Turn on thread page Beta

The Anime Society 5: Tentacles For All! watch

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Currently marathoning Ano Natsu de Matteru, which I was given by a friend earlier this year - I was expecting a generic ecchi harem series, but instead I got a decent romantic comedy with really likeable characters. Pleasantly surprised.

ReputationRep:
    ^ one of the many good shows I stopped watching at the last ep for no reason :pinch: Anohana :erm:

enjoying DB Kai man that was brutal against Videl :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    ^ one of the many good shows I stopped watching at the last ep for no reason :pinch: Anohana :erm:

enjoying DB Kai man that was brutal against Videl :lolwut:
    I still need to watch the last Kill la Kill episode . Have no idea why but I just stopped watching it last episode XD.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I could never stall a series on/near the last episode - if anything, the closer I get to the end of a show, the more likely I am to keep watching and finish it, so that I can clear a space for something new. :p: Most of the anime on my stalled list are things that I lost interest in way before the half-way point. :yes: [EDIT] The exception being Hellsing Ultimate, which I started watching on Bluray, and am still waiting for the final two eps to be released here.

After finishing Ano Natsu, I tried watching Iria: Zeiram the Animation, which I picked up on DVD at the February expo... but stopped about a minute into it. No fault of the show itself, but the timing on the subtitles is abysmal. I'm already 'acquiring' another version as I type this, but it's still a shame.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watched Ergo Proxy? One of the few "classics" I haven't tried yet. Is it good?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Tai Ga)
    Anyone watched Ergo Proxy? One of the few "classics" I haven't tried yet. Is it good?
    I found it enjoyable enough, a very confusing series though. :hmmmm2:

ReputationRep:
    I can't be the only one who's seriously PO with the extortionate price of anime in the UK can I?

The cheapest you can buy SAO Blu Ray online (complete series which is comprised of 4 separate parts) is £71.76.

Not that I am going to buy it because the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first half but still, that is just plain silly that price...

EDIT:
    I bought the whole FMAB series on Blu Ray for just under £50 before and that is 64 episodes!
    SAO is less than half of that!

ReputationRep:
    HUNTER X HUNTER Episode 131, the best anime episode I've ever seen. OMFG,OMFG,OMFG,OMFG.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Willdono)
    HUNTER X HUNTER Episode 131, the best anime episode I've ever seen. OMFG,OMFG,OMFG,OMFG.
    I'm just about to watch that myself, and am looking forward to it even more after reading this.

This has been a good week for strong episodes (loved the latest JoJo's, Break Blade and YowaPeda), but if anything can beat them it's Hunter x Hunter. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scienceisgood)
    I can't be the only one who's seriously PO with the extortionate price of anime in the UK can I?

The cheapest you can buy SAO Blu Ray online (complete series which is comprised of 4 separate parts) is £71.76.

Not that I am going to buy it because the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first half but still, that is just plain silly that price...

EDIT:
    I bought the whole FMAB series on Blu Ray for just under £50 before and that is 64 episodes!
    SAO is less than half of that!
    As bad as GB prices can be, they're nothing compared to America, let alone Japan! Pretty sure the Japanese firms make them charge high prices to stop reverse importation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Nisekoi :yeah:

or Full Metal Panic?

and :hi:
    :hi:

I decided to watch Kill la Kill because of the hype, I have watched the first few episodes and I am not a fan. Might watch a few more before I decide to continue or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    I'm just about to watch that myself, and am looking forward to it even more after reading this.

This has been a good week for strong episodes (loved the latest JoJo's, Break Blade and YowaPeda), but if anything can beat them it's Hunter x Hunter. :yes:

It was amazing wasn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I wish you happiness and well-being.

I am still shaking from last night, was it real? I have been waiting for this moment for well over a year, I cannot comprehend the sheer epicness!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very good, although I personally had a couple of minor complaints...

Hunter x Hunter ep 131 spoilers
    Firstly, I don't usually like it when characters suddenly pull a new power/ability out of thin air, as Gon did by suddenly ageing - though the terrible side effects may balance things out in this case. Either way, I'm hoping they'll offer some explanation later on about how the heck he did that.

Secondly, I liked Pitou as a character, and didn't want to see them die, or at least not in such a horrible way. :o:

As I say though, that's just my preferences. I still enjoyed the episode on the whole, but for me episode 126 is still my favourite of the series (and probably the best single episode of the season that I've watched, IMO).

ReputationRep:
    My god, so epic yet so sad at the same time. Amazing episode. People say that the chimera ant arc is controversial in the way the things have been done but I'd probably say it's the best arc in the series. Unfortunately I caved in and read the manga XD.

Firstly, I don't usually like it when characters suddenly pull a new power/ability out of thin air, as Gon did by suddenly ageing - though the terrible side effects may balance things out in this case. Either way, I'm hoping they'll offer some explanation later on about how the heck he did that.

Secondly, I liked Pitou as a character, and didn't want to see them die, or at least not in such a horrible way. :o:

As I say though, that's just my preferences. I still enjoyed the episode on the whole, but for me episode 126 is still my favourite of the series (and probably the best single episode of the season that I've watched, IMO).
    "them" I'm still having trouble deducing whether Pitou is a guy or a girl as well XD.

ReputationRep:

Gon kinda did a Kurapika, gaining nen abilities way out of his capacity. Except the exchange Gon made must have had at least 10x the risk of Kurapika's resolve to defeat the Phantom Troupe. At least there was logic to his massive power up rather than a complete and utter Naruto a** pull of immense power without any side effects lol.
    For me Pitou was a bit**... unless she's a boy...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    "them" I'm still having trouble deducing whether Pitou is a guy or a girl as well XD.
    Pitou has no confirmed gender. I'm impressed the official subs have managed to retain that (aside from that one episode where they slipped up and said 'she'), as it's a lot harder to avoid using gender specific pronouns in English than in Japanese. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know any anime alternatives to Mirrai Nikkai, in English known as Future Diary. Also, any alternatives to Gantz or Deadman Wonderland...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Does anyone know any anime alternatives to Mirrai Nikkai, in English known as Future Diary. Also, any alternatives to Gantz or Deadman Wonderland...
    You mean similar survival-game-type series recommendations? If so, I'd recommend the following:

Danganronpa

Btooom!

Bokurano

ReputationRep:

Even better than episode 116?

Just read the latest chapter of a Naruto, blimey things are really starting to heat up. A couple months ago I really didn't enjoy Naruto but since chapter 669 or so, can't remember the exact chapter, things have really picked up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.