Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leyyy)
    Never been a fan of dubs myself. I think the Japanese subs are beautiful; when you dub it it just loses the meaning. Plus Japanese voice actors are SO enthusiastic!haha
    Everyone has their own preferences, to me it depends on the type of anime. If it contains a lot of action and has a decent dub then I tend to enjoy that more because I get watch the animation without any distractions. But things like Clannad etc I enjoy the Japanese more. (I still watch both sub and dub for everything though).

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, can anyone recommend me any anime to watch preferably Shounen. I've finished exams and got nothing to do!
    Ones i really like and watch so far:

Hunter x Hunter
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Fairy tail
    Hitman Reborn
    Attack on Titan
    Black Bullet
    An anime with a lot of episodes would be great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirtybit)
    Hi guys, can anyone recommend me any anime to watch preferably Shounen. I've finished exams and got nothing to do!

Hunter x Hunter
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Fairy tail
    Hitman Reborn
    Attack on Titan
    Black Bullet
    Have you watched Full Metal Alchemist/ Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood? If not you should check them out the original has about 50 episodes and Brotherhood has 60 ish.

ReputationRep:

Hunter x Hunter
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Fairy tail
    Hitman Reborn
    Attack on Titan
    Black Bullet
    FMA: Brotherhood :borat:

dayum too slow

yeah watch the original first :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys I'll start on that!

ReputationRep:

Hunter x Hunter
    Bleach
    One Piece
    Naruto
    Fairy tail
    Hitman Reborn
    Attack on Titan
    Black Bullet
    Shounen shows with loads of episodes are my bread & butter. I'd recommend:

Fullmetal Alchemist
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Dragonball
    Flame of Recca
    YuYu Hakushou
    Gintama
    Saiyuki
    InuYasha
    History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
    D.Gray-man
    Soul Eater

ReputationRep:
    Don't watch fairy tale ever. haha
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I started the Aoi Hana manga earlier (bought from emanga) - easy to see why the anime adaptation was so slow, when nearly half the series was based on content in the first volume alone! :zomg: The manga seems much better paced. :yes: I just hope it doesn't take too long for them to release the rest of the series.

ReputationRep:
    Ping Pong 8
    Spoiler:
    Show
    DAMMIT I CAN'T STAND BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO KONG ANYMORE

WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE JUST LET HIM GO HOME :mad:

Aw man I was just about to rejoice over preordering this.
    Then I see this. And I don't have that much money to burn.
    Well, I'm all right with it though. I love Anthy but whereas Utena's fig is badass Anthy's is kind of... I mean, that innocuous expression, that servile position, that bent spine, that skirt wrapped around her leg and butt where it's supposed to be super floofy :|

Also I'm really looking forward to next season. Space Dandy, Sailor Moon, JojoS2, Psycho Pass. Barakamon, Ao Haru Ride, Glasslip, Nozaki-kun, Aldnoah.Zero, Tokyo ESP. Zankyou no Terror = original Watanabe anime + Yoko Kanno YAY

Anybody read Akame ga Kill? I haven't and I don't know if it sounds good or terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Hey hey! I've been watching Anime off and on recently; just finished a number of the mainstream "popular" ones. (e.g. Death Note, Cowboy Bepop, Code Geass, Monster, Hellsing Ultimate, Samurai Champloo, etc - All that good stuff) Anyone know of a serious, thought-provoking Anime with an interesting protagonist that they could recommend? Thanks!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by It's a Classic)
    Hey hey! I've been watching Anime off and on recently; just finished a number of the mainstream "popular" ones. (e.g. Death Note, Cowboy Bepop, Code Geass, Monster, Hellsing Ultimate, Samurai Champloo, etc - All that good stuff) Anyone know of a serious, thought-provoking Anime with an interesting protagonist that they could recommend? Thanks!
    Here's a few suggestions, hope something amongst them takes your interest.

Steins;Gate

Shiki

Psycho-Pass

Kaiji

Speed Grapher

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

been a while since I looked here, so I decided to start something new. What are the anime titles you're looking forward to this summer? What title(s) are you watching now?

Also, anyone here who's seen/read Gokukoku no Brynhildr got any thoughts on it?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Judge Jasel)
    Hey guys,

been a while since I looked here, so I decided to start something new. What are the anime titles you're looking forward to this summer? What title(s) are you watching now?

Also, anyone here who's seen/read Gokukoku no Brynhildr got any thoughts on it?
    Hello! :wavey:

I'm really liking the current Spring season, and have 19 series on the go in total. Here's a full list, but the new series highlights for me would have to be Knights of Sidonia, Break Blade TV, Hitsugi no Chaika, and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, while Hunter x Hunter and Yowamushi Pedal continue to be excellent as well. :yes:

The Summer season, I'm not so enthusiastic about. Plenty of sequels of interest (Sengoku Basara, Kuroshítsuji, Hamatora, Free!, Persona 4), but only a couple of new series have caught my interest based on promo art and synopses, with the rest looking average at best. I'll watch the first episodes of everything to give them all a chance, though.

I'm watching Gokukoku no Brynhildr, and if you'd asked a few weeks ago then I might have included it in my list of highlights... but I've found the plot (while still interesting) seems to be getting sidelined more and more each week, while the level of inappropriate fanservice and generic ecchi comedy is becoming more prominent. I've found the last couple of episodes painful to watch. :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It's a Classic)
    Kara no Kyoukai movies!

ReputationRep:

Oh my gosh, my childhood show is back :O. I'm anticipating this . One thing that's bugging me is the art. They made the bodies so thin!!

Who's excited for this? most probably me XD
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Lt93)
    Oh my gosh, my childhood show is back :O. I'm anticipating this . One thing that's bugging me is the art. They made the bodies so thin!!

I'm not sure I'd have the patience for fortnightly episodes... though I will probably use the hype as an excuse to finally get hold of the first anime series, and watch that instead. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Is Eden of the east any good?

(Original post by Lt93)

My sister told me that I used to watch sailor moon with her yet I can't remember anything XD. I'll probably watch it again at some point :P.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Started Tentai Senshi Sunred 2, several years after watching the first at Aber Anime - highly amusing stuff! :giggle: I should probably watch more shorts, they make for a nice change of pace, and these days there seems to be a lot more new ones each season. :beard:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Been a while since I've posted here, so figured I'd quickly relay my thoughts on what I'm watching.

Baby Steps has all of the markers of a good sport shounen series. It's not quite Major yet, but it's definitely showing signs of it.

Black Bullet has had its up and downs, largely due to its pacing and subsequent plot holes that have been seemingly brushed aside for the time being, but the action has been good and the characters are likeable enough.

Blade and Soul started off reasonably strong, but seems to have sizzled down somewhat. I'll carry on watching, but the plot is enticing me less than it did.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou maintains the balance between romance and comedy well. It's just a shame that the animation dips from time to time, especially considering that normally it's very good.

Brynhildr in the Darkness has kept my interest for its run. The underlying understanding that the characters are never safe and could potentially die at any moment is the main reason for this. As AJ mentioned, it's just a shame that they're focusing less on the main plot and more on the episodic shenanigans that contribute very little. That said, it contrasts with the main plot, which brings about an unsettling feeling.

Seikoku no Dragonar is highly generic and the plot has not amounted to anything great. I'm still watching this because it's amusing enough and easy to process.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Selector Infected WIXOSS has this sinister undertone that perpetuates every episode. The recent revelation has definitely upped the ante. I wasn't sure where they would take this and was concerned it would become your typical game based anime with a twist, but I'm liking the direction so far.

Sidonia no Kishi is probably one of the best series I have on at the moment. Everything from the plot to the characterisation has, for the most part, been very good, in my view. My only gripe is that occasionally the pacing can seem a bit quick, to the extent that it's a bit difficult to process everything that's going on (referring to a particular flashback recently that I had to watch more than once to fully understand). The animation is nothing short of fantastic, especially during the battle scenes. The SFX and soundtrack is also really good. This CGI style is an acquired taste, but it's one I'm definitely starting to accept in a positive light.

Mahouka is probably the anime I look forward to watching the most each week. There's something about the characters and their interactions that I really like, especially when it concerns our 'badass' protagonist. The only slight issue is the lack of exposition on the world setting itself. We are assumed to understand what the characters are referring to, with little to no explanation. It's not a major issue, though. I understand the majority of it.

I'm also watching quite a few others, which you can find on my A-P list. I'm just running out of steam. Until next time.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching mekakucity actors ? It's pretty weird and confusing but at the same time interesting

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.