Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Fifa)
    Well Fairy Tail has rebooted so I've got that to be excited about.
    I'm not really enjoying the animation that much tbh :/ wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    I'm not really enjoying the animation that much tbh :/ wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't started watching the new episodes yet but I've seen screenshots. Yeah I prefer the old animation style as well.

ReputationRep:
    "No game no life" Best one this season aside from JOJO

ReputationRep:
    I just finished Fate stay night.The ending suc***. :cry::cry2:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by economist2)
    I just finished Fate stay night.The ending suc***. :cry::cry2:
    The Studio Deen anime, presumably? If you liked the basic premise and characters, and weren't TOO put off by the ending, it's getting a remake later this year by staff who seem to know what they're doing. :yes: I'd recommend giving the Fate/Zero prequel series a look, if you're interested.

ReputationRep:
    Gintama!!!! Honestly missing the anime so much I remember it came back for like a month with kintama arc but suddenly it ended so quickly 😣 hoping they bring back the anime and no way quick skimmed read the latest posts no game no life is one of my favourite anime of the season right now also enjoying the anime m3.... Forgot the rest of the title although this seasons there's quite a lot of mecha anime

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    The Studio Deen anime, presumably? If you liked the basic premise and characters, and weren't TOO put off by the ending, it's getting a remake later this year by staff who seem to know what they're doing. :yes: I'd recommend giving the Fate/Zero prequel series a look, if you're interested.
    I've already watched Fate Zero.It was great.why are they remaking FSN?Will it be a different story?

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently watching Kill la kill and my first impression was WTF XD. It's such a weird anime but I can't stop watching it XD.
    Mako is just hilarious :rofl:. I love her character XD.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I've already watched Fate Zero.It was great.why are they remaking FSN?Will it be a different story?
    Well, Studio Deen's attempt was pretty bad. That alone makes the series worthy of a remake, IMO. :p:

As for whether the story will be any different, I'm not sure. The original visual novels have several different story routes, not all of which were adapted by Deen, so the ufotable 'remake' may end up covering those.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Studio Deen's attempt was pretty bad. That alone makes the series worthy of a remake, IMO. :p:

As for whether the story will be any different, I'm not sure. The original visual novels have several different story routes, not all of which were adapted by Deen, so the ufotable 'remake' may end up covering those.
    What was your reaction to the ending of FSN?I dont know what I'm feeling.I am just devastated.keep hearing the music where Saber disappears in my head and then I get depressd all over again...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching Jojo here?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    What was your reaction to the ending of FSN?
    It's been quite a few years since I watched it, so while I remember feeling underwhelmed, I couldn't go into any more detail than that.

(Original post by IchigoKurosaki)
    Anyone watching Jojo here?
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!
    AH YEAH! Have you been following it from part 1 and 2?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by IchigoKurosaki)
    AH YEAH! Have you been following it from part 1 and 2?
    Yeah, I don't like jumping into series/franchises part-way through if I can help it. The first TV series was great, and Stardust Crusaders is one of the best shows this season IMO.

The only JoJo anime I haven't watched is the 2000 OVA, but that's probably unnecessary now since it also covers Part 3. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I don't like jumping into series/franchises part-way through if I can help it. The first TV series was great, and Stardust Crusaders is one of the best shows this season IMO.

The only JoJo anime I haven't watched is the 2000 OVA, but that's probably unnecessary now since it also covers Part 3. :p:
    Nice! Yeah, part 1 and 2 are just FANTASTIC!

The 2000 OVA isn't that good, it's got nothing on the current one!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Still replacing my 'archived' anime files with the best quality versions I can find - definitely worth it, though I'll have to remember to leave some space for anime from future seasons. :o:

I was taking some comparison screenshots of Maria+Holic's TV and BD rips, having chosen a scene completely at random... and now I almost want to watch both versions alongside each other and play 'spot the difference'. :giggle: I'd heard SHAFT were particularly notorious for 'fixing' episodes for BD/DVD release, so I do wonder whether I just got lucky, or whether you're more likely to find an edited scene than one that's been left alone. :p:

TV

BD

ReputationRep:
    Been watching Log Horizon and absolutely love it. Initially thought it was just going to be another big dumb fun MMORPG anime but it really elevated itself with all the politics/economics/negotiations. Watched 13 episodes so far so still have 12 to go & apparently it has a second season coming up so that's awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Been watching Log Horizon and absolutely love it. Initially thought it was just going to be another big dumb fun MMORPG anime but it really elevated itself with all the politics/economics/negotiations. Watched 13 episodes so far so still have 12 to go & apparently it has a second season coming up so that's awesome.
    Yeah, it's a good show. Lots of glasses-pushing. A friend of mine said it was 'more a story in an MMO than a story about an MMO'. The second season is due this autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    I was just thinking about how much of a train wreck SA:O was.

ReputationRep:
    massively enjoying ping pong!, chaika, black bullet, ngnl, jojo and captain earth this season and the next one appears to be shaping up to be fairly decent as well. 2014 is a good year to be alive.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.