Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Selector Infected WIXOSS has turned out to be a lot better than I was expecting. There's this underlying feeling that's rather unsettling, bordering on sinister. It keeps you on your toes and continues to magnify with each episode. The revelation in episode 5 was particularly harrowing.

In a way, it's similar to Puella Magi Madoka Magica in that it uses a common genre of anime and turns it on its head. Normally, these game based anime are lighthearted, but that's definitely not the case here.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    HD-remastered Nadia: Secret Of Blue Water. :coma: I might actually have to rewatch some of these series, though if I do, I'll be skipping the island arc. :yucky:

Started the manga series Magnolia earlier. Nothing special so far, but the first volume had its fun moments. I like that each volume contains an extra chapter, telling the same story from one of the other major character's (Lily's) perspective, though it did end up a little repetitive in places. Means I get to mark two series for the price of one as read on A-P, though. :p:

I've also now got the final volume of Psyren to read - I'm not expecting a lot from the finale, as it hasn't left itself many chapters to wrap things up, but we'll see.

I had hoped to resume one of my long stalled series to replace Psyren afterwards, possibly either Maria+Holic or Keroro Gunsou (both on hold since Tokyopop went bust)... but it seems that neither is being scanlated. :s: I'll probably end up going with Ansatsu Kyoushítsu instead, because the synopsis appeals to me a lot. Should hopefully prove more interesting than this season's assassin school anime Akuma no Riddle has so far, at least.

ReputationRep:
    Finished Golden Time & Log Horizon. Thought Golden Time had a decent wrap up & Log Horizon had a good balance of concluding season 1 and teasing season 2. Wouldn't have been less happy if season 2 hadn't already been announced!

ReputationRep:
    Well guys, I am ashamed to say I have only had time to watch 1 anime series in the last 2-3 weeks. :sad:

That anime series was Another and was pretty good imo. =)
    Last exam is Friday and so, will then have more free time for anime again! =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyAndAbed)
    Finished Golden Time & Log Horizon. Thought Golden Time had a decent wrap up & Log Horizon had a good balance of concluding season 1 and teasing season 2. Wouldn't have been less happy if season 2 hadn't already been announced!
    When I was watching Log Horizon, I couldn't help but think "OMG noob tank can't keep aggro" LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Finished watching Sherlock Hound (about time really, I bought the DVD box set at least two years ago!) Despite being episodic, repetitive and dubbed, as well as obviously being aimed at younger audiences, I found it surprisingly enjoyable. You can tell it was directed by Miyazaki, it looked and felt very Ghibli, if that makes sense. :p: Production values weren't as high though, of course.

Replacing that will be The Third; this series has been on my want to watch list even longer than Sherlock Hound, I got the files from the then-president of Aberanime in 2011. Though now that I've become obsessed with maxing the quality of my anime, I won't even be watching those files, as I've found a better quality DVD rip. :giggle:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    :tumble:

I've already asked on Facebook and on my blog, but may as well get some more opinions here: I've got tomorrow off from work, and plan to watch the 2nd and 3rd eps of a few of the new Spring series I initially skipped over, but I probably won't have time for everything. Are there any series in particular that anybody would recommend? Here's what I'm already watching.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'll probably end up going with Ansatsu Kyoushítsu instead, because the synopsis appeals to me a lot. Should hopefully prove more interesting than this season's assassin school anime Akuma no Riddle has so far, at least.
    Viz are releasing Assassination Classroom in December although by then they'll be about 12 volumes behind Japan. I think they've licensed pretty much all of Jump's current successful series except the sports ones now (Kuroko & Haikyuu).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Well guys, I am ashamed to say I have only had time to watch 1 anime series in the last 2-3 weeks. :sad:

That anime series was Another and was pretty good imo. =)
    Last exam is Friday and so, will then have more free time for anime again! =D
    'Another' was fantastic to watch 8).You should watch 'Higurashi no naku koro ni' 8)

:tumble:

I've already asked on Facebook and on my blog, but may as well get some more opinions here: I've got tomorrow off from work, and plan to watch the 2nd and 3rd eps of a few of the new Spring series I initially skipped over, but I probably won't have time for everything. Are there any series in particular that anybody would recommend? Here's what I'm already watching.
    Looks like you've seen A LOT of animes XD. Could you recommend me some psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime . No cheesy, lovey dovey ones XD.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Viz are releasing Assassination Classroom in December although by then they'll be about 12 volumes behind Japan. I think they've licensed pretty much all of Jump's current successful series except the sports ones now (Kuroko & Haikyuu).
    Thanks for the heads up! I prefer to buy series if they're available licensed, so I'll wait. Chances are it'll be available on Kindle if Viz are the ones releasing it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Lt93)
    Looks like you've seen A LOT of animes XD. Could you recommend me some psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime . No cheesy, lovey dovey ones XD.

Certainly! I don't know what you've seen already, but here's a few suggestions.

Elfen Lied

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Shiki

Mirai Nikki

Steins;Gate

Welcome to the NHK!

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Blue Gender

Nichijou

Baccano!

Hope something there takes your interest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lt93)
    'Another' was fantastic to watch 8).You should watch 'Higurashi no naku koro ni' 8)

I have seen all of the higurashi series. =)

ReputationRep:
    Certainly! I don't know what you've seen already, but here's a few suggestions.

Elfen Lied

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

Shiki

Mirai Nikki

Steins;Gate

Welcome to the NHK!

Hunter x Hunter (2011)

Blue Gender

Nichijou

Baccano!

Hope something there takes your interest!
    Thank you I'll be sure to check them out .

(Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I have seen all of the higurashi series. =)
    Nice! I don't know if you've seen a lot of animes, but could you recommend me some as well? Psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime 8)

ReputationRep:
    Sidonia's animation is very.....different

I LOVE IT :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lt93)
    TNice! I don't know if you've seen a lot of animes, but could you recommend me some as well? Psychological, horror, action, supernatural anime and comedy anime 8)
    Uminiku - In English, it is translated into "When Seagulls Cry" - A very good series but the ending is left open and was never really completed, so, it is up to you how you view what happened.

Uminiku was written by the same person who wrote Higurashi

Also has a pretty bad ass opening:

Spoiler:
    Show

Black Butler - I found this very funny but, I personally found the first episode rather bland.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head (kinda got exams on the brain, my last one is on Friday...)
    Someone shoot me (out of a cannon), at high speed so I will be far away from here... :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the heads up! I prefer to buy series if they're available licensed, so I'll wait. Chances are it'll be available on Kindle if Viz are the ones releasing it.
    Yeah, they're releasing it digitally as well. They seemed pretty certain they weren't going to release it with the issue of guns in classrooms being a pretty sensitive topic in America so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Yeah, they're releasing it digitally as well. They seemed pretty certain they weren't going to release it with the issue of guns in classrooms being a pretty sensitive topic in America so I was pleasantly surprised when they announced it.
    I found the ANN article, but it didn't specify whether the digital release would be US-only like a lot of their titles or not. :dontknow: Either way I'll wait and see, there's plenty more to read in the meantime.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Since I didn't get any Spring anime recommendations here in the end (I'm disappointed in all of you :sadnod: :p:), I went with the shows suggested by friends on Facebook, along with a few I remained vaguely interested in myself. Here's my thoughts

Kamigami no Asobi (ep 2) - Didn't do anything for me at all, sadly. It's no UtaPri. :no:

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (ep 2) - An improvement on the first episode, but I've still seen much better. :yawn:

No Game No Life (ep 3) - No way.

Ping Pong the Animation (ep 2) - Eh, it's way better than the above, but I'm still not fully convinced it's for me. Will give it another episode.

M3: Sono Kuroki Hagane (ep 1 & 2) - Skipped this first time around as it aired so late... what am I watching? It's probably terrible, but the characters are crazy enough that it's holding my interest. Again, I'll give it a third episode. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Newbie here, sup Does anyone have any reccomendations for anime/manga I might enjoy? I'll list a few I liked below, I'm hoping to start watching a lot over summer

Mawaru Penguindrum, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Evangelion, No. 6, Tactics, Jigoku Shoujo, Durarara!!, Clannad and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun... varied, but I don't mind trying something new! My favourites tend to be ones that **** with your head/heart
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by penguindrum)
    Newbie here, sup Does anyone have any reccomendations for anime/manga I might enjoy? I'll list a few I liked below, I'm hoping to start watching a lot over summer

Mawaru Penguindrum, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Kill La Kill, Attack on Titan, Steins;Gate, Evangelion, No. 6, Tactics, Jigoku Shoujo, Durarara!!, Clannad and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, To Aru Kagaku No Railgun... varied, but I don't mind trying something new! My favourites tend to be ones that **** with your head/heart
    Welcome to the society, once again.

Based on the series you've said you liked there, I'd recommend any of the following:

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Bokurano

Welcome to the NHK!

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashìta

Some are quite dark and serious, others are laugh out loud comedies, but there should be plenty of mind****s to be had with most of them. :p: Hope at least one of them interests you.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.