Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    I just remembered! Check out yu yu hakusho! As well... You'll definitely like this one, its an old classic. This one is about as long as dragonball so I'd leave this till last maybe?
    Thanks, just waatched snippets of ep1 on youtube. Will watch it. Reminds me of back in the days with dragonball. aaah!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've not seen Itazura na Kiss myself, but based on the synopsis (and all the strong recommendations by other people on Anime-Planet) I'd suggest Lovely Complex.
    I second this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    Does anyone know any dubbed anime similar to Naruto, One Piece and Dragon Ball where the main character/s get stronger as they fight more battles.
    Fairy Tail - Funimation have dubbed the first 72 episodes of the series and have got the rights up to 175 and the movie so far.

EDIT:
    I would personally say that Fairy Tail has the best fight scenes of any anime I have seen.
    I would say DBZ is just below it, mainly because in DBZ, a fight would often last around 5(ish) episodes...
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but somebody has made an Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin game:

http://fenglee.com/game/aog/

:giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    On the anime front, I haven't been able to watch as much as I would like over the weekend. Shingeki no Kyojin was harrowingly powerful as usual. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya is keeping me interested, and the ending scene prepares us for what will probably be a good battle next week. Oh, and I've become accustomed to Highschool DxD's overt fan service (if that's even possible).

I did watch the Ao no Exorcist movie, which was pretty entertaining and beautifully animated, as you'd expect from a movie. It was nice to revisit the characters too.

Today, we have some visitors later on, so I'll try and get to my other weeklies, namely Fantasista Doll, Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS and to play catch up on Danganronpa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Not sure if this has been posted already, but somebody has made an Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin game:

Aiko, could you please translate that pic I posted on the last page? I keep seeing this at the end of every episode but the website I go on doesn't bother subbing it. =l

ReputationRep:
    Yay, Fairy Tail being released in the UK on Blu Ray! XD

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...rom-5th-volume
    Now I don't have to go around ordering from America and waiting 3 weeks for delivery! (Albeit the company which is doing this is based in Scotland) - So, could take a week or so to get to me. =l

EDIT:
    They are doing Durarara too! Yay! XD
    http://www.alltheanime.com/durarara/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Fairy Tail - Funimation have dubbed the first 72 episodes of the series and have got the rights up to 175 and the movie so far.

EDIT:
    I would personally say that Fairy Tail has the best fight scenes of any anime I have seen.
    I would say DBZ is just below it, mainly because in DBZ, a fight would often last around 5(ish) episodes...
    Thank you.. I watch Fairy Tail and planning to watch Samurai Champloo and yu yu hakusho too

ReputationRep:
    So...Tokyo is hosting the 2020 Olympics. That gives me 7 years to save and plan for the trip of a lifetime!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Naami)
    So...Tokyo is hosting the 2020 Olympics. That gives me 7 years to save and plan for the trip of a lifetime!
    *hopes that it won't impact too much on that summer's anime schedule* :p:

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a sudden increase in sports anime, or episodes with an Olympic theme nearer the time, though. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    AoT opening lies.

There are no victories to be had. No glory. The wings of freedom do not exist.

Feeling more than a little depressed after that latest episode, as you might be able to tell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SyedaK)
    Thank you.. I watch Fairy Tail and planning to watch Samurai Champloo and yu yu hakusho too
    Don't suppose you've seen "Is this a zombie" have you?
    Is funny and has some decent fight scenes in it, the best cross dressing magical girl, chainsaw wierlding zombie anime I have seen! =P
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Got an unexpected bonus after marking Takarajima as watched.

Chances are I originally downloaded it for the purposes of getting the badge, as I did with a lot of series/studios back when A-P first introduced them, but that was in late 2010, so I'd forgotten. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Don't suppose you've seen "Is this a zombie" have you?
    Is funny and has some decent fight scenes in it, the best cross dressing magical girl, chainsaw wierlding zombie anime I have seen! =P
    lol no! As long as it's dubbed, I'll watch it !
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Aiko, could you please translate that pic I posted on the last page? I keep seeing this at the end of every episode but the website I go on doesn't bother subbing it. =l
    Sure, it says:

Due to the extension of the world volleyball, the broadcast will be 15 minutes behind schedule.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Got an unexpected bonus after marking Takarajima as watched.

Chances are I originally downloaded it for the purposes of getting the badge, as I did with a lot of series/studios back when A-P first introduced them, but that was in late 2010, so I'd forgotten. :o:
    I'm not sure what I'm more surprised about. The fact that you're opting to watch an anime series from the late 70s or the fact that there's a fan sub for it. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I'm not sure what I'm more surprised about. The fact that you're opting to watch an anime series from the late 70s or the fact that there's a fan sub for it. :giggle:
    I'm surprised that anything I watch these days surprises anyone. :p: It's far from my first 70s anime either - Uchuu Senkan Yamato, Future Boy Conan and Akage no Anne are just a few others. :yes:

There's a few fansub groups that focus specifically on translating older series. They tend to release quite slowly though, at least compared with the one episode a week (usually a few hours after airing) that's become standard with currently airing anime.

ReputationRep:
    This Chimera Ant arc in HxH is pretty good.:teeth:
    (Original post by Aiko)

There's an actual one coming out for the 3DS.. But it probably wont get a english release.:huff:

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe I put Attack On Titan on hold until now. :unimpressed:
    Watched the first 10 episodes yesterday and today and am IN LOVE with the series! XD

Please let there be a season 2!
    (Even though I know only episode 22 was released yesterday out of 25)

I have episodes 1-21 on my portable hard drive and will watch 11-21 when no one is in the house on Tuesday.=D
    Can't watch anime on small screen laptop any more... has to be on the TV, it feels so right on there for some reason!

EDIT:
    Only problem sometimes on TV is when you want to turn the volume up/down, it covers the subs! -.-
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    OMG, there's a new sequel manga series to Mahou Negima Sensei

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.