Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

ReputationRep:
    Im so out of touch with things.. There was a time I recognised most of the series you were talking about, but the relatively recent ones ring no bells.:sad:

Still been keeping up with what I was watching, but many are finished or finishing. HxH has remained pretty damn good. Character development for villians in a shonen series.:zomg: Youpi's centaur form seems very lackluster:tongue: Here is a large powerful creature and they made him look puny in comparison to his regular form.:indiff:

Got the last two eps of kill la kill left. The series kind of became less interesting for me once Harime nui arrived.. but has been better closer to the end. Fight Club Mako is the best mako.:unimpressed:

Hajime no ippo was similar to the previous series. The flashback into the coach's past was good. A nice slower end to the series than we're used to.:giggle:

Been watching the little Attack on Titan shorts. With their smallness and wide little faces.:emog:

ReputationRep:
    Been in first episode overdrive as usual. Trying not to pick up too much this season as there are a few older series I want to start.......but this is me we're talking about, I have no self restraint.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by caraniel)
    Been in first episode overdrive as usual. Trying not to pick up too much this season as there are a few older series I want to start.......but this is me we're talking about, I have no self restraint.
    I'm trying to hold off on picking up too many passable/generic series early on, when a lot of the series I'm most looking forward to don't air for another 4-5 days... I've actually made good progress on some older series (Oban Star Racers and Uninhabited Planet Survive) in order to distract myself. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else noticed Amazon being all over the place with anime prices recently?

A couple of MVM box sets I've had my eye on for a bit have jumped from £17/18 to £26/8 just recently. I ended up doing a larger than expected order on Sunday, when some prices finally dropped again.

The "Kids on the slope" blu ray which I finally got having only heard good things had gone up to £24, dropped to £21 on Friday evening, increased to £28 on Saturday afternoon, and gone to £19.99 on Sunday :lolwut:

Ended up buying:
    Seen before:
    Another
    Dream Eater Merry
    Canaan

New to me:
    Kids on the slope (BR)
    BTOOOOOM!
    Magi
    Fruits basket (since I always forget about this box set.)

I've been on an anime buying binge just recently, catching up on lost time and box sets :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I return and finally kill the soc :nyoron:

My anime viewing habits have changed quite a bit this last year or so, going back to how it was when I started watching anime- relying on DVDs and UK publishers. I have to admit, it's quite nice actually. I'd been starting to feel burnt out on anime for a few years as I tried to keep up with as many new shows as possible so I could keep chatting on here and Uni IRC. It's stupid, but it had become a chore in a way- I'd usually have the show on one side of the screen and the forum/IRC on the other side.

I remember disliking Bakemonogatari when I watched it a few years ago, but watching Nisemonogatari on the TV with my full attention, I've really enjoyed the first two episodes and the characters so far.

ReputationRep:
    Attack on titan
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Kekko Kamen? :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    Why does new jojo have a piracy warning at the start.:unimpressed: Like that ever worked before.:hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vin)
    Why does new jojo have a piracy warning at the start.:unimpressed: Like that ever worked before.:hahaha:
    I was wondering about that too. Each episode seems to have a 'no resemblance to real characters intended' disclaimer as well. Might it be to do with all the music references?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Aside from Majin Bone (which was pretty average, bordering on poor), I haven't had the opportunity to watch anything from the new season yet, largely due to work. I'm hoping to rectify that this weekend.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by QHF)
    I was wondering about that too. Each episode seems to have a 'no resemblance to real characters intended' disclaimer as well. Might it be to do with all the music references?
    Yes, pretty much. That and many other cultural references. For instance, Dio's surname is paying homage to the actor Marlon Brando. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

As horrifying as it is hilarious. :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    almost feels like 2008 again, looking at these last couple of pages :moon:

so new season, have yet to read AJ's thread, but saw a couple of eps from this streaming site, cant remember the names but one was about a mangaka, his assistant and editor which was quite amusing :laugh: other one was about a girl who couldn't make friends which was pretty good, the fact that i didnt even read the plot and just picked it up cos i liked the art, was a nice surprise when the girl mentioned what her problem was, might do it more often and just pick up random shows to try out

and just started the new season of DB Kai :excited: Gohan's high school life :mmm: :awesome:

(Original post by Aiko)
    I seem to recall this happening once before, so they'll probably restore it. That is, assuming they still can.

Glad you're liking it. Keep watching, it gets funnier once you get to know the characters better. :giggle:
    yeah enjoying it more the more i watch it, up to ep 10 already :yep:

No, neither did I. A new character is always welcome, especially one that seems to possess, if the ending is any indicator, the 'I am your maid and you're my master' persona. :giggle:
    i usually dont like it when a new character comes into a love triangle but lets see what happens

well just seen the latest ep, i was like oh god not one of those girls :sigh: but then that ending :awesome: things are gona get interesting now :teeth:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    so new season, have yet to read AJ's thread, but saw a couple of eps from this streaming site, cant remember the names but one was about a mangaka, his assistant and editor which was quite amusing :laugh: other one was about a girl who couldn't make friends which was pretty good, the fact that i didnt even read the plot and just picked it up cos i liked the art, was a nice surprise when the girl mentioned what her problem was, might do it more often and just pick up random shows to try out
    I still haven't had the chance to watch much yet, but are you referring to WIXOSS? The main character in that doesn't initially have any friends, but it was more of a decision on her part not to. Was not bad, so I'll be keeping that on. :yes:

The second season of Date A Live was as shallow as ever, but it was still amusing to watch. It was late when I started watching this, so I was drifting off in parts.

yeah enjoying it more the more i watch it, up to ep 10 already :yep:
    It's pretty amusing. Unfortunately, it just kind of ends. That said, quite a few from the last season ended abruptly. For instance, I didn't even realise Buddy Complex had ended until the following week when I realised an episode wasn't coming out.

i usually dont like it when a new character comes into a love triangle but lets see what happens

well just seen the latest ep, i was like oh god not one of those girls :sigh: but then that ending :awesome: things are gona get interesting now :teeth:
    Haha, me too. I'm glad she revealed her true colours at the end. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Aiko)
    I still haven't had the chance to watch much yet, but are you referring to WIXOSS? The main character in that doesn't initially have any friends, but it was more of a decision on her part not to. Was not bad, so I'll be keeping that on. :yes:
    I think he meant Isshuukan Friends.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't want to watch Mahouka........but I appear to have fallen for Perfect Onii-san's perfection. Send help.

In other news I'm watching way too much again - complete lack of self control. I think the main problem is my ingrained habit of watching and firing out opinions about, all new shows each season - I am such an OCD blogger :sigh:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I think he meant Isshuukan Friends.
    Ah, I haven't seen that yet.

I've been quite busy lately (currently in the process of moving homes), so I'm slowly picking everything up.

(Original post by caraniel)
    I didn't want to watch Mahouka........but I appear to have fallen for Perfect Onii-san's perfection. Send help.

In other news I'm watching way too much again - complete lack of self control. I think the main problem is my ingrained habit of watching and firing out opinions about, all new shows each season - I am such an OCD blogger :sigh:
    Aha, I have a policy of sampling at least the first episode of everything that airs, barring those intended for children or sequels to series I haven't seen or finished.

As for Mahouka, I loved it. You're not the only one that has fallen for him. I love characters who are seemingly perfect, especially when they're as interesting as this one. Definitely keeping Mahouka on. Oh, and I'm also glad Madhouse seems to be delivering the goods with this one. They've been letting me down with their recent offerings (and many others, I suspect). I guess that's why I'm beginning to assess an anime's potential from the staff onboard, rather than just the studio itself.

ReputationRep:
    As I be trying to get back into animoo's at the moment does anyone have some recommendations? At the moment I prefer shorter series I can marathon on the weekends or at least a show that has already finished. As I don't really have time to keep up with shows weekly and what not. What genre and all that I don't mind. I do like a bit of action though I don't mind trying to watch some new things.

Though lately I have just finished Kill la Kill (which was awesome) but that is a good example of what I really have time to watch at the mo

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know of the song when Echizen first entered Tenimuhou no Kiwami in the final episode of the Prince of Tennis Nationals OVA?

It starts at about 9:15

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aiko)
    Ah, I haven't seen that yet.

I've been quite busy lately (currently in the process of moving homes), so I'm slowly picking everything up.

Aha, I have a policy of sampling at least the first episode of everything that airs, barring those intended for children or sequels to series I haven't seen or finished.

As for Mahouka, I loved it. You're not the only one that has fallen for him. I love characters who are seemingly perfect, especially when they're as interesting as this one. Definitely keeping Mahouka on. Oh, and I'm also glad Madhouse seems to be delivering the goods with this one. They've been letting me down with their recent offerings (and many others, I suspect). I guess that's why I'm beginning to assess an anime's potential from the staff onboard, rather than just the studio itself.
    Yeah I have the same policy.....wish I would learn to be a bit more selective with what I keep though!

I think it is nowadays looking at the staff is much more telling than looking at the studio, but yeah I'm also pleased Madhouse have put a decent team on Mahouka and are expending a bit of effort, it's a nice looking show, even if the very generic character designs are a touch boring.

The absolute perfection of Tatsuya is pretty ridiculous but it is impossible not to like the fella.....he's just perfect!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.