Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Entrepreneur123)
    Even better than episode 116?
    After skimming through that episode and checking my blog rankings for that week, yeah, I still feel episode 126 of HxH is my favourite. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    After watching the trailer for Gungale Online (SAO Season 2), can someone please tell me why Kirito is a girl?

Or is it a secret which is involved majorly in the plot somewhere?
    If so, don't tell me.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm still in the process of replacing my older anime files with ones that are of watchable quality... surprised to see that Riding Bean got a 720p release, when all I can find for Gunsmith Cats is a low-res R1 DVD rip with dubious audio quality. :p: [EDIT] Wow, the A-P entry for Riding Bean is showing its age. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to drop Kill la Kill because I haven't watched anime for a while and so I'd rather watch something more to my taste. I am guessing most people here enjoyed the anime?

Going to pick up Durara instead. Can't remember who suggested it.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    A great series, and this is a good time to watch it since a sequel was announced recently. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuuki)
    I've decided to drop Kill la Kill because I haven't watched anime for a while and so I'd rather watch something more to my taste. I am guessing most people here enjoyed the anime?

Kill la Kill is exceptionally anime you kind of need to embrace how completely anime it is to enjoy it to the fullest - I enjoyed it a lot, but it certainly isn't to everyone's taste.

Durarara!! on the other hand is pretty easy to get into - I love the series to bits as it has some fantastic characters, need to get a rewatch in before the 2nd season airs!

ReputationRep:
    BUT GUYS ATTACK ON TITAN!!!!!! ;AAAAAA;
    it needs to come back to my life omg
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Started watching The Book of Bantorra - I actually watched the first episode back when it aired in 2009, but all I remembered about it was the hilariously bad CG boats (which were just as funny on second viewing :giggle). The story and characters have me interested, though. :beard:

I couldn't believe it had been nearly 5 years since I watched that first episode, which made me go back and look at 2009's Spring season offerings... which made me feel old. :sigh: If any of you watched the likes of Basquash!, Natsu no Arashi, Cross Game, Saki or Sengoku Basara as they aired, you should feel old too. :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    Anybody watching Mekakucity Actors / Kagepro this season? i wonder what are your thoughts of it? 8D i've been a fan of the song series and the manga for almost a year and i really like the anime so far

(this is the right thread to talk about anime right....?:'D )
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ayano)
    Anybody watching Mekakucity Actors / Kagepro this season? i wonder what are your thoughts of it? 8D i've been a fan of the song series and the manga for almost a year and i really like the anime so far

This is the right thread, so welcome once again.

I'm watching Mekaku City Actors, but as I'm not familiar with the songs or the manga, it's all new to me. I'm definitely intrigued by the story, though all the jumping backwards and forwards in time is making it difficult for me to follow.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am a big anime fan.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Armin.)
    Hello, I am a big anime fan.
    Welcome to the society! I've accepted your membership request~

Your signature made me laugh. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryJellyfish)
    Welcome to the society! I've accepted your membership request~

Your signature made me laugh. :giggle:

Thanks for the warm welcome I appreciate it.

ReputationRep:
    Ep. 249 of Naruto Shippuden just made me tear up. Never would've expected that to happen (unbelievable considering I didn't even cry to Anohana o.O)

ReputationRep:
    Hey I thought I'd post in this thread, I think I've posted in here once .... in 2012 :lol:

(Original post by Leyyy)
    BUT GUYS ATTACK ON TITAN!!!!!! ;AAAAAA;
    it needs to come back to my life omg
    If you don't mind dubs then you can rewatch it. There is 13 episodes dubbed so far It's not great but it's not bad either, I just can't stand Armin's voice compared to the original japanese voice actor. Other than I can't complain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayano)

I like it. it's a bit different. At first it wasn't making any sense to me, but now i'm starting to understand things.

On another note, one of the bishies in Kamigami went all yandere the other day :afraid:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I didn't watch much anime today, since A-P was down until the early evening. :o:

I've chosen a manga series to replace Otona Pink, which I just finished - next on my reading list will be Franken Fran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Hey I thought I'd post in this thread, I think I've posted in here once .... in 2012 :lol:

If you don't mind dubs then you can rewatch it. There is 13 episodes dubbed so far It's not great but it's not bad either, I just can't stand Armin's voice compared to the original japanese voice actor. Other than I can't complain.
    Never been a fan of dubs myself. I think the Japanese subs are beautiful; when you dub it it just loses the meaning. Plus Japanese voice actors are SO enthusiastic!haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leyyy)
    Never been a fan of dubs myself. I think the Japanese subs are beautiful; when you dub it it just loses the meaning. Plus Japanese voice actors are SO enthusiastic!haha
    Some of the old dubs are absolutely horrible, now it's gotten a bit better but still nothing compared to subs .
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Leyyy)
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Some of the old dubs are absolutely horrible, now it's gotten a bit better but still nothing compared to subs .
    :ditto: No surprise really though, that a country which manages to produce over 30 new animated series every season would have such a large pool and high standard of voice acting talent. :yes:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.