Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you heard about East Asia TV?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by 391iady)
    Yeah, I read about it on ANN back when it was first announced. :yes: (link for those who missed it)

While more anime on UK TV (including subbed stuff for once) is definitely something I'm happy to hear about, I doubt I'll watch it myself - the internet offers far more choice, at whatever time is convenient for me, and I won't have to fight for the remote. Plus my desktop has a bigger screen than our relic of a TV. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 391iady)
    I did a google search just now :lol:

Interesting concept that may get me to watch TV again. However it remains to be seen who will be able to watch the channel... its described as a SKY package so potentially it will be exclusive which is ****. Although i've heard virgin media would also be eligible which is slightly better.

ReputationRep:
    well read this then http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Eas...ruary_7th.html

ReputationRep:
    I did wonder why the website had been taken down... it figures. Least I didn't get my hopes up

EDIT: Wow that article makes them out to be really dodgy, they were a million miles away from what I had in my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    I did wonder why the website had been taken down... it figures. Least I didn't get my hopes up
    unfortunately I did and told every otaku I knew about it
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Meh. As I said before, there's always the internet.

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished the first season of Silver Spoon. Never have I more wanted to be a farmer in my life than after watching that, damn educational show getting my hopes up! An excellent series that made me really hungry while watching I even found time for a Clannad rewatch after.

ReputationRep:
    Interested Guys?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...t-in-the-works

ReputationRep:
    Hmm not sure if it's a second season but I am excited .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    Finally finished the first season of Silver Spoon. Never have I more wanted to be a farmer in my life than after watching that, damn educational show getting my hopes up! An excellent series that made me really hungry while watching I even found time for a Clannad rewatch after.
    Pork Bowl... :cry:
    Ohh, I really love Hachikenkun so much, I can't think of many better realistic characters.

(Original post by xDave-)
    Danganronpa
    From The New World
    Sword Art Online - I heard this starts amazing and then series 2 isn't great.
    I thought Danganronpa was a terrible, completely bland show. Would strongly not recommend. Play the game if you're into that thing, I think it's getting an EU port at some point. And watching the anime will both be a bad experience and ruin the game for you.

Shinsekai Yori, oh gosh I love it. To be honest I think it meandered through many points, but maaaan, the last few episodes are seriously amazing. It looks great and has a great atmosphere. I would put it down for bad characterization though, too little and too late.

Sword Art Online, I could only make it through up until about episode 7 or so (apparently where the plot starts). The first episode was really intriguing but from there it was just a badly written harem show that didn't make enough out of its setting. You might enjoy it more though.

ReputationRep:
    Yo people I admittedly pretty much never post in here but I actually have something anime related (sort of) I think some people might be interested in :woo:. Some/ all of you may already know of this game but it's J-stars victory vs

I only sadly heard of this the other day and now I really hope it comes to europe. It seems to be basically be a Shounen Jump version of smash bros just over a 3d map, much prettier, a lot more playable characters and possibly more chaotic. It's 4 player fighter game (which says something for me as I never get excited for fighters). Team up moves are possible and some of the attacks are large in scale. Which isn't surprising with the likes of Luffy and Goku being playable characters. But it looks to be a pure chaos and very fun fighting game so I really want to play it haha.

Though it has also got me wishing non shounen jump characters could have been put into a game like this like Edward Elric or Eren Jaeger. As seeing a titan fighting the likes of Luffy, Tsuna and many others would be so awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MJasper)
    Pork Bowl... :cry:
    Ohh, I really love Hachikenkun so much, I can't think of many better realistic characters.
    But he looked so god damn tasty :ninja:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Episode 6 of D-Frag was hilarious. It's been a while since I've laughed this much from watching anime. :laugh:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've got Thursday off work (largely so I can watch anime, since I'll be too busy doing other anime-related things at Telford on Saturday ), and since we're now mid-way through the Winter season, I'll likely take it as an opportunity to watch a few of the first eps I didn't get around to in January due to my internet woes. As usual, if any of them impress me enough, I'll drop something I'm already watching to make room for them in my weekly anime lineup/blog rankings.

Winter shows I'm currently watching:
    Chuunibyou Ren
    Hamatora
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu
    Nobunaga the Fool (would consider dropping)
    Nobunagun (would consider dropping)
    Gin no Saji S2
    Space Dandy (would consider dropping)
    Love Song of a Certain Pilot
    Wizard Barristers: Benmashi Cecil

Shows I'm planning on checking out:
    Sakura Trick
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    Saki: Zenkoku-hen
    D-Frag!

Just thought I'd ask here in case there was another Winter series anyone thinks I should give a chance? Or whether any of the four I've selected are terrible? Bear in mind that I'd rather not watch every first ep of the season, I've not got the time, but I could probably fit in one or two more. :beard: Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I've got Thursday off work (largely so I can watch anime, since I'll be too busy doing other anime-related things at Telford on Saturday ), and since we're now mid-way through the Winter season, I'll likely take it as an opportunity to watch a few of the first eps I didn't get around to in January due to my internet woes. As usual, if any of them impress me enough, I'll drop something I'm already watching to make room for them in my weekly anime lineup/blog rankings.

Chuunibyou Ren
    Hamatora
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu
    Gin no Saji S2

Sakura Trick
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    D-Frag!

Just thought I'd ask here in case there was another Winter series anyone thinks I should give a chance? Or whether any of the four I've selected are terrible? Bear in mind that I'd rather not watch every first ep of the season, I've not got the time, but I could probably fit in one or two more. :beard: Thanks in advance!
    Sakura Trick was pretty boring IMO as was Mikakunin de Shinkoukei. Nothing wrong with them, just rather unremarkable. D-Frag is surprisingly entertaining - very high energy and fun. I have no opinion on Saki having dropped the first season after three episodes.

My suggestions would be Noragami (absolutely gorgeous series), World Conquest - Zvezda Plot (very fun and solidly written, pity about the costume designs) and Tonari no Seki-kun (best short of the season). All three are right at the top of my favourites of the Winter season along with Space Dandy & Hozuki no Reitetsu.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper

Chuunibyou Ren
    Hamatora
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu
    Gin no Saji S2

Sakura Trick
    Mikakunin de Shinkoukei
    D-Frag!

From those you've chosen, Mikakunin de Shinkoukei has been pretty good. The characters are likeable and funny, especially Mashiro.

Saki is Saki, so as someone who has been following this series, you know what to expect. I've been looking forward to this one as it focuses on the main cast of characters, who are far better, in my opinion.

D-Frag, as I've touched upon in my previous episode, never fails to make me laugh, especially the last episode. There's some subtle romance that's also nice.

Aside from those, I'd recommend Nisekoi first. Yes, it's by Shaft and Shinbo, so their signature style is present, but I'm finding it less overt than their past works. It doesn't dominate, let's put it that way. The characters are likeable and the plot/premise is funny but also ideal given the genre. My friend Rika has mentioned that the manga plummets somewhat, Bleach style, but so far the anime has been enjoyable. Let's hope the anime can avoid the pitfalls of its source material.

Buddy Complex is proving to be quite good, in typical Sunrise mecha fashion. I'm not sure whether you're that into this genre, though.

Mahou Sensou is another one that's rather generic, but hasn't been bad so far.

Z/X Ignition, despite my low expectations, is turning out to be quite fun. It's nothing groundbreaking, and the plot is only starting to take shape, but it's showing promise.

Sekai Seifuku Bouryaku no Zvezda, from what little I've seen of this series, is one that will probably turn out to be pretty good. With A-1 Pictures, you can normally expect decent production, and if the first episode is any indicator, that's what you'll get. It's hard to say how it'll pan out, though. I know Cara is watching this, so maybe she'll shed some light on this anime's potential.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't gotten around to watching Noragami, I really need to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I'm ashamed to admit that I still haven't gotten around to watching Noragami, I really need to.
    Aiko, don't suppose you could translate something for me please (well, not translate, you can if you want but, anything new?)? =l
    Like 7 weeks until April and nothing new on the new series of Fairy Tail... anything new in the below text that we don't know already? (Taken directly from Japanese Fairy Tail official website).

Name:  6bd1f3eejw1ecc8lmlaojg20pu0aegm9.gif
Views: 164
Size:  32.5 KB

ReputationRep:
    I thought that ep 4 of Space Dandy was amazing, ep 5 was great and ep 6 has an amazing ending. It's definitely hit and miss though. I would always watch it just for the OP and ED :P
    And that glorious preview~ Space Dandy is Space Dandy~

Yes, Noragami is well worth watching and so is Tonari no Seki-kun and I'm enjoying Zvezda as well, although it's not really consistent with quality and bleugh saabisu.

Noragami thoughts~
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In this latest episode, I found it very hard to sympathize with Yato. Poor Yuki is a recently deceased boy who is risking his existence, possibly a death seeker (?), and being forced to kill people against his will, and Yato keeps on calling him wimpy and telling him to grow up and all that. He won't help out Hiyori with her problem and just eats all her food. The show has made it pretty clear that Yato is not especially generous or kind or human-loving, but I don't really feel like rooting for him over Bishamon.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.