Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rothwell)
    It looks promising, but doesn't quite cut it imo. I had to pretty much force myself to watch it (one episode at a time, this was after they'd all been aired) and stopped at about episode 18.
    Oh really? I've just seen up to the second episode (official) which was pretty cool and serious and watched a few abridged series on YouTube.... They're hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Check this out.... It's pretty funny.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    Sword art online looks promising.
    I would recommend SAO but would say that the second series, Alfheim Online doesn't quite match up to it until the end...(second last ep) - there isn't quite as much to lose given Kirito can die as many times as he wants in Alfheim.

It picks up after (and including) episode 4 I personally think.

ReputationRep:
    omg omg today's naruto was just fooking epic :coma: that boost in power :eek4: :sogood: :dice: :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    omg omg today's naruto was just fooking epic :coma: that boost in power :eek4: :sogood: :dice: :sexface:
    I'm not really with the anime anymore (was reading the manga, and well the manga went much faster than the anime).. What's happened so far?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not really with the anime anymore (was reading the manga, and well the manga went much faster than the anime).. What's happened so far?
    i dont read the manga but i just watched the part when

Spoiler:
    Show
    naruto finally opens the seal and turns into tailed beast mode :sogood: you should just check out this ep, its so good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    i dont read the manga but i just watched the part when

Spoiler:
    Show
    naruto finally opens the seal and turns into tailed beast mode :sogood: you should just check out this ep, its so good :yep:
    Ahh... You're going to really enjoy the later episodes then... Won't spoil anything but, what you saw up to now is only the beginning... might just check out the fight scenes then, naruto is definitely a quality anime and manga.

ReputationRep:
    Can a certain someone please translate?
    No subs on this message and so I don't know what it says.

Name:  Pic.png
Views: 64
Size:  56.4 KB
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble:

So... I've been watching the TMS Entertainment adaptation of Treasure Island, and hope to finish it this weekend. Got off to a slow start, but the recent episodes have been fantastic.

I also caught up with Blood Lad again, despite dropping it at episode 6 - I heard it was only going to be 10 episodes, so what harm could four more do? My poor opinion of the series hasn't changed though, even the addition of Norio Wakamoto's voice couldn't save it. :no: I can't imagine the final episode will provide much of a conclusion either...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I also caught up with Blood Lad again, despite dropping it at episode 6 - I heard it was only going to be 10 episodes, so what harm could four more do? My poor opinion of the series hasn't changed though, even the addition of Norio Wakamoto's voice couldn't save it. :no: I can't imagine the final episode will provide much of a conclusion either...
    What's wrong with Blood Lad, I think it's great? I didn't really like the first episode but the rest have been good. I like the opening song.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    What's wrong with Blood Lad, I think it's great? I didn't really like the first episode but the rest have been good. I like the opening song.
    I'm finding most of the characters annoying, and the story boring and virtually incomprehensible at times due to the atrocious pacing. The animation quality isn't great. Most of the fanservice feels unnecessary, and I don't find many of the jokes funny either. I'm actually struggling to find much that's RIGHT with Blood Lad, though it looks like I'm in the minority, if A-P's high average rating is any indication.

The OP theme is pretty good though, I'll give it that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone know an anime that is similar to itazura na kiss?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any dubbed anime similar to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball where the main character/s get stronger as they fight more battles.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by cherry_heart2047)
    hey does anyone know an anime that is similar to itazura na kiss?
    I've not seen Itazura na Kiss myself, but based on the synopsis (and all the strong recommendations by other people on Anime-Planet) I'd suggest Lovely Complex.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    Does anyone know any dubbed anime similar to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball where the main character/s get stronger as they fight more battles.
    Shounen series and dubs are far from my comfort zone, but maybe try Hunter x Hunter (the original, not the 2011 remake, as that isn't dubbed *yet*). :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Shounen series and dubs are far from my comfort zone, but maybe try Hunter x Hunter (the original, not the 2011 remake, as that isn't dubbed *yet*). :beard:
    Thanks will do! what type of anime do you watch?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Thanks will do! what type of anime do you watch?
    These days, more or less anything. :yes: I like to get a good balance of newer and older series, and different genres. I do love high-budget action series like Attack on Titan and Fate/Zero, though.

ReputationRep:
    Rurouni kenshin is a anime classic (English dub). Fairy tail is also comparable to one piece and is awesome in its own right (I think this is only 2 seasons in English dub) you seem to like the shonen genre, so maybe bleach?

If you want a don't mind a more mature and gory anime with one of the best English dubs of all time then give samurai champloo a try. It's done by some people who voiced in spirited away and cowboy be pop.

ReputationRep:
    Rurouni kenshin is a anime classic (English dub). Fairy tail is also comparable to one piece and is awesome in its own right (I think this is only 2 seasons in English dub) you seem to like the shonen genre, so maybe bleach?

If you want a don't mind a more mature and gory anime with one of the best English dubs of all time then give samurai champloo a try. It's done by some people who voiced in spirited away and cowboy be pop.
    Thanks!! Will check out all of them. I watach Fairytail. full of awesomeness

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!! Will check out all of them. I watach Fairytail. full of awesomeness
    I just remembered! Check out yu yu hakusho! As well... You'll definitely like this one, its an old classic. This one is about as long as dragonball so I'd leave this till last maybe?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.