Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Bunnisawr17)
    Know what I seen/watching still over 114 animes and I'm still updating the list... So here the list so far enjoy reading a bunch of animes =3 ps. The ones with hearts next to them are animes I enjoy a lot the more hearts the more I like it.
    List of animes that I've seen/watching (still being updated)
    That's quite a varied list. Have you got/considered getting an account on a site like Anime-Planet or My Anime List to help keep track of them?

ReputationRep:
    Silver Spoon is a bit of a gem in my eyes, how I shunned this off my prelim' list when it originally aired is unreal. Even more so considering some of the junk I watched instead. Can't wait to finish it all and catch up on the second season
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    So it's at night the anime soc comes out to play! !!

ReputationRep:
    The best and only time to play
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've booked the next couple of days off, for the sole purpose of hardcore anime marathoning, since January 23rd is annual 'X months of anime GET' day. :p: Needless to say, if I fail to get that date next to my 8 month badge, I'll be fairly gutted. :sadnod:

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've booked the next couple of days off, for the sole purpose of hardcore anime marathoning, since January 23rd is annual 'X months of anime GET' day. :p: Needless to say, if I fail to get that date next to my 8 month badge, I'll be fairly gutted. :sadnod:
    Ever since A-P introduced the ability to select how many times you've seen an anime, I'm veering eerily closer to the ghost. :giggle:

And booking time off to marathon anime? Not a bad idea. :beard:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Ever since A-P introduced the ability to select how many times you've seen an anime, I'm veering eerily closer to the ghost. :giggle:

And booking time off to marathon anime? Not a bad idea. :beard:
    Meh, I've not got much else to do with my annual leave. :nah: I quite like taking Thursdays off anyway, since there's no space for me in the usual Dolgellau office that day, so I usually have to catch a lift to the distant Caernarfon bureau... which means a 6:30 AM start. :yucky: Hadn't planned on taking Wednesday off as well, but losing internet for over a week has left me behind schedule.

Since I've (almost) caught up with my weekly series now, I'll probably end up alternating between episodes of One Piece, Mawaru Penguin Drum and Uninhabited Planet Survive - picked up the latter to replace the dull, dropped Dragon Drive, and am really liking it so far.

ReputationRep:
    Just pre-ordered the Gurren Lagann BD by Anime Limited! Well excited
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    According to A-P, I gained exactly 14 hours of anime time today. :proud: Don't have the energy to keep going this evening, but I've gotten to the point where I should be able to get the badge with minimal effort tomorrow, which was the plan.

What I watched:

One Piece eps 585 - 592 (including a double-length crossover ep with Toriko and DBZ... which sucked)

Uninhabited Planet Survive eps 5 - 15 (love this series!)

Mawaru Penguindrum eps 1 - 5 (:confused:)

And one episode of Nagi no Asukara, Gin no Saji S2, Hunter x Hunter and Dragon Drive.

:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    One Piece eps 585 - 592 (including a double-length crossover ep with Toriko and DBZ... which sucked)
    Oh thats a relief, I couldnt find the episode to download so left it.. but going by the other crossover I figured I wasnt missing anything.:erm:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Oh thats a relief, I couldnt find the episode to download so left it.. but going by the other crossover I figured I wasnt missing anything.:erm:
    Nah, just the usual competition and battle between the main characters of each series, with no clear winner since they don't want to hurt the feelings of any fanbases, followed by them working together to defeat (then eat) some giant fish.

[EDIT]

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Oregairu. I loved the witty dialog in it (similar to Bakemonogatari). I hope there is a Season 2.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen the photos of the live action movie for Attack On Titan?
    What you think of em?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    What you think of em?
    Can you post them on here, or provide a link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Can you post them on here, or provide a link?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/ne...t-photo-debuts

ReputationRep:
    Ok, if the trailer or a sneak peek doesn't come out for the the new series of Fairy Tail soon, I am going to cry.

Less than 3 months left until the end of April and still nothing other than the info of it being released in April...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, if the trailer or a sneak peek doesn't come out for the the new series of Fairy Tail soon, I am going to cry.

Less than 3 months left until the end of April and still nothing other than the info of it being released in April...
    Has it been about a year or so since it ended, the break doesn't seem long enough. I don't read the manga, so I dont know how far they are in the story, but bleach has started back up yet.

What you think of em?
    Looks decent so far, regardless of how it turns out I'm watching it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Tenacious)
    Has it been about a year or so since it ended, the break doesn't seem long enough. I don't read the manga, so I dont know how far they are in the story, but bleach has started back up yet.
    The Grand Magic Games ended well and the story is currently using the last dark guild, Tartaros in the Baram Aliance (The 3 major dark guilds) and is comprised entirely of demons from the book of Zeref.

Not giving away any details, just the very brief outline.
    Oh yeah, and Zeref FINALLY said he will destroy humanity to prevent history from repeating itself.

Also, it *sounds* as though Jellal is going to die. Not gonna say why but in order for Tartaros' master to be released, a certain seal has to be broken and even Igneel couldn't beat the guild's master 400 years ago.

I would pick up reading it again if I were you, you should be able to catch up by the time it returns.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble:

I'm in need of some manga recommendations once again, please. :puppyeyes: This time either unlicensed series that are available scanlated, or licensed series that are available to buy as e-books in the UK. Preferably complete series too (finished in Japan AND fully translated). Aside from those specifications, any series of any length or genre is fine, and would be greatly appreciated.

So far everything I've bought for Kindle has been from emanga.com, which is cheap, but very difficult to just browse through (the tags suck). Aside from Give my Regards to Black Jack and Earthian, most of the titles on there that have caught my interest are 1-2 volumes long, so I'll be out of ideas soon. As for Amazon's Kindle store, I found out they offered free previews, so had a look at House of Five Leaves. Great file quality, and I liked the anime, so I'll likely start that soon.

With regards to scanlations... I haven't a clue where to start, there are so many titles out there. :p: For some reason I've nervously stuck to artists I know, using it as an excuse to read any of their works that haven't been translated (Boukun Tyrano-san, Shino-chan and Hikari no Machi being a few examples), but I'll run out of those as well if I keep up my current pace. So yeah, feel free to treat me as a complete n00b when making suggestions, as if they're not published in English or adapted into anime then I likely won't have heard of them. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Aj, just thinking but, i know you have this thing about only reading completed manga (you hate cliff hangers or something?) but have you started reading any of the long running series (bleach, one piece, Naruto, fairy tail, attack on titan etc...?) at all?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.