawn:
    But it was so touching!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naami)
    Same
    5 Centimetres Per Second was artistic/beautiful, but my attention kept wandering off elsewhere.

Has anyone seen Death Billiards (http://myanimelist.net/anime/14353/Death_Billiards)? It was recommended from the NHK page on MAL; unsure whether to give it a go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I might just watch Fate/Night although I know I shouldn't expect it to be as good.
    You should of watched Fate Stay Night first, many things are explained in Zero that didn't make sense in Stay Night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    You should of watched Fate Stay Night first, many things are explained in Zero that didn't make sense in Stay Night.
    Yeah, though I didn't know about Stay Night until near the end of Zero. I am finding Stay Night a bit boring though, I did not expect it to be as good as Zero but I am finding it hard to go through Stay Night for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Otaku,

Could anyone suggest an Anime similar to GTO, School Rumble. Basically an epic ecchi comedy ?!

ReputationRep:
    So after giving it more of a go, i'm actually really getting into Monster finally. Just started episode 6 and the writing has got better and it's getting rather messed up which I approve of greatly Should be trying to stick this one through to the end.
    (Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    Hey guys, new to the thread, and to TSR.
    Hey Galaxygunner, welcome to the thread! Good to have you. I have to admit it's been a while since I've seen a lot of your anime, I used to watch a lot of DBZ and Naruto as a kid as it was pretty much the only anime available and they knew how to stretch the series Nowadays my attention span is such that I like shorter series although I do love some 'Case Closed' :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    So after giving it more of a go, i'm actually really getting into Monster finally. Just started episode 6 and the writing has got better and it's getting rather messed up which I approve of greatly Should be trying to stick this one through to the end.

Hey Galaxygunner, welcome to the thread! Good to have you. I have to admit it's been a while since I've seen a lot of your anime, I used to watch a lot of DBZ and Naruto as a kid as it was pretty much the only anime available and they knew how to stretch the series Nowadays my attention span is such that I like shorter series although I do love some 'Case Closed' :yep:
    Hey, thanks. I've included a mixture of anime and manga... I think I tend to read the manga of the animes that tend to prolong and have side quests... E.g. Naruto. I put DB as it started and introduced me to anime and was also the most violent and amazing cartoon ever as a kid (DBZ intro theme!)

Check out bakuman either the manga or anime... It's by the people that did deathnote and was very enjoyable...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Yeah, though I didn't know about Stay Night until near the end of Zero. I am finding Stay Night a bit boring though, I did not expect it to be as good as Zero but I am finding it hard to go through Stay Night for some reason.
    Yeah, I found it a bit boring too. But it gets better after Rider gets involved in the story. The end was kind of confusing but it was much better than Zero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    Hey, thanks. I've included a mixture of anime and manga... I think I tend to read the manga of the animes that tend to prolong and have side quests... E.g. Naruto. I put DB as it started and introduced me to anime and was also the most violent and amazing cartoon ever as a kid (DBZ intro theme!)

Check out bakuman either the manga or anime... It's by the people that did deathnote and was very enjoyable...
    Manga certainly seems the more optimal option just because they seem better developed but I still haven't read any. Hopefully i'll get into some sooner or later :yep:

You do feel quite mature don't you when watching it? xD Although if feels rather juvenile now. Wish they would show the Freezer saga, all I remember was them constantly repeating Cell and Buu.

Will do! Thanks for the rec.

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to drop Danganropa, 8 eps in. I've got a huge to-watch list that I need to start tackling this week, and I need to drop something. I was enjoying Danganropa at first, but it's just not really my thing. :/ The animation style is getting on my nerves slightly, and I find anime based on games hard to enjoy. Maybe I'll complete it when I have the time.

On another note... Anyone seen Suzuka? Is it worth a try?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    Thank you AJ for recommending fate/zero, it was amazing!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I found myself not knowing who to root for half way through the series with all the darkness involved. It was Kariya until I got to like episode 22, then I was just like :confused: Also Kiritisugu through most of the first season but that declined through series 2. I guess that's one of the things that makes Fate/Zero so good, there was no obvious protagonist. All the fighting scenes were amazing too.
    I am a bit of a baby though and sometimes the darkness was OTT for me. Caster was really creepy.
    I don't know where I am going with this, but I did like it a lot. Did not expect the ending AT ALL although I am still slightly confused so if someone could explain. After Kiri tried to destroy the grail using saber, why did Kirei come back alive? Since Kiri rejected it, is that why Kirei's wish was granted instead? The ending was so disturbing.

No problem.

Fate/Zero ending spoilers:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I assumed the same as you, that it was because Archer/Kirei came 'second' in the Grail war, so after the Grail was destroyed by Kiritsugu and Saber, it resurrected them and granted their wish instead. I might be wrong, but it makes sense. Shame to let a good wish go to waste. :p:

I don't know whether you saw the link last time I posted it, but ufotable (the animation studio that made Fate/Zero) are working on some sort of Fate/Stay Night project. No idea whether it'll be a movie, OVA or TV series, or whether it'll be a full remake, but hopefully whatever it is will be more coherent than Studio DEEN's Fate/Stay Night. There's a reason I didn't suggest you watch that first, it isn't brilliant. :no:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.