Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether they'll animate the whole series?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr-Schmuffle)
    Does anyone know whether they'll animate the whole series?
    If you are talking about Attack On Titan, I would say the possibility that they will is gonna be very high because of the high selling manga (in terms of volumes sold) and the popularity of the anime.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    If you are talking about Attack On Titan, I would say the possibility that they will is gonna be very high because of the high selling manga (in terms of volumes sold) and the popularity of the anime.
    Yeah forgot to mention that xD hope it does air at least another few seasons

ReputationRep:
    Will 20 Volumes be roughly around 100 episodes then with the current pace of AOT? That's just a guess on my part since I don't read the manga.

ReputationRep:
    Question relating to Attack On Titan (Do not read further unless you have seen up to episode 25 of Attack On Titan and/or reached up to Chapter 34);

Spoiler:
    Show
    Question for anyone who reads the manga of Attack On Titan, given I haven't really started reading the manga in much depth, does Annie ever get out of the crystal cocoon she has encased herself in?
    Simple yes or no please, wanna find out. =l

EDIT:
    Also, those priests were getting on my nerves...

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, Attack On Titan season 2 hasn't been green lit just yet, however, the producers and other people do have plans, follow link for more info. =)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...-green-lit-yet
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Well guys, Attack On Titan season 2 hasn't been green lit just yet, however, the producers and other people do have plans, follow link for more info. =)

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...-green-lit-yet
    Yeah, I read about this from another source. Suffice to say, the overwhelming popularity for both the manga and, more importantly in this case, the anime guaranteed this.

It's also reassuring to know that Isayama has confirmed an ending for the manga, which'll give Araki/Production I.G an idea of how to handle the anime adaptation. We might receive multiple seasons, so the second might be on the horizon (next summer, at a guess).

Moreover, after finishing the last episode, the ending left it wide open for a continuation. Now we just have to patiently wait.

ReputationRep:
    I may be heartless but
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that bit with the priests in the building
    in last night's SNK made me laugh out loud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    I may be heartless but
    Spoiler:
    Show
    that bit with the priests in the building
    in last night's SNK made me laugh out loud.
    I wish they died in there...
    Those priests get on my nerves in both the anime and in reality...

ReputationRep:
    I wish they died in there...
    Those priests get on my nerves in both the anime and in reality...
    Hey, if you put stuff in spoiler tags there's less chance of ... well, spoiling stuff.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought they did die when Annie fell on them? There were loads of crushed bodies in the wreckage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Hey, if you put stuff in spoiler tags there's less chance of ... well, spoiling stuff.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought they did die when Annie fell on them? There were loads of crushed bodies in the wreckage
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought you noticed that, all died EXCEPT the priests, started reading the manga today and the priests know something about the walls they aren't telling the others, hence why the priests were trying to fortify the walls and preventing people damaging them.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    My final rankings of this season's weekly anime (based on average weekly rankings from my blog):

1 – Attack on Titan (replaces Higurashi no Naku Koro ni in my Top 50)

2 – Genshiken Nidaime (will almost certainly be getting a place in my Top 50 as well)

3 – Gatchaman Crowds (the rushed ending spoiled its chances of a 5/5 rating)

4 – Hunter x Hunter (the Chimera Ant arc is great so far)

5 – Free! (an entertaining series that actually ended well!)

6 – Senki Zesshou Symphogear G (an enjoyable trainwreck)

7 – Space Brothers (has been consistently good for over a year)

8 – Danganronpa the Animation (ridiculous, but that's what made it entertaining)

9 – Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (started well, but never really recovered after Goran Academy)

10 – Gin no Saji (a nice break from all the action in the series above)

11 – Love Lab (took a while for me to warm to it, but since then it's been great fun)

12 – Kimi no Iru Machi (liked the drama of the first half, but the second half was meh)

13 - Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen (too slow to build up for my liking)

14 – Stella Jogakuin Koutouka C3-bu (went up and down my rankings like a yo-yo, but I'm glad I gave it a go)

15 - Gen’ei wo Kakeru Taiyou (average at best)

16 – Uchouten Kazoku (I feel a bit harsh rating it this low, but it just didn't do much for me)

17 – Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku (has its moments, but I've seen better)

18 – Mushibugyou (very disappointed with the second half, it showed potential last season)

ReputationRep:
    AJ, do you know anything about Danganronpa the Animation possibly continuing?
    I know it was a weird anime to say the least but, was there any truth to that apocalyptic stuff that was being told?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    AJ, do you know anything about Danganronpa the Animation possibly continuing?
    Based on the appearance of the rabbit right at the end, if there is a sequel, it'll probably be an adaptation of the second game (Super Danganronpa 2: Farewell Despair Academy), featuring a new cast in a similar setting. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Based on the appearance of the rabbit right at the end, if there is a sequel, it'll probably be an adaptation of the second game (Super Danganronpa 2: Farewell Despair Academy), featuring a new cast in a similar setting. :yes:
    Thing is, it was never actually explained what possessed them to take part in the first place (or at least I can't remember).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    If I were to rank the current season, excluding those that were airing before it, it'll probably be like this:

1. Monogatari Second Season
    2. Kingdom 2
    3. Danganronpa
    4. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
    5. Rozen Maiden
    6. Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
    7. Free
    8. Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
    9. Blood Lad
    10. Fantasista Doll
    11. Highschool DxD New

Hopefully, I haven't forgotten any as I was writing this list offhand. All in all, not the best season ever, but far from terrible either. I'm really looking forward to the fall.

ReputationRep:
    Am considering buying Brotherhood on Blu Ray - Would people say £24.20 for episode 1-35 on Blu Ray is a fair price?

Link: http://www.play.com/DVD/Blu-ray/4-/4...rlrefer=search
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    If I were to rank the current season, excluding those that were airing before it, it'll probably be like this:

1. Monogatari Second Season
    2. Kingdom 2
    3. Danganronpa
    4. Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
    5. Rozen Maiden
    6. Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
    7. Free
    8. Senki Zesshou Symphogear G
    9. Blood Lad
    10. Fantasista Doll
    11. Highschool DxD New

Hopefully, I haven't forgotten any as I was writing this list offhand. All in all, not the best season ever, but far from terrible either. I'm really looking forward to the fall, though.
    Looks as though you picked up virtually everything that I didn't. :p:

I was impressed with this season, more than I thought I'd be at the beginning at least - I was worried when I was putting together the Summer preview thread and virtually everything seemed to be tagged as comedy. :giggle: I'll definitely miss Genshiken Nidaime and Gatchaman Crowds.

ReputationRep:
    This might be a bit of interesting news for anyone following Hunter x Hunter (2011). The airing time slot has been changed to late night Tuesday from the previous time of 11am on Sundays.

http://www.lostinanime.com/2013/09/h...le-change.html

Considering the gore and psychological aspects weren't too censored before, I'm looking forward to how they'll be animating the best parts of the Chimera Ant arc now that the audience isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Attack on TItan. Some moments in the last two episodes made me :drool:. Mikasa just oozed coolness here.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Not a perfect series but one that I thoroughly enjoyed and probably my favourite of the year so far.. out of like the 4 series I watched.:hmmmm: Deserves a special mention for that OST.:cool:

So many questions asked in the series and instead of answers even more are raised. Cant wait for the next series.:sad:

Oh has anyone seen a translation of the text in the last eps ad break?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.