Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Just a quick post to say that I've finally picked up Sidonia no Kishi. I think the common saying 'save the best for last' is apt here, or at least it's certainly one of from this season. There's not much to fault here, really. The overall tone and feel of the series is right up my alley. The world setting is also really interesting and has been introduced well.

The CGI animation is tastefully done. I think watching Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio Ars Nova has allowed me to become more accepting of its use. I think it only becomes an issue when they attempt to combine traditional animation with CGI because often it's too disparate. In this case, as everything is CGI, both character and terrain, it just works, whilst retaining the look and feel of an anime.

So, yeah, definitely one of the better series from the current season. I'm interested to see where they take this.

ReputationRep:
    Started watching Kill La Kill. My goodness it's amazing.
    Also loving No Game No Life atm

ReputationRep:
    Mekakucity Actors is sometimes so confusing
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Mekakucity Actors is sometimes so confusing
    I agree. I'm not sure what to make of it, myself - I enjoyed the early episodes, but some of the more recent ones have either bored me or just confused the hell out of me. I'm sticking with it though, on the assumption that it'll all make sense in the end.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Dammit, killed the thread again...

I've only got one volume of Freesia and Crown of Love to read - after that I've got a load of single volume manga to read (emanga is discontinuing these six next month, so if anyone's interested in digital manga, they may be worth looking at). Haven't decided what I'll pick up to replace this lot yet, but I intend to have a good look over the long weekend. :beard:

Am also on the final third of Elemental Gelade; all volumes from here onwards are completely new to me, as Tokyopop never got around to releasing them, so I look forward to seeing how it all ends.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I'm new to this thread (nervous). Could anyone please recommend me any anime that has overpowered main character??? Like Alucard from hellsing or akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha No Estetica.

Thank youu.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by xxlokixx)
    Hello, I'm new to this thread (nervous). Could anyone please recommend me any anime that has overpowered main character??? Like Alucard from hellsing or akatsuki from Hagure Yuusha No Estetica.

Thank youu.
    Welcome to the society, once again. Here's a few series that sprung to my mind:

Devil May Cry

Kuroshítsuji

Claymore

*******!!

MD Geist

Hope something there takes your interest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Welcome to the society, once again. Here's a few series that sprung to my mind:

Devil May Cry

Kuroshítsuji

Claymore

*******!!

MD Geist

Hope something there takes your interest!
    I've seen many people do reviews of claymore so i'll probably watch that. Thank you .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    This thread in Chat... :giggle:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2690126

Watching Shin Sekai Yori, and I'm having trouble deciding whether it's a huge pile of ****, or not.

The animation quality mysteriously plummets after episode 4. Lots of derpface going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridescenzo)
    Watching Shin Sekai Yori, and I'm having trouble deciding whether it's a huge pile of ****, or not.

The animation quality mysteriously plummets after episode 4. Lots of derpface going on.
    Keep watching it.

In one episode it gets weird as hell though. You'll know when you get there

(Original post by Tai Ga)
    Keep watching it.

In one episode it gets weird as hell though. You'll know when you get there
    Spoiler:
    Show

After Shun goes full Sayaka, you mean? I only just finished watching episode 11.
    I was surprised at the gay pairings, but then I remembered the bonobo thing in episode 5.

There are clear resonances of Madoka in this show.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    Uminiku - In English, it is translated into "When Seagulls Cry" - A very good series but the ending is left open and was never really completed, so, it is up to you how you view what happened.

Uminiku was written by the same person who wrote Higurashi

Also has a pretty bad ass opening:

Spoiler:
    Show

Black Butler - I found this very funny but, I personally found the first episode rather bland.

Can't think of any more off the top of my head (kinda got exams on the brain, my last one is on Friday...)
    Someone shoot me (out of a cannon), at high speed so I will be far away from here... :sad:
    Thank you . Good luck!. I'll shoot you to space XD

ReputationRep:
    Glad my first lot of recommendations were of some interest, I'll try again with some darker series. :p: These five are all in my personal Top 50 anime of all time list, as are Bokurano and NHK incidentally. :yes:

Shin Sekai Yori

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette

Now and Then, Here and There

Shiki

Monster
    Thank you so much for recommending Bokurano ;o; It was so good, I marathoned the whole thing! I tried so hard to keep disliking the characters but I loved all of them by the end!

I think I'll give Shin Sekai Yori a try next, it looks promising! Out of curiosity, though, what's number one in your top 50?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by penguindrum)
    Thank you so much for recommending Bokurano ;o; It was so good, I marathoned the whole thing! I tried so hard to keep disliking the characters but I loved all of them by the end!
    No problem, glad you liked it. I also marathoned the whole series in one sitting when I watched it.

ReputationRep:
    No problem, glad you liked it. I also marathoned the whole series in one sitting when I watched it.

I think I'll try Shin Sekai Yori next, it looks promising! Hopefully my half-broken heart will survive xD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Out of curiosity, though, what's number one in your top 50?
    Just noticed your edit... that's a hard question to answer, I usually treat all the anime in my Top 50 as equal so that I don't have to think too hard about it. Possibly Baccano! at this moment in time.

I think I'll try Shin Sekai Yori next, it looks promising! Hopefully my half-broken heart will survive xD
    Shin Sekai Yori has an odd feel/pacing to it, and is a little slow at the beginning, but the build up is worth it in the end, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    I finally have some free time now, so I can watch some anime after a year.. (yay).

Just need to decide on something.

ReputationRep:
    nooo didn't think Nisekoi would only be 20 eps and just when things started to get moving as well..

probably not enough manga material :sadnod: really want another season :puppyeyes: no ending but a great ep still best romeo and juliet play i've seen :rofl: really enjoyed this show on the whole, especially the characters :yep: absolutely hilarious at times :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I finally have some free time now, so I can watch some anime after a year.. (yay).

Just need to decide on something.
    Nisekoi :yeah:

or Full Metal Panic?

and :hi:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.