Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    New Identify the Anime thread (and one that AJ can participate in!):

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2552239

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, since 2013 is now well and truly behind us, what was your most listened to anime op/ed (of 2013)? =l
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Well guys, since 2013 is now well and truly behind us, what was your most listened to anime op/ed? =l
    From last year's anime, presumably? If so, probably Crowds (Gatchaman Crowds) for OP:

and Unknown Vision (Maoyuu Maou Yuusha) for ED.

ReputationRep:
    My Soul, Your Beats! (Angel Beats!)

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, since 2013 is now well and truly behind us, what was your most listened to anime op/ed (of 2013)? =l
    Definitely Bluebird from Naruto Shipudden for Opening and Attack on Titan.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    From 2013, in no particular order:

OPs:

EDs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Yeah, Toradora is easily one of my favourite romance series to come out in recent years, and this is coming from someone who typically favours shoujo series from the genre. As mentioned in an earlier post, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo was a real standout for me this year and easily rivals Toradora in achieving what you've mentioned. I would definitely recommend it.
    I've watched that before I watche toradora and yh it was really good too but I think the story and drama was better in toradora. Are they getting a second season with Sakurasou?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I've made a start on Gatchaman Crowds and I love how gung-ho and eccentric the female lead, Hajime, is. I found her personality a bit annoying at first, but once you start to adjust to her bouts of enthusiasm and positivity, you start to see someone who is rather refreshing and potentially complex. I like that she has an artistic side too. :giggle:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I've watched that before I watche toradora and yh it was really good too but I think the story and drama was better in toradora. Are they getting a second season with Sakurasou?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, possibly. It's been a while since I've seen Toradora as I watched it when it aired.

As for whether Sakurasou will get a second season, possible but unlikely, I think. The light novel would need to progress considerably before a second season would be considered. That and the television ratings of the first season were reasonable from what I can remember, but nothing amazing. If a second season were to happen, probably not this year, but the next. That's just a wild guess, though.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I've made a start on Gatchaman Crowds and I love how gung-ho and eccentric the female lead, Hajime, is. I found her personality a bit annoying at first, but once you start to adjust to her bouts of enthusiasm and positivity, you start to see someone who is rather refreshing and potentially complex. I like that she has an artistic side too. :giggle:
    My initial reaction to Hajime was similar, but there's definitely more to her than the usual genki girl anime trope. :yes: Definitely one of the most memorable protagonists of the year for me.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of NoruGami?

ReputationRep:
    Just realised you meant series from 2013, not ones I watched in 2013

I don't think I've actually watched any series which have aired in 2013. My backlogs too large and at the speed I watch anime I don't think I'll ever get round to doing so.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the latest SAO special?

Have just downloaded with the intent to watch it tomorrow morning. =l

ReputationRep:
    Ok, even though I said I would watch it tomorrow, I JUST finished it (skipped the whole memory rubbish, literally the exact same stuff as the SAO episodes...)

The last 8 seconds of it give you a small (SMALL) glimpse to the next series.
    Even though you knew it was bound to happen half way through. =l

Best bit is in the last 20 mins or so though IMO.

Rating - 6.5/10
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    My initial reaction to Hajime was similar, but there's definitely more to her than the usual genki girl anime trope. :yes: Definitely one of the most memorable protagonists of the year for me.
    Yup, definitely. It's difficult not to remember her. :giggle:

(Original post by SyedaK)
    What do you guys think of NoruGami?
    I haven't read the manga, but I'm looking forward to the anime adaptation. :yes:

Ok, even though I said I would watch it tomorrow, I JUST finished it (skipped the whole memory rubbish, literally the exact same stuff as the SAO episodes...)

The last 8 seconds of it give you a small (SMALL) glimpse to the next series.
    Even though you knew it was bound to happen half way through. =l

Best bit is in the last 20 mins or so though IMO.

Rating - 6.5/10
    Essentially a recap of sorts then? I was thinking of revisiting SAO at some point, so maybe this special will suffice.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

This is definitely going to be the dandiest series of the season. :awesome:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)

This is definitely going to be the dandiest series of the season. :awesome:
    :hmmmm2:

:zomg:

BRB, I've got a competition to win.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone seen the special of SAO yet?
    If so, what did you think of it?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :hmmmm2:

:zomg:

BRB, I've got a competition to win.
    Aha, I didn't see this post! :laugh: When posting this, I did think of the identify thread.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Anyone seen the special of SAO yet?
    If so, what did you think of it?
    Will watch it tonight and relay my thoughts after. :yes:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.