The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know if manga release was put on hold over new year or something?
Can't find this weeks chapter of Fairy Tail anywhere and it should have been released yesterday, is now 2:15pm the day after...
Reply 6281
Original post by Scienceisgood
Does anyone know if manga release was put on hold over new year or something?
Can't find this weeks chapter of Fairy Tail anywhere and it should have been released yesterday, is now 2:15pm the day after...

Whilst I can't speak for Fairy Tail specifically, it's very common for anime and manga to stall for the holiday festive season. Like here, things tend to go back to normal after the first week of January.
Reply 6282
Original post by Aiko
Gatchaman Crowds is such a bizarre anime. A twisted take on the ever popular superhero genre. The plot has direction of sorts, but equally, it's difficult to tell where they're planning to take this. Still, it's a very stylish anime. The female protagonist and the current antagonist are both insane, but in a good way. :tongue:

Spoiler

Edit:

Although, what a disappointing ending. It felt terribly rushed. It was almost as if the writers had intended this to be two seasons, but were then instructed to end it in one at short notice. Shame, the series had potential, but the abrupt ending has prohibited this. Nonetheless, was a fun anime to watch. Nothing too special, but certainly worth watching. :smile:

I really loved Gatchaman Crowds - had so many interesting ideas, great soundtrack, fun characters & I'm a big fan of Nakamura's vibrant directing style. But yes, the ending was exceptionally messy and weak, which was a great shame. Interestingly a second season has been given the go ahead, which makes the rushed ending all the more irritating. Still, I've got Gatchaman Crowds in my top 10 of the year, and am definitely looking forward to season 2.
Reply 6283
Original post by caraniel
I really loved Gatchaman Crowds - had so many interesting ideas, great soundtrack, fun characters & I'm a big fan of Nakamura's vibrant directing style. But yes, the ending was exceptionally messy and weak, which was a great shame. Interestingly a second season has been given the go ahead, which makes the rushed ending all the more irritating. Still, I've got Gatchaman Crowds in my top 10 of the year, and am definitely looking forward to season 2.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the soundtrack! It was really awesome. As someone who typically listens to electronic/dance music, it's right up my alley. :yes:

And this is precisely why I welcome your return to TSR, Cara. You can announce all of the sequels to me. :giggle: :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6284
Ok, some extremely brief impressions. Buddy Complex has potential. Witch Craft Works, not so much. Keeping both on for now.
The most stupid anime you've watched or were watching?

For me it's gotta be da capo I mean when I read the synopsis I thought "oh cool an anime where everyone on the island has cool physic powers or something" but then I watched like 15 eps and the plot development was slow and I dropped it. I still wonder how it managed to get 3 seasons...:confused:

Edit: not to mention the story was nothing like it was supposed to be in the synopsis

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Numan786
The most stupid anime you've watched or were watching?

For me it's gotta be da capo I mean when I read the synopsis I thought "oh cool an anime where everyone on the island has cool physic powers or something" but then I watched like 15 eps and the plot development was slow and I dropped it. I still wonder how it managed to get 3 seasons...:confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

C: The money of soul and possibility control.

Ah a cool anime about finance, economy, fighting and human nature. How wrong I was. Made no sense at all, poor fight scenes, poor writing and poor for making me watch several episodes in the hope that it gets better.
Reply 6287
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, I forgot to mention the soundtrack! It was really awesome. As someone who typically listens to electronic/dance music, it's right up my alley. :yes:

And this is precisely why I welcome your return to TSR, Cara. You can announce all of the sequels to me. :giggle: :tongue:

I love that OST to bits - The Unbeatable Network is fantastic in addition to this of course

GATCHAMAAAAAN~!

I do like to be up to date on all the latest news.......speaking of which - MUSHISHI S2 IN SPRING~!!!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6288
Original post by caraniel
I love that OST to bits - The Unbeatable Network is fantastic in addition to this of course

GATCHAMAAAAAN~!

Yeah, since finishing the anime, I've downloaded the album and have been listening to it all day. I like all of the tracks, but I think my favourite for the time being is probably Music Goes On. And here I thought nothing would come close to Shingeki no Kyojin's or Kill la Kill's OSTs for 2013.

I do like to be up to date on all the latest news.......speaking of which - MUSHISHI S2 IN SPRING~!!!

So do I, to be honest. I guess I've just been slacking lately due to other commitments. :redface: I should really start visiting ANN more. I tend to rely more on Japanese sources like Animeanime.jp, but honestly, I think ANN is actually better.

And yes, good news about Mushishi. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6289
Log Horizon Episode 14:

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6290
I've posted extra pictures for numbers left unanswered in my Identify the Anime thread:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2552239&page=3&p=45825073#post45825073
Ok, after making my way back to my student accommodation (exam in a couple of days...), I was exhausted (carrying 2 airport carrier luggage things that were full, a big and a mini one...)and because I couldn't even think let alone revise, chose anime...

Looked up this season's anime and found one which aired yesterday and decided to watch it (the idea of a possession anime made me think I haven't watched that sort before)...
You know that feeling you get when you think "What the hell did I just watch?..." - imagine his but a billion times amplified...

People, stay WELL away from "Recently, my sister is unusual"...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6292
Ok, after making my way back to my student accommodation (exam in a couple of days...), I was exhausted (carrying 2 airport carrier luggage things that were full, a big and a mini one...)and because I couldn't even think let alone revise, chose anime...

Looked up this season's anime and found one which aired yesterday and decided to watch it (the idea of a possession anime made me think I haven't watched that sort before)...
You know that feeling you get when you think "What the hell did I just watch?..." - imagine his but a billion times amplified...

Tbf, you should know what to expect from the title - any anime with the word 'sister' in the title is going to be a no-no.
epic Ippo
Whoever just repped me, thanks for helping me get to +5.:smile:

I got to 7 minutes, it was all I could handle XD.
Original post by Dilzo999
I got to 7 minutes, it was all I could handle XD.

Your lucky you didn't get to the chastity belt scene 12 mins in...
Or the self touching scene seconds after that...

Highschool DXD seems tame compared to this anime...

Small snipit of the anime (no, it is not dirty, it is script, no image...)

Spoiler

In short, it is one of those animes which should never see the light of day, or to say the least make sure no one knows you watch it or no one sees you watch it...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6297
I found ImoCho enjoyable, funnily enough. I'll think I'll keep it on as well. My tolerance knows no bounds, I guess. It's one of the main reasons why I've seen so much. :giggle:
Reply 6298
Original post by eugenius 8
epic Ippo

Indeed, so incredible! I love this series. :biggrin:
Have a listen to this if you like Hatsune Miku/remixes by Canadians... It's pretty awesome.

https://soundcloud.com/yourmusicradar/hachioji-p-hatsune-heater

Latest