Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hmm, you've watched most of the obvious ones that sprang to mind... maybe one of the following? They all made my top 50 anime. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Bokurano
    Shin Sekai Yori looks like it's really good thanks .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Shin Sekai Yori looks like it's really good thanks .
    My local anime club has been watching that, and it's been pretty good so far (if you ask me). It doesn't have that much straight-up shock horror but it does a good line in a creeping sense of wrongness and in nasty, queasy situations.

ReputationRep:
    How can companies justify the extortionate prices of anime Blu Rays?!...

It is nearly £80 for the whole series of SAO... (with NUS discount, £73.11)...
    Blue Exorcist is slightly more reasonable at £47.13 (with my NUS discount), which is just under £2 an ep. as expected.

Although, I managed to buy FMAB for less than £50... (64 eps...),much more reasonable pricing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)

It is nearly £80 for the whole series of SAO... (with NUS discount, £73.11)...
    Blue Exorcist is slightly more reasonable at £47.13 (with my NUS discount), which is just under £2 an ep. as expected.

Although, I managed to buy FMAB for less than £50... (64 eps...),much more reasonable pricing...

Where did you see this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Where did you see this?
    See what?
    FMAB?

I bought half of the series from play.com and the other half from amazon.
    Saved myself about £10 that way round.

ReputationRep:
    When I bought the series, I could buy the second half of the series for £28.25
    I bought the first half of the series from play.com at £24.20

Add these together and it comes to £52.45
    Taking into account my NUS discount, this reduced the price to JUST below £50 (£49.83).

EDIT:
    My grammar was terrible and thus it was compulsory I amend it...

ReputationRep:
    I've finally managed to watch Durarara!!

Shizuo is really...cool.

Has the magi series improved somewhat? I watched it last time and certainly didn't think it was 'bad' by any means, but I can't bring myself to start on the second season...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by perrytheplatypus)
    Has the magi series improved somewhat? I watched it last time and certainly didn't think it was 'bad' by any means, but I can't bring myself to start on the second season...
    I wouldn't say it's improved at all (yet), though it hasn't gotten any worse either IMO. It's stayed fairly consistent. :yes: Entertaining each week, but far from the best thing I'm watching.

ReputationRep:
    Just finished Another as I was craving some horror and it looked fairly interesting. It was quite unexpected.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    The whole story itself I'd say has been pretty good, especially the killings, some of them looked really painful. However the story itself I have some issues with. The whole reveal of the "Dead one" was just like one of those reveals where you think it's one person (Misaki) and it turns out to be someone completely different that you wouldn't even consider. The were no hints at all and it didn't have much of an impact on me to be honest.

Overall a decent horror, has an effective way a inducing fear which aren't cheap jumpscares at every corner and it keeps suspense high. Worth a watch if you want to see a horror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Hmm, you've watched most of the obvious ones that sprang to mind... maybe one of the following? They all made my top 50 anime. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Bokurano
    Lol I remember when I was one of the few watching shin Sekai yori out of a large group and the others dropped it and then when the ending hit I was like daaamn and told em all to watch it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Lol I remember when I was one of the few watching shin Sekai yori out of a large group and the others dropped it and then when the ending hit I was like daaamn and told em all to watch it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The first half of the series was certainly good enough to pique my curiosity - though it was slow-paced and nothing particularly scary happened, I thought it did a great job of developing the setting, and that unnerving sense that something is horribly wrong behind the scenes of their peaceful 'utopia'. But yeah, it wasn't until nearer the end that I felt the need to recommend it to virtually everyone I saw. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Guys, am strongly considering getting Blue Exorcist on Blu Ray, but, I don't particularly like the cover art on the definitive edition (on amazon link)...

Is there any difference between the two below?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blue-Exorc...item51b5b51421

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Exorcis...=blue+exorcist

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else seen the small clip of SAO OVA released on New Year?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, we finally have a trailer for "Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's lost property's "Final" film"!

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ailer-streamed

Video if you just want that:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone read vagabond? I decided to give it a try and have read the first 36 chapters, seems like a great read

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, we finally have a trailer for "Sora no Otoshimono/Heaven's lost property's "Final" film"!

Link: http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...ailer-streamed
    I'd have preferred a third season, but another movie is fine too! I remember being quite excited for the first one
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    That's exactly why I limit myself to what I can find for under £20 in HMV and what's put up on Crunchyroll . My physical DVD collection should be so much bigger than it actually is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Been watching One Outs and really enjoying it so far. It's about baseball (which I know nothing about) but it focuses on the psychological side with tactics and such. Most sports series tend to be pretty formulaic so it's good to find something a little bit different.

ReputationRep:
    feck me what an ep of naruto :dice: who would have believed it was him behind that mask :eek: and going into war just cos of breaking a promise jeez

finished Outbreak Company :sad: its been a really fun watch :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    feck me what an ep of naruto :dice: who would have believed it was him behind that mask :eek: and going into war just cos of breaking a promise jeez

finished Outbreak Company :sad: its been a really fun watch :yep:
    When it was revealed in the manga apparently it was trending on Twitter .

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.