Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L. Serafy)
    So I've just gotten through the shingeki no kyojin manga.

But man things are heating up like crazy! Anyone I have any idea when chapter 50 is out?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know right?!! It's crazy what's actually happening and all the anime people think they've seen the best :rofl:
    The scariest bit though is the titans in the wall and how it's all linked with the church and that ape like giant. Can't wait for more plot development!

Just count 30 days +/- 3 days from the last chapter

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know right?!! It's crazy what's actually happening and all the anime people think they've seen the best :rofl:
    The scariest bit though is the titans in the wall and how it's all linked with the church and that ape like giant. Can't wait for more plot development!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In short, between tomorrow and next Tuesday. =(
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    AJ, would you consider that new manga the creator of DBZ is doing?
    If it got licensed, I'd definitely consider it. I notice Manga Updates has it listed as a sequel to Dragon Ball, though, so if that's the case I should probably read that first.

*adds Dragon Ball to list anyway*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    *may have bought one earlier this year* :flute:

*thought it was a bit mild, barely ecchi, TBH* :pierre:
    aww :p: some of them covers though :ninja:

That's definitely one to consider, as I did enjoy the manga. Cheers.
    no probs, i meant 10 volumes, theres 25 volumes in total i think :p: ive heard great things about it, really need to get round to reading it one day :moon:

by the way i cant believe you can still fit more manga in that room of yours :p:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maaaan that is tooo long to wait
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know man, so glad I decided to read ahead. And omg they just keep adding thing like the wall titans and ape titan with 0 explanation. I really wanna know about his dad too, he clearly knew a lot, omg can't wait!!!

ReputationRep:
    In short, between tomorrow and next Tuesday. =(
    Monthly manga

Maaaan that is tooo long to wait
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know man, so glad I decided to read ahead. And omg they just keep adding thing like the wall titans and ape titan with 0 explanation. I really wanna know about his dad too, he clearly knew a lot, omg can't wait!!!
    Only 20 volumes will be made and 11 are already done so expect things to be wrapped up soon :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Same I prefer manga most of the time tbf but am I the only one that doesn't really like his drawings?
    I can't wait for the explanations, it feels like fma with his dad disappearing but knowing everything. I just don't know why the colossal titan and armoured titan betrayed humanity or whatever they are :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it got licensed, I'd definitely consider it. I notice Manga Updates has it listed as a sequel to Dragon Ball, though, so if that's the case I should probably read that first.

*adds Dragon Ball to list anyway*
    It is licensed, directly from shonen jump and VIZ media, both the English and Japanese mangas of Jako have finished, also in the magazine they said that the volume should come around January. No info on an anime though.

To those who haven't read the manga of Jako (the one by the DBZ creator/Akira toriyama) I can reveal that it is not a sequel to dragon ball or even a spiritual successor to dragonball, you may see some dragon ball references here and there but its a completely different story line. It's like Cowa! And Sand-Land

Review of Jako : 8/10

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1380653292.415148.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  202.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    Monthly manga

Only 20 volumes will be made and 11 are already done so expect things to be wrapped up soon :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Same I prefer manga most of the time tbf but am I the only one that doesn't really like his drawings?
    I can't wait for the explanations, it feels like fma with his dad disappearing but knowing everything. I just don't know why the colossal titan and armoured titan betrayed humanity or whatever they are :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There's always two sides to every story and we have yet to hear of the side of the titans. I believe that there is a chance that the titans once had a settlement in their area of the world but were chased out by humanity after humans discovered a weapon of sorts (Eren's father made something, or at least refined it) and possibly treated the titans like animals thus losing their intelligence and relying *mostly* on instinct?

Of course, pure speculation given we know NEXT TO NOTHING currently.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Unless the titans in the walls are actually human based titans and hid them from humanity to hide their shame?
    Unlikely I know because human based titans don't need sunlight to move but, maybe an early model of their experiments?

ReputationRep:
    For people who like reading manga, and up to date shonen manga at that, get this app from the App Store.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1380653663.440052.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  152.7 KB

This follows a weekly format similar to the weekly shonen jump of japan but with the official English translations. Worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Monthly manga

Spoiler:
    Show

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Soon being in the next year or so since its a monthly manga, right? Also yeah usually when I start the manga I stop watching the anime, but anime is a lot better and still worth watching imo since I feel it actually adds more depth to the story
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well there does seem to be a shared belief between the shifters that this is the only way to survive, I mean Ymir snatched Christa to save her, right? And Reined was talking about how everyone was going to die.

ReputationRep:
    Spoilers!!!!

Hide it in the spoiler tag

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm well it's interesting since they appeared out of nowhere they could be an experiment gone wrong or something. They don't need to eat humans but hate them so either just enjoy squashing them like bugs or have some grudge like you said. The ape titan is very very smart though and seems very powerful, I think there's more titans that are possibly scientists etc. The titans in the wall I have no clue the church is in on the idea but it's just bizarre why you'd have them there...your explanation is the only thing that I think it could be, some sort of testing etc

Soon being in the next year or so since its a monthly manga, right? Also yeah usually when I start the manga I stop watching the anime, but anime is a lot better and still worth watching imo since I feel it actually adds more depth to the story
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well there does seem to be a shared belief between the shifters that this is the only way to survive, I mean Ymir snatched Christa to save her, right? And Reined was talking about how everyone was going to die.

Nonono at least a few more years I think 11-12 chapters a year so I'd say 2-3 years :yep:
    I'll have to check the anime out then but I love the first opening :coma:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah apparently they believe there way is the right one but it just doesn't make sense to me right now who they are and why they're doing this. A lot of loose strings to tie up soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Duude, use spoiler tags, some people haven't seen it yet
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I think all titans are human based, I mean when Y,or was talking she mentioned something about being a titan for 60 years or something and only gained the ability to shift after eating a shifter. I think the village ones were especially designed to work at night

ReputationRep:
    Unless of course (more pure speculation);

Spoiler:
    Show
    Where NEARLY ALL human based titans came from the same village, perhaps the village was subject to some kind of mass genocide?

ReputationRep:
    Spoilers!!!!

Hide it in the spoiler tag

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hmm well it's interesting since they appeared out of nowhere they could be an experiment gone wrong or something. They don't need to eat humans but hate them so either just enjoy squashing them like bugs or have some grudge like you said. The ape titan is very very smart though and seems very powerful, I think there's more titans that are possibly scientists etc. The titans in the wall I have no clue the church is in on the idea but it's just bizarre why you'd have them there...your explanation is the only thing that I think it could be, some sort of testing etc

Nonono at least a few more years I think 11-12 chapters a year so I'd say 2-3 years :yep:
    I'll have to check the anime out then but I love the first opening :coma:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yeah apparently they believe there way is the right one but it just doesn't make sense to me right now who they are and why they're doing this. A lot of loose strings to tie up soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just thinking about how long its gonna take is killing me!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think that whoever created the titans thought of it as a disaster to unite humans. If you remember early on they had a conversation about that. And so they wanted an external disaster but at the same time wanted some humans to remain so they created the walls. And when humanity failed to improve they thought they might as well wipe them out. Wonder if there are any other human settlements out there??

ReputationRep:
    Unless of course (more pure speculation);

Spoiler:
    Show
    Where NEARLY ALL human based titans came from the same village, perhaps the village was subject to some kind of mass genocide?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    you're focusing a lot on the titans being the poor ones but I don't know of that's very plausible they may have been an ancient race that was awoken or just a freak experiment. We'll find out soon!

Just thinking about how long its gonna take is killing me!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think that whoever created the titans thought of it as a disaster to unite humans. If you remember early on they had a conversation about that. And so they wanted an external disaster but at the same time wanted some humans to remain so they created the walls. And when humanity failed to improve they thought they might as well wipe them out. Wonder if there are any other human settlements out there??
    I know that's why I wanted weekly! :fuhrer:

Spoiler:
    Show
    if that's true then they went a little overboard because most humans are now dead
    The titans in the wall would make sense if they served as a purpose to see if humans could protect it and if not then they get killed. I don't think they'll be any settlements left because of the brutal nature of the titans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by GalaxygunnerX)
    It is licensed, directly from shonen jump and VIZ media, both the English and Japanese mangas of Jako have finished, also in the magazine they said that the volume should come around January. No info on an anime though.

To those who haven't read the manga of Jako (the one by the DBZ creator/Akira toriyama) I can reveal that it is not a sequel to dragon ball or even a spiritual successor to dragonball, you may see some dragon ball references here and there but its a completely different story line. It's like Cowa! And Sand-Land
    Meh, I say licensed, I mean published as a volume - I use the two interchangeably, since the whole digital manga thing is relatively new, and not something I've really paid much attention to. My bad. Good to know it'll be out in January, I might consider it then. First time I've seen info on Manga Updates that was inaccurate/out of date, but the site is open to editing by anyone, I suppose. :dontknow:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    by the way i cant believe you can still fit more manga in that room of yours :p:
    ...and since I can't resist any excuse to share photos of my collection, here's two ways I've come up with to fit in new volumes :giggle::

Manga galore
    The space on top of a book shelf also functions as a shelf quite nicely... and who needs book ends when you can just pile a load of manga either side instead?

Secondly, it isn't pretty, but there was space in front of Rave Master for another 40-odd volumes, so I had a bit of a move around.

*realises that both these places are looking pretty full already...*

ReputationRep:
    ...and since I can't resist any excuse to share photos of my collection, here's two ways I've come up with to fit in new volumes :giggle::

Manga galore
    The space on top of a book shelf also functions as a shelf quite nicely... and who needs book ends when you can just pile a load of manga either side instead?

Secondly, it isn't pretty, but there was space in front of Rave Master for another 40-odd volumes, so I had a bit of a move around.

*realises that both these places are looking pretty full already...*
    ah i see, looking good

as i dont collect manga anymore theyre all stored in a couple of boxes and a few of my drawers :sadnod: i usually bring my collection to uni but since i dont read them these days, this year ive only brought along my Love Hina manga maybe I should have brought GTO as well :beard:

ReputationRep:
    just read the latest Kimi no Iru Machi chapter, could it be back to drama :eek: after like 50 chapters of slice of life :p: not that im not enjoying that stuff but its finally getting back to something more serious :beard:

the Yahari Ore no Seishun.. OVA was flipping hilarious :rofl: ahh i want a 2nd season :woo:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.