Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    £35. :yes: Still expensive, but it meant I was able to get that and the other two volumes I mentioned for little over £50.
    Ahh well done! Still jealous you got the full set since I love that series but hey-ho glad it's complete
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Naami)
    Ahh well done! Still jealous you got the full set since I love that series but hey-ho glad it's complete
    I still can't believe how lucky I was, finding six volumes for a ridiculously low price, only a couple of weeks after first hearing of the series, and in a place I only got to visit because I missed my train connection. :p:

I've not decided which series I'll be picking up to replace Afterschool Nightmare and Karakuri Odette yet, but I think I'll go for something easier to find this time. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Just a heads up that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku: Outbreak has been released and subbed, since I know some people were looking forward to it at the start of this season. Looks to be a single episode, 50 minute OVA. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Just a heads up that Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku: Outbreak has been released and subbed, since I know some people were looking forward to it at the start of this season. Looks to be a single episode, 50 minute OVA. :beard:
    *Goes to hug AJ*
    THANKS FOR TELLING ME THIS, BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    *Goes to hug AJ*
    THANKS FOR TELLING ME THIS, BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS!
    No problem. I'll probably watch it myself, after I've caught up with all my ongoing series (had a busy week followed by a friend visiting on the weekend, so I'm an episode behind on pretty much everything). :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Was I the only one wondering where the hell was Shion?

ReputationRep:
    Well Guys, the anime society has been set up for my university with apparently over 150 people signing up to it.
    How many people turn up I will find out tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kesupile)
    Anyone following Shingeki No Kyojin/ Attack on Titan? That's my new favourite thing atm.
    I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    But that time when Levi Squad got slaughtered was just too much :'(

ReputationRep:
    Gutted a lot of the anime for this season has ended :sad:

Anyone else baffed by the sudden ending of Blood Lad? Episode 10 really didn't feel like a final ep :erm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ElixirOfLife.)
    I'm hooked!!!!!!!!!!!

But that time when...
    Spoiler tags, please, that happens quite late on in the series!

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    Gutted a lot of the anime for this season has ended :sad:

Anyone else baffed by the sudden ending of Blood Lad? Episode 10 really didn't feel like a final ep :erm:
    Personally I'm surprised at the amount that HAVEN'T ended, at least not quite yet. Aside from Gin no Saji and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi, everything I'm following seems to be running for the full 13 weeks of the season.

I will certainly miss Genshiken Nidaime when it ends, though, probably moreso than anything else. Attack on Titan may rank higher for me most weeks, but at the end of the day it's just another high-budget action series. There will be more of those, even if few are quite as good. Series like Genshiken Nidaime are harder to replace. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    back to uni for my final year, will be joining the uni anisoc :teeth: i havent really been watching much anime over the summer cos ive been getting a little bored of it and also been busy, gona try out some of the new shows this autumn as i havent watched a single show from the summer season, probs first time ive missed a seasons anime for like 5 years :eek:

caught up with space bros, i was like 20 eps behind, its been consistently good :yep:

ReputationRep:
    also just watched those last 3 eps of oreimo 2, mixed feelings, was surprised it went down that route :eek: proper high drama but just hilarious at times :laugh:

Spoiler:
    Show
    was seriously :lolwut: at times, thought it was going for the kuroneko or imouto ending, felt so bad for kuroneko :puppyeyes: cant believe she and saori supported the couple so easily :wtf: and manami, wow :p: what an epic fight :laugh: i think how it ended was for the best if it was going down that path, dont know what to feel about them 2 tbh :lolwut: but feel a little :emo: now the show is over :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vibenation)
    Anyone looking forward to this year fall season. We got Kuroko Basketball 2nd season and new season of Hajime no Ippo. Best lineup I ever seen.
    yeaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dice:

I've watched plenty of comedy series, and would still rate School Rumble highly. :yes: Have to say I preferred the manga, but that might just be because I read it first, so seeing the same jokes a second time around in the anime wasn't the same.
    yeah same for me rewatching it for the 3rd time, i wana check out the manga, do you think its worth starting form the very start or continue from where it left off? i never watched san gakki, heard it was just like last couple of crappy eps to end the show and that they missed out all the stuff in between

(Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    Ahh... You're going to really enjoy the later episodes then... Won't spoil anything but, what you saw up to now is only the beginning... might just check out the fight scenes then, naruto is definitely a quality anime and manga.
    ooh i cannot wait :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Well Guys, I am officially going to the first anime society meeting today.
    So happy! XD

ReputationRep:
    Well Guys, I am officially going to the first anime society meeting today.
    So happy! XD
    haha have fun :teeth: i have to wait until monday :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler tags, please, that happens quite late on in the series!
    Dammit! My bad

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else disappointed?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...-in-20-volumes

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    yeah same for me rewatching it for the 3rd time, i wana check out the manga, do you think its worth starting form the very start or continue from where it left off? i never watched san gakki, heard it was just like last couple of crappy eps to end the show and that they missed out all the stuff in between
    Depends really, it would just be the same jokes all over again, even if its in a different medium. Unless you're planning on buying it (which I wouldn't recommend, since Del Rey dropped it), I'd try reading from the start anyway - you can always skip to where the anime left off if you're not finding it as funny 4th time around. :p:

Not really - I think the fact that the creator knows roughly how long he wants the series to be suggests that he already has the rest of the story (and most importantly, the ending) perfectly paced and planned out. As good as Attack on Titan is, everything has to end eventually, and I'd rather it end on a high note rather than dragging on too long just because it's popular. :dontknow:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Depends really, it would just be the same jokes all over again, even if its in a different medium. Unless you're planning on buying it (which I wouldn't recommend, since Del Rey dropped it), I'd try reading from the start anyway - you can always skip to where the anime left off if you're not finding it as funny 4th time around. :p:

Not really - I think the fact that the creator knows roughly how long he wants the series to be suggests that he already has the rest of the story (and most importantly, the ending) perfectly paced and planned out. As good as Attack on Titan is, everything has to end eventually, and I'd rather it end on a high note rather than dragging on too long just because it's popular. :dontknow:
    Agreed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I don't mind 20 volumes is still a few years for this manga. As long as it's not horribly dragged out like Naruto I'm happy.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.