Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Kill la Kill is a cool series. The main characters having a permanant ":unimpressed:"look. :giggle:

But I get the feeling whoever designed those uniforms is probably the type who creates the questionable oblivion/skyrim "armour". :hmmm:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    got it :p:

just watched the latest Ippo, ohh Aoki :rofl2:
    The weight gain and loss was great. I rarely laugh out loud when I watch anime, usually breaking a slight smile at best, but this episode did it. :giggle:

(Original post by vin)
    Kill la Kill is a cool series. The main characters having a permanant ":unimpressed:"look. :giggle:

But I get the feeling whoever designed those uniforms is probably the type who creates the questionable oblivion/skyrim "armour". :hmmm:
    Can't comment on the questionable Oblivion/Skyrim armour, but clearly they know how to offer fan service. Kill la Kill is awesome, though. A TTGL and FLCL hybrid. :yes:

Also, why weren't you on Skype? :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone actually tell me what this anime is about?
    I can't read/understand anything...

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Can anyone actually tell me what this anime is about?
    I can't read/understand anything...
    I found the ANN page easily enough (it's a movie called Sakasama no Patema), but the synopsis tells us less than the trailer. :p: I'm not surprised by the lack of info if it hasn't even premiered in Japan yet, though, and it could be a lot longer before it gets released on disc and subsequently fansubbed/licensed. :sadnod:

[EDIT] Looks like there's a collection of short OVAs out that are subbed, though. A prologue to the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    I liked Gundam 00, the 3 new mechs that they added in season 2 were sick. The movie sucked though. I probably wont watch another series, seems like its just the same. Well I guess you could say that about Yugioh lol. Are you watching the new Gundam series, it reminds me of custom robo?
    Gunpla builders? Yeah. I even have the strike custom as a model :ahee: as I said, I am addicted to all things gundam

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Bought volumes 9 and 10 of Kaoru Mori's Emma (FINALLY completing the series), which cost £50 and £27 respectively. Possibly my most expensive series to date, and definitely the most expensive per volume. So I thought, whatever series I end up starting next, I'd better make sure it's a cheap one.

However, I just found out how much volume 9 of Twin Spica sells for... over £100 new, and not a lot cheaper used. :zomg: *is up to volume 8* Got fooled into thinking it was cheap by Amazon, which lists it for a reasonable £7.99 - out of stock until further notice, of course. :rolleyes: Good job I like the series. :p: It still amazes me that something published two years ago is now rare enough to demand such high prices, they can't have printed many!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Bought volumes 9 and 10 of Kaoru Mori's Emma (FINALLY completing the series), which cost £50 and £27 respectively. Possibly my most expensive series to date, and definitely the most expensive per volume. So I thought, whatever series I end up starting next, I'd better make sure it's a cheap one.

However, I just found out how much volume 9 of Twin Spica sells for... over £100 new, and not a lot cheaper used. :zomg: *is up to volume 8* Got fooled into thinking it was cheap by Amazon, which lists it for a reasonable £7.99 - out of stock until further notice, of course. :rolleyes: Good job I like the series. :p: It still amazes me that something published two years ago is now rare enough to demand such high prices, they can't have printed many!
    90% off, no wonder it's out of stock and usually when they say "we'll email when it's back in stock" it never comes back in stock XD.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    90% off, no wonder it's out of stock and usually when they say "we'll email when it's back in stock" it never comes back in stock XD.
    AND they have the cheek to offer people an 85p gift card if they trade their copies in. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    ahh Non Non Biyori gets more adorable by the ep :pinch: its becoming one of my faves this season :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, new anime streaming website has been set up YESTERDAY, so, it currently only has 2 anime on it so far but has a schedule.

I personally will keep an eye on this so, I may consider subscribing. =)

Link: http://www.wakanim.co.uk/catalogue

Also, is it just me or does the main character from Samurai Flamenco look like Shaoron from Tsubasa?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, new anime streaming website has been set up YESTERDAY, so, it currently only has 2 anime on it so far but has a schedule.

I personally will keep an eye on this so, I may consider subscribing. =)

Link: http://www.wakanim.co.uk/catalogue

Also, is it just me or does the main character from Samurai Flamenco look like Shaoron from Tsubasa?
    Nothing will fill the gap that animecrazy has left XD.

ReputationRep:
    I just realised how wrong openings/endings look without text. =l
    Just tried out the extras in my Blu Ray and it looks so wrong given it is just so different to what I'm used to...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Live-eviL are releasing Record of Lodoss War in 720p. :coma: I needed an excuse to revisit that series.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I just realised how wrong openings/endings look without text. =l
    Just tried out the extras in my Blu Ray and it looks so wrong given it is just so different to what I'm used to...
    Text? Are you referring to the staff credits? I've never seen an opening/ending without them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    damn, Unbreakable Machine-Doll is getting good :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Text? Are you referring to the staff credits? I've never seen an opening/ending without them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, more or less. =l
    Bought a Blu Ray and you know most or all Blu Rays allow you to view the opening and endings of the anime in question without credits, it looked kinda wrong, almost naked...

Also, who is everyone's alround favourite anime character?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    damn, Unbreakable Machine-Doll is getting good :teeth:
    I was meaning to watch this yesterday, along with Arpeggio, but got distracted and didn't watch either. Will see it tonight. :teeth:

Yes, more or less. =l
    Bought a Blu Ray and you know most or all Blu Rays allow you to view the opening and endings of the anime in question without credits, it looked kinda wrong, almost naked...

Ah, I've never bought an anime blu-ray. Admittedly, I haven't bought many DVDs either. The majority of my "collection", if you can even call it that, are old VHSs.

As for a favourite character, I'd find it impossible to select just one, but I do have a list on A-P:

http://www.anime-planet.com/users/Ma...ves/characters
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yes, more or less. =l

Also have an A-P list, but if I had to pick just one character, at the moment it'd be Hato-kun (possibly only because Genshiken Nidaime recently ended). :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you guys know, Animax is doing making a UK based site and the first couple of weeks it is open, it will be entirely free.
    Opens THIS FRIDAY.

Link to where I got info from:
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...mand-on-friday

ReputationRep:
    Any recommended anime for someone who liked:

Death Note
    Code Geass
    Baccano!
    Monster

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.