Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hadn't heard of this one before, though as far as I can see, it's a light novel, not manga. :hmmmm2: Still, anything with illustrations by Yoshitoshi ABe deserves a look from me, so I may well buy it.

As for the film... I'm cautious about US live action adaptations of anything, and changing the name from (the admittedly Engrish-sounding) All You Need Is Kill to the utterly generic-sounding Edge of Tomorrow, and replacing Japanese main character 'Kiriya Keiji' with Tom Cruise playing a guy called 'Bill Cage' isn't a good start. :s:
    Must have either mid-read the article or it was slightly wrong. =l
    Interested in watching it next year?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone following Shingeki No Kyojin/ Attack on Titan? That's my new favourite thing atm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesupile)
    Anyone following Shingeki No Kyojin/ Attack on Titan? That's my new favourite thing atm.
    Haven't watched the latest ep (22) but watched episode 1-21 in 3 days.
    Such an awesome anime! Was dying to watch episode 22 given the ending of 21 but my parents came in and had to turn it off because I knew I would get brainache from my mum about watching "cartoons"...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Must have either mid-read the article or it was slightly wrong. =l
    Interested in watching it next year?
    Doubt it, for the reasons I mentioned above (not to mention the lack of cinemas anywhere in the nearby area ). If I end up reading and liking the book, and hear that the movie isn't that bad an adaptation, I might be convinced otherwise... though, reading the original usually just makes me more critical. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone use this website for their anime news as well as the obvious ones (animenewnetwork etc...)?

ReputationRep:
    Actually, you know 7 dragonslayers:

Natsu - Fire
    Gajeel - Iron
    Wendy - Sky
    Rogue - Shadow
    Sting - Light
    Cobra - Poison
    Laxus - Lightning
    Ah right, I was thinking of dragonslayers as being the first generation kind, raised by dragons.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I know this is gonna be insignificant but I was just on Amazon.co.uk and Angel Beats on DVD is rated 12 but the Blu Ray is rated 15, why?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Guys, I know this is gonna be insignificant but I was just on Amazon.co.uk and Angel Beats on DVD is rated 12 but the Blu Ray is rated 15, why?
    Must be a mistake - if you look at every other picture of the Blu Ray box other than the main one, it's shown as rated 12. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which manga chapter episode 25 of Attack On Titan will be?
    I don't know how many manga chapters fit into a single episode for Attack On Titan. =l

Wanna pick up on the manga when the anime finishes.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't watched the latest ep (22) but watched episode 1-21 in 3 days.
    Such an awesome anime! Was dying to watch episode 22 given the ending of 21 but my parents came in and had to turn it off because I knew I would get brainache from my mum about watching "cartoons"...
    Hahaha yeah that's what my mum used to be like about me and Naruto/Bleach back when I watched the amines. But dude episode 22 just shows how awesome Levi is.

There's so much mystery surrounding the titans I just wanna know everything now!!!!! Apparently there are only 3episodes of this season left, so I might have to pick up the manga even though I prefer to watch an animated version -.-

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha yeah that's what my mum used to be like about me and Naruto/Bleach back when I watched the amines. But dude episode 22 just shows how awesome Levi is.

There's so much mystery surrounding the titans I just wanna know everything now!!!!! Apparently there are only 3episodes of this season left, so I might have to pick up the manga even though I prefer to watch an animated version -.-
    Manga is awesome (in general, not just AOT) but it doesn't capture the action an anime can give. It just doesn't cut it,

ReputationRep:
    Manga is awesome (in general, not just AOT) but it doesn't capture the action an anime can give. It just doesn't cut it,
    Exactly.

ReputationRep:
    ...however, one thing I DO hate it filler episodes. I understand they're necessary to let the manga get ahead. But man are they boring!

ReputationRep:
    Amazing show. I don't know how I get through the week without spoiling it by reading the manga.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    Amazing show. I don't know how I get through the week without spoiling it by reading the manga.
    It's so hard isn't it. I work on a Saturday nights and I always rush home to watch the latest episode haha

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the cheapest online anime supplier (Blu Rays - Region B/Free)?

ReputationRep:
    Watched spirited away and princess mononoke (and the beginning of totoro)... Delighted.
    (3-4th time watching them, I'm at that "I know the dialogues now" stage.)

ReputationRep:
    For a number of years i've been trying to remember a Mecha anime that I watched as a child on TV. My family had no recollection of it so I was stuck, Just now A-P suggested a random anime on its home page and it turned out to be what I was looking for :lol:

The anime was... Zoids

ReputationRep:
    I love Zoids, along with Gundam Wing x

ReputationRep:
    The one anime genre I can't watch at all is mecha...

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.