Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'll be trying Plastic Nee-san next, which seems pretty highly rated as far as shorts go.
    Didn't bother to check the torrent beforehand; as with a lot of shorts, it was released back to back as one file instead of as 12 separate short eps. :s: It'd probably be too ecchi to show anyway, unless Aberanime standards have dropped over the last 3 years. :p: I enjoyed it, though. :giggle:

Weiss Survive next...

ReputationRep:
    Guys, was thinking about picking up Hellsing, is it any good?

ReputationRep:
    VN's coming onto steam :eek:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=191616515

Narcissu was one of the VN's on my list back when i was into them a few years back, might get back into them now :teeth:

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Anyone thinking of going to Hyper Japan in the summer?

Hyper Japan Video Clip from last time. =)

ooh was thinking about going to it this summer but was busy, might go next year if im free :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    VN's coming onto steam :eek:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=191616515

Narcissu was one of the VN's on my list back when i was into them a few years back, might get back into them now :teeth:

ooh was thinking about going to it this summer but was busy, might go next year if im free :beard:
    Well, it would be an awesome way to spend my student loan. =D
    Don't suppose you remember how much last year's ticket was do you? Ticket prices aren't up yet. =l

ReputationRep:
    Well, it would be an awesome way to spend my student loan. =D
    Don't suppose you remember how much last year's ticket was do you? Ticket prices aren't up yet. =l

£12 for advance tickets or £15 at the door
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Weiss Survive was terrible, but I'll take it along with the other shorts anyway. Depending on how many of the current Aberanime members are also card game players, they may find some entertainment value in it (though I spent most of the ~30 minutes of back to back short episodes cringing at the forced fanservice).

I'm a little more optimistic about Teekyuu, which is described by one reviewer on MAL as 'like some semi-toxic concoction of sugar, speed, and caffeine'. :awesome: There must be some reason why it's rated so low, however... we shall see. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Berserk to finally return god damn it's been a long wait.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...er-mini-series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Berserk to finally return god damn it's been a long wait.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...er-mini-series
    So if it's a monthly we're looking at another 6 odd months?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F_shakeey)
    So if it's a monthly we're looking at another 6 odd months?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Who knows. I'm just glad that one of the greatest manga's isn't going to end unfinished (Hopefully).

ReputationRep:
    Ok, when will Attack On Titan Chapter 51 be translated?! DX

It is online but I can't read Japanese! DX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Who knows. I'm just glad that one of the greatest manga's isn't going to end unfinished (Hopefully).
    That's true it's better than no news at all. I'm quite annoyed by the length of the hiatus though same with hunter x hunter. I think he got bored of or was getting braindead over berserk so needed a break and is doing a mini series to clear his mind anddo something different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Teekyuu was definitely my kind of short series. Think I'll go straight onto the second series before looking at other shorts, but I'll leave the currently airing third series for now, and marathon it when all the eps are out. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    what anime u peepz watching right now? come on keep me updated?

anything popular and as big as attack on titan right now to watch?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by study beats)
    what anime u peepz watching right now? come on keep me updated?

anything popular and as big as attack on titan right now to watch?
    I can't say there's anything that amazing airing this season - certainly nothing at the same level as Attack on Titan. :s:

Kill la Kill is probably getting the most hype, and would probably be my favourite of this season's anime if I had to choose just one, but it has its flaws. Very stylish, but very little substance. NouCome is good for a laugh. Yowamushi Pedal is a decent (if very standard and generic) shounen sport series. Coppelion and Samurai Flamenco have their moments, but both seem to be lacking something... and most of the other shows I picked up are average/guilty pleasures at best.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how long it takes to translate a chapter of Attack On Titan? =(
    Was hoping someone would translate it sometime overnight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I can't say there's anything that amazing airing this season - certainly nothing at the same level as Attack on Titan. :s:

Kill la Kill is probably getting the most hype, and would probably be my favourite of this season's anime if I had to choose just one, but it has its flaws. Very stylish, but very little substance. NouCome is good for a laugh. Yowamushi Pedal is a decent (if very standard and generic) shounen sport series. Coppelion and Samurai Flamenco have their moments, but both seem to be lacking something... and most of the other shows I picked up are average/guilty pleasures at best.
    ok ty

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by guilty pleasures?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    What do you mean by guilty pleasures?
    Series that are so bad they're good, or enjoyable purely because of their flaws, as opposed to actually having a decent plot or characters. Phi Brain would be the obvious example this season, for me at least - the anime is repetitive and ridiculous, yet here I am watching the third series, and looking forward to the next episode. :giggle: Meganebu! and Valvrave, too.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I think we all guessed what was going to happen in the newest series of Attack On Titan, whether it was sooner or later...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, when will Attack On Titan Chapter 51 be translated?! DX

It is online but I can't read Japanese! DX
    It's out

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.