Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    just read the latest Kimi no Iru Machi chapter, could it be back to drama :eek: after like 50 chapters of slice of life :p: not that im not enjoying that stuff but its finally getting back to something more serious :beard:

the Yahari Ore no Seishun.. OVA was flipping hilarious :rofl: ahh i want a 2nd season :woo:
    yhh i haven't seen the ova but i really enjoyed the anime
    it's fairly unique i suppose and the way Hikki thinks is just so funny xD
    i want a second season too =[

ReputationRep:
    It has come to that time of the year where I barely have time for anime any more. Might pick up something new in a few weeks, and I heard it's going to be at least two years till AOT comes back. Well at least it's worth the wait.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll have time for much anime as well now, just started uni this week and already the amount of contact hours + outside study hours is immense. Gonna keep the passion alive through my uni's anime soc, which I just joined yesterday First meet isn't till next Tuesday though, looking forward to meeting like minded people!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've booked this Monday and the Monday after off as annual leave, giving me two long weekends, for the sole purpose of watching more anime. :proud: Specifically, watching all the first episodes of the new season's anime, the remainder of Legend of the Galactic Heroes (only 25 eps to go now), and a few movies and OVAs I've had lying around for too long. Anything else I manage to fit in will just be a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone happen to catch Coppelion? I watched the first episode and think it's a really interesting concept and may turn out to be quite dark.

This season i'm most looking forward to Infinite Stratos 2
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Jamie.12345:)
    Did anyone happen to catch Coppelion? I watched the first episode and think it's a really interesting concept and may turn out to be quite dark.

Yeah, I was impressed with it too. :yes: A good start to the Autumn season!

The series I'm most looking forward to this season would be Phi Brain S3; out of the non-sequel series, Pupa looks most promising IMO.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

The series I'm most looking forward to this season would be Phi Brain S3; out of the non-sequel series, Pupa looks most promising IMO.
    I'm in the market for new anime so I'll be going through this thread, this weekend to see what looks interesting

ReputationRep:

Coppelion had that dystopian feel to it and that's something I really dig.

Pupa looks promising I have read a vol. of the manga and really enjoyed it. IMO there hasn't been a decent horror anime since Another, I hope this one will end that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie.12345:)

Yeah I started watching it. I like it so far and it defo has potential.

I'm seriously looking forward to kuroko no basuke season 2 :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I've booked this Monday and the Monday after off as annual leave, giving me two long weekends, for the sole purpose of watching more anime. :proud: Specifically, watching all the first episodes of the new season's anime, the remainder of Legend of the Galactic Heroes (only 25 eps to go now), and a few movies and OVAs I've had lying around for too long. Anything else I manage to fit in will just be a bonus.
    :poke: do you like the series?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    :poke: do you like the series?
    LOGH? Yeah, I've not watched many series with such large casts of complex characters before, but it's been really interesting. It's slow-paced, yet there always seems to be plenty going on in each episode. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Coppelion is off to a good start with an first episode that held my attention for the entire duration. Looks muchos interesting indeed.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Have they relaxed the laws on pantyshots in anime again? Because for at least a year they've been 'conveniently censored', or avoided completely, but they seem to be back with a vengeance this season... :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Have they relaxed the laws on pantyshots in anime again? Because for at least a year they've been 'conveniently censored', or avoided completely, but they seem to be back with a vengeance this season... :lolwut:
    I thought that was just to entice people to buy the slightly more explicit blu ray version. Maybe sales have been low so they brought he, back for the tv release.:dontknow:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    I thought that was just to entice people to buy the slightly more explicit blu ray version. Maybe sales have been low so they brought he, back for the tv release.:dontknow:
    No doubt that's part of it, but I know there was talk of various laws/bills to do with censorship of TV anime being talked about while I was studying my MSc (round about 2010/11). I didn't pay a huge amount of attention, but the next thing I know, all pantyshots seemed to be censored (have been for at least a year, I believe). Unless multiple studios simply had the same idea about promoting their BD/DVD releases at around the same time, and stopped doing it at the same time as well? :dontknow:

Not that it really matters, I was just shocked to see that level of fanservice after such a long time. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Who has read chapter 50 of Attack On Titan yet?!
    ZOMG, so GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Why did the titans devour the smiling titan?!

RIP...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie; I'd already read the light novel, so it was nothing new story-wise, but it was nice to see it animated. :yes: Better paced than the TV adaptations of other arcs were, in my opinion, though it did have two and a half hours (equivalent to about 8 episodes) to play with!

ReputationRep:
    Surprised no one is talking about the new chapter of Attack On Titan yet. =l

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Surprised no one is talking about the new chapter of Attack On Titan yet. =l
    Haha I'll talk about it. It was awesome I'm too impatient to wait for the next season that I'm reading the manga now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Watched The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya movie; I'd already read the light novel, so it was nothing new story-wise, but it was nice to see it animated. :yes: Better paced than the TV adaptations of other arcs were, in my opinion, though it did have two and a half hours (equivalent to about 8 episodes) to play with!
    The film is brilliant, it's my 2nd favorite anime film, Behind K-on! Now you have watched the film you should give​The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-Chan a read, its a spin-off to the film, kind of?:confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.