Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I've fallen in love with the Magi cover artwork, it's beautiful.

Just a few:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yeah it was the cover art that made me start the series a couple of years ago - love the manga!

ReputationRep:
    murder by butt blow :mmm: almost cried in that GTO ep :toofunny:

the next "bridge" ep, man that was epic how to punish a student the onizuka way :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone seen an anime where the bad guy actually wins?
    I know it is very rare for films to do this but, I don't ever recall seeing an anime do this. At all. Ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I know it is very rare for films to do this but, I don't ever recall seeing an anime do this. At all. Ever.
    I suppose this is a spoiler, but since it's a fairly obscure show which has by now been enjoyed by most of the people who are awesome enough to be able to enjoy it, I'll just go ahead and say it: the bad guys very definitely win in Shin Mazinger Z.

ReputationRep:
    Yh in naruto madara ends up winning

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jin-Roh! I know its a film but meh

ReputationRep:
    Old Go Nagai stuff is fond of that - Devilman and the like. Also Berserk.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Aside from those already mentioned such as Berserk and Devilman, Phantom Requiem of the Phantom, Kaiji and Gai Rei Zero come to mind. I suppose Wolf's Rain could be considered as such too.

ReputationRep:
    man what an ep of Ippo :cry2:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    man what an ep of Ippo :cry2:
    Definitely...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Was scared for a moment that he'd lose on points, which would be really lame. Thankfully, he pulled through by winning without his sight.

ReputationRep:
    I love you Samumenco, I love you, you are the crazier than Inferno Cop and I love you.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like noragami from this season.

And D-Frag. Very funny.

...I really shouldn't be wasting so much time on anime right now ...>_>

ReputationRep:
    I really like Kill la Kill, Buddy Complex, and Norogami!!
    Anime keeps distracting me.. When I know I need to study D=

ReputationRep:
    So another weeks viewing at uni as i've not been watching much at home again

Sky Blue was a average/poor film despite it all being CGI. Very Final Fantasy esque.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica reached the three episode mark by which we were told it was gunna get good I enjoyed it and want to finish when I have time.

Gosick and Monster continued which were both okay. Monster being the better of the two as the whole mystery and detective genre doesn't cut it for me.

Black Lagoon and Deadman Wonderland were two new additions. DW wasn't bad, the music, animation, characters and story all seemed there; Black Lagoon was good and entertaining for me which is unusual as i'm not an action heavy type of person, shall watch after it goes.

EDIT: Anybody watched Giant Killing? I have a craving to satisfy my love of football

ReputationRep:
    Wow, those last two episodes of Space Dandy - and especially the last one, ep 9 - were outstanding. And that last one was AMAZING! Makes me feel so excited and fuzzy. And apparently it's two-cour! So there may be possibility for a plot still! Things are looking good
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    15,000 anime episodes GET! Only took me the best part of nine years. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    EDIT: Anybody watched Giant Killing? I have a craving to satisfy my love of football
    I watched the first few episodes and mildly enjoyed them, then lost interest. But I probably only lost interest because I'm not that into football or sports anime, and friends who kept up with the show liked it. So it's probably worth at least trying!

ReputationRep:
    finished Usagi Drop at anisoc, one of the cutest and most heart warming shows ive seen

also watched the first ep of a few shows to help decide which show to take on next, Lovely Complex which ive seen twice already but i dont think ive ever get tired of rewatching it as its so good, Tiger and Bunny dubbed, which was done surprisingly well, it really suits this superhero like theme, feels a lot like marvel comics and i quite enjoyed it so might continue with that dubbed in my own time, and some show where this guy was meant to fight Maou-sama but ended up going out with her instead lol cant remember the name

(Original post by nixonsjellybeans)
    ive heard good things about that show, as much as i love football i could never get myself to watch football anime

(Original post by AngryJellyfish)

congrats :woo: im just a few hundred short of 5000 cant believe ive been an anime fan for 7 years now :eek: :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)

7 months out of those 9 years are spent watching anime .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    7 months out of those 9 years are spent watching anime .
    Who, me? If so, I'm actually on a solid 8 months. :proud: :p:

The episode that got me passed this most recent milestone was the first ep of Hellsing Ultimate. All material I'd seen before in the first anime adaptation, but much faster paced and better animated. And with more Wakamoto Engrish. Looking forward to the rest of the series!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.