The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone translate this please? =l

Is from the new Fairy Tail website...

Name:  img.gif
Views: 61
Size:  42.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    So Free! is getting a second season I see :holmes: should be good fun again.

ReputationRep:
    Roughly ranking what I'm watching right now~

Silver Spoon
    Yowamushi Pedal
    Kill La Kill
    Samurai Flamenco
    Space Dandy
    Noragami
    Tonari no Seki-kun
    Sekai Seifuuku
    Golden Time

Being sparing with what I've picked up has worked well for me. Everything above Space Dandy is stuff I love watching (hmmm, but these are all continuations! Doesn't reflect well on the Winter season). It's hard to order them because there's stable stuff like Silver Spoon, YowaPeda, Noragami, and then there's BAT**** STUFF like KlK, Samumenco and Space Dandy. The latter three are wildly entertaining, but Silver Spoon and YowaPeda are just <33 my heart <333

And then, Noragami and Sekai Seifuuku are all, could be good, could be average. The comedy in Noragami doesn't always work for me, but it looks like it'll have a good plot. Also, why didn't heroine girl ask the goddess of misfortune to bring her back to life? ???

Golden Time has bored me for the last 2 - 4 eps but I'm still hoping it will redeem itself with dorama and danger and getting something out of this whole ghost plot which is like a wispy imitation corpse of Natsuyuki Rendezvous dragging itself across the floor.

Also ep 4 of Space Dandy was freaking AMAZING. I have not seen something so funny or creative in a very long time. And honestly before that I might have dropped it if it weren't for the ED :3

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here read Berserk (manga). If so how different is it to the anime series. I've read a couple of chapters and already there seems to be quite a lot of differences.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJasper)
    The comedy in Noragami doesn't always work for me, but it looks like it'll have a good plot. Also, why didn't heroine girl ask the goddess of misfortune to bring her back to life? ???
    I figured that asking the goddess of misfortune to do anything other than make you broke might be asking for trouble...

Good to see people following YowaPedal—it's not really my sort of show but I saw the first ep and thought it looked pretty fun if it is your sort of thing, so I hope it finds an audience.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'd definitely rank YowaPeda in my list of favourite currently airing shows. I'd also agree that the Winter offerings are lacking in comparison to the continuing Autumn shows and sequels, with only Hozuki no Reitetsu and Love Song of a Certain Pilot really standing out for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QHF)
    I figured that asking the goddess of misfortune to do anything other than make you broke might be asking for trouble...
    The way I see it, it's better than asking for anything from Yato... anything actually spiritualish-related I suppose.

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Love Song of a Certain Pilot really standing out for me.
    How is that show? I actually intended to watch it but only Commie was subbing it and I'm generally behind anyways. Is it like, romance/adventure? Maybe I'll pick it up.

Also regarding YowaPeda, Onoda is SO CUTE OH GOSH I feel like my heart will explode whenever I see his massive eyes and smile. Is this... moe~?

That one creepy guy is really creepy though. Why is he in the OP so much
    Quite a few creepy things this season I find:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    How is that show? I actually intended to watch it but only Commie was subbing it and I'm generally behind anyways. Is it like, romance/adventure? Maybe I'll pick it up.

Also regarding YowaPeda, Onoda is SO CUTE OH GOSH I feel like my heart will explode whenever I see his massive eyes and smile. Is this... moe~?

That one creepy guy is really creepy though. Why is he in the OP so much
    Quite a few creepy things this season I find:
    I'd definitely recommend Love Song of a Certain Pilot - it is indeed romance/adventure, and while the first four eps have mostly consisted of (good) character introduction and development, as well as multiple flashbacks, it looks as though it's going to get a lot more interesting plot-wise in the episodes to come. :yes:

Onoda is fairly moe, it's nice to see him enjoying himself so much each week. Not sure what to make of the creepy guy so far, but IMO there's nothing wrong with having a true villain or two alongside the regular rivalries. :nah:

And on the subject of creepy... while I'm not watching it myself, I feel Pupa deserves a mention. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    The way I see it, it's better than asking for anything from Yato... anything actually spiritualish-related I suppose.
    Hah, yeah, fair point!

ReputationRep:
    And back to the anime thanks to the ani' soc'

Getting close to finishing Fractale now so gotta keep hoping it doesn't get voted out of the weekly viewings as its been a good viewing. Spice and Wolf going strong as well. JoJo's (which I'm not a fan of) was pretty good this week and I actually enjoyed it once I stopped trying to work out what was going on, the same can be said about Ao no Exorcist which I wasn't keen on to start. Finally Higurashi still makes no sense to me after 8 episodes and i'm hoping it gets voted out (which is unlikely).

The suggested replacement anime this week were poor so we didn't actually have any changes. Better luck next week eh Although i've been trying to push a marathon event of some kind the exec' can't do anything due to union issues.

ReputationRep:
    Is it just me or has the Attack On Titan manga been REALLY slow the last few chapters?

ReputationRep:
    So I spoke too soon- anime marathon coming up in a few weeks time now

Gahhhh hate the empty feeling left by a really good SOL when it ends

ReputationRep:
    felt so bad for Nubutani in ep 4 of Chuunibyou those 2 were getting along so well..

using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently, finished Persona 4 Golden the other day which was godly :coma: also been getting back to playing Ace Attorney :cool:

caught up with ImoCho which is fairly entertaining, and Mikakunin de Shinkoukei which is pretty cute and funny, nice twist in that latest ep

Nisekoi is by far my fave show of this season, absolutely hilarious :laugh: and those epicly cute moments are done so well :pinch: that Love Hina moment :moon:

oh yeah started going back to Anisoc, watching Maou-sama and also Usagi Drop which is just ahhhh
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently
    :ditto:

I spent most of last week playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That's the only problem with my new 3DS, it's as addictive as anime, but I don't have time for both. :sadnod: :p:

I finally finished the game yesterday though, so I'll spend the weekend marathoning all the 5th episodes I've been putting off. :yes: I'll also be finishing the Punk Hazard arc of One Piece (four episodes to go~), as well as the short filler arc afterwards, then I guess I'll be waiting another year or so for more... I really don't think I could watch the series weekly. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    felt so bad for Nubutani in ep 4 of Chuunibyou those 2 were getting along so well..

using more of my free time to game than watch anime recently, finished Persona 4 Golden the other day which was godly :coma: also been getting back to playing Ace Attorney :cool:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    :ditto:

I spent most of last week playing Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. That's the only problem with my new 3DS, it's as addictive as anime, but I don't have time for both. :sadnod: :p:
    Been doing that myself for a long while.:ninja: The 3DS has lots of great titles. Would like to get the new Ace Attorney ... but being download only means no getting it off amazon cheaper.:huff: There's also the sequel to 999, Virtues Last Reward Ive been meaning to get eventually.:teeth:

In more anime related news, Ive still mainly been keeping up with the weekly series Ive posted about before.:tongue:

Although I did watch some of the animated batman films. (The Dark Knight Returns, and Year One, Under the red hood). But to keep it related to this thread Ill just say the animation didnt really compare to anime films or OVAs from around the same time.:nah:

Ive also noticed the trains are ****ed up on the weekend of telford expo.:hmmm: Just between coleshill and birmingham.. a normally quick little 20min journey.:no: There's a replacement bus service instead.:yucky:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by vin)
    Been doing that myself for a long while.:ninja: The 3DS has lots of great titles. Would like to get the new Ace Attorney ... but being download only means no getting it off amazon cheaper.:huff: There's also the sequel to 999, Virtues Last Reward Ive been meaning to get eventually.:teeth:

In more anime related news, Ive still mainly been keeping up with the weekly series Ive posted about before.:tongue:

Although I did watch some of the animated batman films. (The Dark Knight Returns, and Year One, Under the red hood). But to keep it related to this thread Ill just say the animation didnt really compare to anime films or OVAs from around the same time.:nah:

Ive also noticed the trains are ****ed up on the weekend of telford expo.:hmmm: Just between coleshill and birmingham.. a normally quick little 20min journey.:no: There's a replacement bus service instead.:yucky:
    I was looking at Virtue's Last Reward yesterday, as well as the Harvest Moon titles, Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Tales Of The Abyss... I'll admit I barely looked into the other games besides Pokemon before buying the 3DS, but there's plenty of others I'm interested in now. :yes:

My train journey on the way back from Telford seems to have a replacement bus service for part of the journey as well. Not on the way there though, at least according to The Trainline. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Virtue's Last Reward is AMAZING
    I MEAN
    IT'S AMAZING I SERIOUSLY LOVE IT
    (But of course play 999 first)

Anyway, a few of the shows I'm following have reached some kind of high this week. Golden Time had a dramatic shouty episode which is a welcome relief since its comedy is pretty much always miss for me :P and I can't really stand following a happy Banri-Kouko relationship, I love seeing the conflicts surface.

Samurai Flamenco had a serious, an actually serious episode, it somehow came full circle and I just~ oh my, I still love this show and I've never seen anything like it, even if it may be terrible, idiotic and a work of genius.

Kirru Ra Kirru had a great ep with a ~twist~ that I just HAVE to say is such a glorious Utena reference <3 <3
    I just wonder if some Utena storyboarder is working on this, like one worked on the Eva Rebuild movies.
    I made a comparison but it's very spoilerish for both Utena and KlK :
    http://puu.sh/6Om0d/c49f21d565.png

Here's the Utena/Rebuild 2 comparison (spoilers spoilers spoilers):
    http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...7547351379.jpg

I made another Utena/Rebuild 2 one :3
    This one's not spoilerish~
    http://puu.sh/6OngE/2195412b5f.png

Okay sorry I'm just getting really excited now. I'll probably rewatch this show over half term. Or Sailor Moon <3

ReputationRep:
    I won't have time for anime over the next two months but any recommendations for the summer? I want some anime to look forward to :p:

My favourites so far have been FMA, fate zero, attack on titan & tengen toppen gurren lagann.

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of terra formers? It looks good to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I won't have time for anime over the next two months but any recommendations for the summer? I want some anime to look forward to :p:

My favourites so far have been FMA, fate zero, attack on titan & tengen toppen gurren lagann.

I've just started watching Nobunaga the fool - A big massive clash with people from history. Come on, it's got Leonardo Da vinci and Julius Ceaser - but they're like the supporting roles!

I like Buddy Complex too. I didn't think I'd enjoy it but at the end of the second episode, I'm hooked

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.