The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vin

One thing that made me :giggle: was that they were exploring a radioactive city and the most suitable clothing was obviously their school uniform. :tongue:

You wanna see inappropriate clothing... just watch strike witches, apparently its normal for a soldier to wear just a t-shirt and insanely tight underwear.

I did think coppelion was good though, the portrayed the whole dystopia style really well
Reply 5661
Original post by BreakingBad17456
Whats your favorite anime? and Why?

I'm gonna be a typical girl here and say one of my faves is Nana :daydreaming:

But I've always loved Katekyo Hitman Reborn as well. And this season I really enjoyed watashi ga motenai...The main girl is hilarious!

I love the school days ending as well just because it's so retarded and never fails to make me laugh :rofl2:
(edited 10 years ago)

probably Great Teacher Onizuka, great drama and comedy, the main character was just awesome, how he manages to tame those kids, those moments when he just comes in with something epic, and also hilarious at times :biggrin:
Reply 5663

FMA:B, I love the characters, the plot, the animation, the soundtrack....basically everything. :redface:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
If I had to choose just one, probably Baccano! I've said series like Haibane Renmei and Steins;Gate in the past (and would still recommend the hell out of both), and if you asked me again in a year I'd probably give a completely different answer. Still, the more I think about it, Baccano! is probably the least flawed, best paced series I've ever seen, and has a really interesting plot and cast of characters too. :biggrin:
Currently watching Baccano! and I agree with this. :smile:

Personal favourite has to be Angel Beats. If I remember correctly it's the only thing I've ever watched (anime or otherwise) that has nearly made me cry.
watched the first ep of Walkure Romanze, feels like a pretty standard eroge adaptation but the joust theme makes it slightly more interesting :beard:

gona be watching Baccano! at my uni anisoc tonight :teeth:
Original post by eugenius 8
watched the first ep of Walkure Romanze, feels like a pretty standard eroge adaptation but the joust theme makes it slightly more interesting :beard:

Sticking with it then? :smile: I watched it and felt it was quite entertaining to be fair.
Reply 5668
Does anyone feel log horizon is just gonna be a SAO ripoff? :erm: I hope not.
Original post by Tai Ga
Does anyone feel log horizon is just gonna be a SAO ripoff? :erm: I hope not.

TBH, the SAO idea has been recycled so much, I don't think anyone actually knows where it started. =P
just got back from anisoc, saw the first 2 eps of Baccano! was confusing but entertaining, had it on my hard drive since it came out but never watched it :redface:

same with Fate/Zero lol, which i watched the first long ep there, its not the type of show i would usually watch but it ended up being quite interesting :smile: anyone whos seen it and the sequel, would it be a good idea to watch the sequel alongside it? should i even bother with the sequel? i heard its no way near as good

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Sticking with it then? :smile: I watched it and felt it was quite entertaining to be fair.

yeah, i did quite enjoy it and it is my kind of show :p:
same with Fate/Zero lol, which i watched the first long ep there, its not the type of show i would usually watch but it ended up being quite interesting :smile: anyone whos seen it and the sequel, would it be a good idea to watch the sequel alongside it? should i even bother with the sequel? i heard its no way near as good

If by sequel you mean Fate/Zero 2, it's more of a direct continuation than a sequel - the only reason it was split into two halves was because the studio (ufotable) needed extra time to work on the awesome animation. Watching it alongside Fate/Zero would just result in a load of spoilers, and I'd be surprised if your anime soc doesn't show it after the first half finishes anyway.

If you meant Fate/Stay Night... up to you really, but it's not fantastic. ufotable are currently working on some kind of F/SN project, though, which I'll definitely be checking out when it comes. :biggrin:
If by sequel you mean Fate/Zero 2, it's more of a direct continuation than a sequel - the only reason it was split into two halves was because the studio (ufotable) needed extra time to work on the awesome animation. Watching it alongside Fate/Zero would just result in a load of spoilers, and I'd be surprised if your anime soc doesn't show it after the first half finishes anyway.

If you meant Fate/Stay Night... up to you really, but it's not fantastic. ufotable are currently working on some kind of F/SN project, though, which I'll definitely be checking out when it comes. :biggrin:

ah forgot about Fate/Zero 2, yeah i meant Fate/Stay Night :p: ah right i see, do you think i would have a better understanding of Fate/Zero if i watched Fate/Stay Night?
ah forgot about Fate/Zero 2, yeah i meant Fate/Stay Night :p: ah right i see, do you think i would have a better understanding of Fate/Zero if i watched Fate/Stay Night?

Some parts, perhaps, though I thought Fate/Zero did a better job of introducing the different rules and factions involved in the Grail war. Fate/Stay Night confused me more than anything, I just watched it for the action. :giggle: And since /Zero is a prequel, /Stay Night wouldn't even give you any back story. :nah:
Some parts, perhaps, though I thought Fate/Zero did a better job of introducing the different rules and factions involved in the Grail war. Fate/Stay Night confused me more than anything, I just watched it for the action. :giggle: And since /Zero is a prequel, /Stay Night wouldn't even give you any back story. :nah:

oh ok, think i'll just skip it then :p:

bah i wana watch more Fate/Zero :p: maybe i should just watch it and skip my future anisoc meetings :ninja:
(edited 10 years ago)
well Non Non Biyori was a nice and calm watch even though nothing much happened in it :h:
Reply 5676

Clannad for dem feels.

If 5cm per second counts, that's there too. It has the most beautiful animation I've seen by a long way.

One Piece for dat epicness.
A potentially new Sky anime channel (General Easter Asian though, however, will include anime). Read link to understand. XD

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2013-10-08/east-asia-television-channel-launching-2014-including-anime
Watched first episode of Attack on Titan today, I think the hype has ruined it for me and I wasn't that impressed overall :confused:

Latest