The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what anime u peepz watching right now? come on keep me updated?

anything popular and as big as attack on titan right now to watch?
Original post by study beats
what anime u peepz watching right now? come on keep me updated?

anything popular and as big as attack on titan right now to watch?

I can't say there's anything that amazing airing this season - certainly nothing at the same level as Attack on Titan. :s:

Kill la Kill is probably getting the most hype, and would probably be my favourite of this season's anime if I had to choose just one, but it has its flaws. Very stylish, but very little substance. NouCome is good for a laugh. Yowamushi Pedal is a decent (if very standard and generic) shounen sport series. Coppelion and Samurai Flamenco have their moments, but both seem to be lacking something... and most of the other shows I picked up are average/guilty pleasures at best.
Does anyone know how long it takes to translate a chapter of Attack On Titan? =(
Was hoping someone would translate it sometime overnight...
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I can't say there's anything that amazing airing this season - certainly nothing at the same level as Attack on Titan. :s:

Kill la Kill is probably getting the most hype, and would probably be my favourite of this season's anime if I had to choose just one, but it has its flaws. Very stylish, but very little substance. NouCome is good for a laugh. Yowamushi Pedal is a decent (if very standard and generic) shounen sport series. Coppelion and Samurai Flamenco have their moments, but both seem to be lacking something... and most of the other shows I picked up are average/guilty pleasures at best.

ok ty
What do you mean by guilty pleasures?
Original post by Dr Tenacious
What do you mean by guilty pleasures?

Series that are so bad they're good, or enjoyable purely because of their flaws, as opposed to actually having a decent plot or characters. Phi Brain would be the obvious example this season, for me at least - the anime is repetitive and ridiculous, yet here I am watching the third series, and looking forward to the next episode. :giggle: Meganebu! and Valvrave, too.
Ok, I think we all guessed what was going to happen in the newest series of Attack On Titan, whether it was sooner or later...
Original post by Scienceisgood
Ok, when will Attack On Titan Chapter 51 be translated?! DX

It is online but I can't read Japanese! DX

It's out :tongue:
Anyone watch The Legend Of Korra?
Ok, I think we all guessed what was going to happen in the newest series of Attack On Titan, whether it was sooner or later...

There was a second season of Attack On Titan?!

:hmmmm2:

Original post by IdeasForLife

Not personally, no. And it technically isn't anime, either.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
x

I'll look up exactly what defines an anime then split my animes from the non-animes :biggrin:
Chocolate Underground wasn't bad. Clearly aimed at younger audiences, but at least it had a running plot, whereas most of the shorts I've seen have been hyperactive, nonsensical comedies.

Next up: Double-J. Which looks like a hyperactive, nonsensical comedy. :p:

I watched the 1st season and it was okay, not as great as the original. Comes 2nd season and I've only watched the first couple of episodes and dropped it afterwards. All the show has become is some ****ty romance crap.

Erwin, that guy is definitely up to something :biggrin:.
Reply 5913

I watched the first season and it was okay. Come the second season I got bored after the first two episodes, not sure if I will continue lol.
Reply 5914
Original post by eugenius 8
Aoki's special move :awesome: only he could think up of something like that :rolleyes: and the other guy the 2nd time round :toofunny: :facepalm2:

Indeed, what a stupid move :rofl: and whats worse is that he managed to get away with it twice. XD
Original post by vin
Indeed, what a stupid move :rofl: and whats worse is that he managed to get away with it twice. XD

theyre as stupid as each other :mmm:

today's ep

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Double-J was a bit too random, and not as funny as the likes of Gag Manga Biyori or Di Gi Charat, IMO. Don't think I'll bother taking it to Aber, as I'm running out of free disk space. I'd be willing to make room for a decent short, though, so I'll keep searching. :yes: Next up is the fairly recent Aiura. :biggrin:
Been watching some more of Code Geass to pass the time and its not too bad but..

Spoiler

Rant over :biggrin:
ah Suzaku :rolleyes: all i remember about him in Code Geass was how much of a bellend he was :laugh:
Aiura was meh. I'll give Yurumates 3D a shot next; I watched the first Yurumates OVA a few years ago, and didn't think much of it, but maybe it'll work better as a series of shorts? :dontknow:

Latest