Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I haven't posted as I haven't watched much I had planned to go see The Wind Rises in cinema but its not shown near my term time location and I can't make it home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridescenzo)
    This season isn't too great, to be honest.

http://anichart.net/spring
    I think that's a matter of opinion.
    I personally prefer it to the previous few seasons where there were only one or two series that I found remotely interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DistantTraces)
    I personally prefer it to the previous few seasons where there were only one or two series that I found remotely interesting.
    The only thing from the Spring lineup that I watched, religiously, was KLK, and even then, since it started in autumn, it was technically a spring leftover.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by DistantTraces)
    :ditto: I feel this has been one of the most enjoyable anime seasons in a long time, personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Welcome to the society, once again.

Based on the series you've said you liked there, I'd recommend any of the following:

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Bokurano

Welcome to the NHK!

Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi

Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashìta

Some are quite dark and serious, others are laugh out loud comedies, but there should be plenty of mind****s to be had with most of them. :p: Hope at least one of them interests you.
    Ahh thanks so much! :3 I've been meaning to watch a few of these, especially Utena, since I also have a thing for tragedy apparently :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penguindrum)
    Ahh thanks so much! :3 I've been meaning to watch a few of these, especially Utena, since I also have a thing for tragedy apparently :lol:
    The first three mentioned are absolutely fantastic. My favourite is probably Bokurano, although, tonally, they're all completely different, so it's hard to compare them.

ReputationRep:
    Dragonball Kai back on, more Jojo and Hunter x Hunter continuing. How it should be. :dumbells:

Finished punk hazard, had to force myself.. ceasar clown was irritating. But the rest was ok. Was better once a certain pink feathered (or is it fur?) man was mentioned

I should get back into series that arnt raging with manlyness.

Oh I also started watching original dragonball, having never seen it before. Sound quality on the files is a bit iffy. Shame theres no torrents for the remastered series that came out a month ago.:ninja:

ReputationRep:
    The first three mentioned are absolutely fantastic. My favourite is probably Bokurano, although, tonally, they're all completely different, so it's hard to compare them.
    Yes, Bokurano looks really good! It reminds me a little of Evangelion, so I'm excited to watch it! and anything by Ikuhara is obviously going to be awesome. Friends of mine have enjoyed NHK too. Though I haven't heard of the other two before...

Does anyone have any tragedy/psychological anime?! I like the depressing stuff

ReputationRep:
    Yes, Bokurano looks really good! It reminds me a little of Evangelion, so I'm excited to watch it! and anything by Ikuhara is obviously going to be awesome. Friends of mine have enjoyed NHK too. Though I haven't heard of the other two before...

Do movies count?

Perfect Blue is a very psychologically-concerned film. It's also very morose.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Glad my first lot of recommendations were of some interest, I'll try again with some darker series. :p: These five are all in my personal Top 50 anime of all time list, as are Bokurano and NHK incidentally. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Now and Then, Here and There

Shiki

Monster

ReputationRep:
    Dragonball is pretty damn funny :giggle: On ep 6 now.

However it has moments like this where oolong puts a tranquilizer in bulmas drink :lolwut:
    and then..

ReputationRep:
    Currently watching HxH 2011, it sure brings back memories . And the soundtracks are a lot better this time round, I'm especially liking the zoldyck theme.

(Original post by vin)
    Dragonball is pretty damn funny :giggle: On ep 6 now.

However it has moments like this where oolong puts a tranquilizer in bulmas drink :lolwut:
    and then..

I need to watch original dragonball as well, since I've only watched Z and GT. People say that the original is better than both so I'll probably get to it this summer .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I ended up revisiting three more Spring series (Soul Eater Not!, Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara and Black Bullet), before finally deciding to pick up the latter. The first arc was actually really enjoyable, though the last couple of episodes have been predictable, and are straying a little close to generic harem territory.

I chose not to drop anything to make room for it in the end - WIXOSS is starting to get darker and more intriguing, Akuma no Riddle finally varied it's assassin of the week formula, and even Blade and Soul's plot is starting to thicken. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have recently found myself with a lot of free time now my exams are over... :banana::banana::banana:

Any anime suggestions? - 1 Rule.

No mech.

ReputationRep:
    Yowamushi Pedal season 2 in October, yesssssssss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I have recently found myself with a lot of free time now my exams are over... :banana::banana::banana:

No mech.
    Good thing you aren't missing anything with Captain Earth, then.

Kill la Kill was ****ing great.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)

No mech.
    I can't remember what you've already watched, or what (if anything) I've already recommended you in the past, but here's a varied, mech-free selection.

Baccano!

Tsuritama

Captain Harlock

xxxHOLiC

Shigofumi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I can't remember what you've already watched, or what (if anything) I've already recommended you in the past, but here's a varied, mech-free selection.

Baccano!

Tsuritama

Captain Harlock

xxxHOLiC

Shigofumi
    xxxHOLiC has the worst art I've ever seen. I don't really remember the story very well, though.

ReputationRep:
    Nevermind found it .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    xxxHOLiC has the worst art I've ever seen. I don't really remember the story very well, though.
    Hmmm, I haven't watched it for about 7 years, so I can't reliably comment on the animation quality (though I remember it taking CLAMP's noodle limbs to new extremes). :p: I stand by my recommendation for the story and characters, however.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.